nuid

Lehighton, PA

#4757 Oct 18, 2012
Yikes.Okay,let's get this out of the way.Word is this tape when Ms. Toohill ran against Todd Eaches.Eaches chose to not use the tape because he thought he would win plus Ms. Toohill supposedly had more incriminating info on one of Eaches' staff.Interesting it is surfacing now.I don't care about it.Doesn't affect me and I doubt highly it has been affecting Ms. Toohill's performance in Harrisburg.Alot of young people dabbled and tried different things.And,those young people have gone on to become highly reputable adults.Some even holding office.As for the so called gay tag,well folks,hate to break it to you but we have had gay people hold office and administrative jobs within our own county court house system.As for experimenting with drugs----oh I bet there were a few.Young people do stupid and foolish things.My problem is with the adults who do stupid,foolish,and illegal things.Worse than smoking a few joints.Do I approve of illegal drugs?Absolutely not.Am not condoning a thing here folks.Just stating that what Ms. Toohill did is not shocking.Nor do I think it warrants her resignation.Happened a long time ago.Who doesn't have a few skeletal bones rolling around in a closet or two?

To me pal GUMID.I ain't chewing on nothing.Personally,I hate those damn flyers.Look at them but don't study them.They are a waste of time and money.You and I aren't going to stop it.Not the flyers,not the spending,not the content.The Goppies have the seat after a very long time.They ain't about to let it go.Not without a fight,anyhow.Either side of the aisle would fight for it.

How about the Carbon County entourage that made the trip to see the unveiling of McCall's portrait/pic in Harrisburg.Still scratching my head over that one.Spent all that time in the Legislature,worked his way up,gets the top spot,and in one year bags the whole enchalada.I guess life does turn on a dime.hmmm
Gave up myid

Lehighton, PA

#4758 Oct 19, 2012
I actually agree with you on Toohill, but don't get too excited. Life does turn on a dime (maybe a quarter, making allowance for inflation).
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#4759 Oct 19, 2012
Gave up myid wrote:
I actually agree with you on Toohill, but don't get too excited. Life does turn on a dime (maybe a quarter, making allowance for inflation).
Your allowance is acknowledged and duly noted.And,I promise.I shall contain my excitement.I know better.You and I will be doing battle in the not too distant future.
Uncle NayHay

Lehighton, PA

#4760 Oct 19, 2012
Someone tells Tinker is placing signs throughout the county...
Anita Beer

Allentown, PA

#4761 Oct 22, 2012
Has anyone seen a Stilp/ Barletta poll for the 11th? I haven't seen really anything. Are there any conclusions which one can draw by the lack of information? Is the race closer than we all expected it to be?

Last I heard, Stilp was low on funds but Barletta hasn't been spending either? The issue was that the 11th was the most gerrymandered district in the country. But, that was talked about more in the primary.
Tweet Tweet

Lehighton, PA

#4762 Oct 22, 2012
Anita, word is that the Stilp/Barletta race is closer than it should be. I haven't seen polling to confirm that though. People know Stilp in the southern portion of the new 11th district and from what I've been able to gather its the two extremes that won't vote for him(far left and far right). He tends to appeal to most voters that aren't on one fringe or the other. It'll be interesting for sure.

Has anyone seen that Rabenold and Heffley seem to be stepping it up a bit? I saw commercials on tv already.
Anita Beer

Andover, NJ

#4763 Oct 22, 2012
Here is a link on youtube for a documentary called "Billionaires TEA Party". It depicts how the Koch Brothers funnel money into the TEA party and makes its way to the local level.

All you TEA partiers are stooges for the 1%. Their goal "to drive you wages down".

PUTTY CAT

Lehighton, PA

#4764 Oct 22, 2012
Ah there's the Tweet Tweet again and as usual with the wrong information. Barletta is doing very well and comfortable. As to Heffley and Rabenold. Stepping up? Even Rabenold's strongest supporters are admitting there is little funds available and that he has a very uphill road to travel. He should have been out of the gate earlier and a more constant campaigning. Not very well organized or planned out. He wasn't being taken about by key people in certain areas. When campaigning in the Penn Forest area, have someone from that area take him about. Just an example. Locals want to see who from their area is supporting these guys.
Anita Beer

Andover, NJ

#4765 Oct 22, 2012
PUTTY CAT wrote:
Ah there's the Tweet Tweet again and as usual with the wrong information. Barletta is doing very well and comfortable. As to Heffley and Rabenold. Stepping up? Even Rabenold's strongest supporters are admitting there is little funds available and that he has a very uphill road to travel. He should have been out of the gate earlier and a more constant campaigning. Not very well organized or planned out. He wasn't being taken about by key people in certain areas. When campaigning in the Penn Forest area, have someone from that area take him about. Just an example. Locals want to see who from their area is supporting these guys.
Putty... Find me a poll on Barletta Stipl. I can't find one either way. One has to ask Why????
RealClear

Fogelsville, PA

#4766 Oct 23, 2012
Anita Beer wrote:
<quoted text>
Putty... Find me a poll on Barletta Stipl. I can't find one either way. One has to ask Why????
If you look here you can see that the PA17 is not even close, it is not listed because Barletta is way out in front only the races that have some life in them. His is goning to be a sleeper. More of Tweets BS some people shouldn't have Internet access. You know how Tweet is wrong? Tweet is posting.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/...
Uh Huh

Sparta, NJ

#4767 Oct 23, 2012
I saw the Rabenold seemingly homemade video on Ch 13 last night. It was very unimpressive. He hit only the dem talking points, such as tax breaks for the wealthy and that thing they call woman's health care (killing the unborn). Then he described himself as always a leader - neglected to state to the PSEA trough for pay raises and his position at the head of the 4th grade line going to the cafeteria. Sorry, this guy isn't fit to get my vote.
Anita Beer

Allentown, PA

#4768 Oct 23, 2012
Uh Huh wrote:
I saw the Rabenold seemingly homemade video on Ch 13 last night. It was very unimpressive. He hit only the dem talking points, such as tax breaks for the wealthy and that thing they call woman's health care (killing the unborn). Then he described himself as always a leader - neglected to state to the PSEA trough for pay raises and his position at the head of the 4th grade line going to the cafeteria. Sorry, this guy isn't fit to get my vote.
And Heffley does?!?!?! A former truck driver at his wife's company who allegedly got in a major accident which got him taken off the road. Heffley is a nice guy but that is as far as it goes. RR was on a bunch of boards, organized the book swap, fire fighter, teacher, and union president. At least he has been in a leadership position.

If RR went for Dem points, then I agree with you he should have hit his more moderate positions. I did not see the commercial.
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#4769 Oct 23, 2012
Never once have I heard an unkind word pertaining to Rabenold.I don't think anyone questions his attributes.This whole race is a sleeper.People fell short on whatever was promised to Rabenold.It's like his campaign never got off the ground.Have to admit,never heard about Heffley's accident.Didn't seem to get much press when it happened.However,don't think that much pertains to anything connected to the election.Neither side is coming up with anything news breaking.Any Republicans get any of Rabenold's flyers?Seems he is taking the campaign to strictly Dems.
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#4770 Oct 23, 2012
RealClear wrote:
<quoted text>
If you look here you can see that the PA17 is not even close, it is not listed because Barletta is way out in front only the races that have some life in them. His is goning to be a sleeper. More of Tweets BS some people shouldn't have Internet access. You know how Tweet is wrong? Tweet is posting.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/...
Right on the money!Love this post and couldn't agree more.I think the Tweetster deliberately comes on here with as much MISinformation possible.I mean how else can you explain the insanity of his/her posts?
Gave up myid

Lehighton, PA

#4771 Oct 23, 2012
One noticeable point, Heffley went negative, Rabenold did not. Don't know what was promised to Rabenold by anybody, didn't hear that any promises were made? Doyle's negative ads made my mind up about the guy, there was no reason for that, I was really put off by them.
fact check

Kunkletown, PA

#4772 Oct 23, 2012
Sorry to break it to you gave but the flyers I have been seeing are from rabenold and they are definitely negative.
wrong

Lehighton, PA

#4773 Oct 23, 2012
Rabenold's flyers are true though. Heck, he's sighting House Bill numbers. It can't really be negative if it's the truth.

You can't have your own facts boys and girls.
Uh Huh

Sparta, NJ

#4774 Oct 24, 2012
... uh, make that "citing" ... Isn't public education great?

Vote for Rabenold; he organized a book swap! LOL
to wrong

Northampton, PA

#4775 Oct 24, 2012
You can't have it both ways. Every flyer I received from Heffley also has the source referenced. Lets face it. Rabenold spent too much time playing in the fields rather than campaigning. Too little too late.
Anita Beer

Allentown, PA

#4776 Oct 24, 2012
Vote for Heffley, he was a trucker who failed 4th grade! LMFAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nesquehoning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
R Mickey Angst Report (Mar '14) 1 hr parent of cadet 1,283
who will win the primary 9 hr And the winners are 1
News Tamaqua council members 'Walk a... 13 hr ImTired_OfScion 4
Poll Should Weatherly Area SD be absorbed into a nei... (Jan '13) 13 hr Polaris fan boy 26
View this content on our mobile site for the be... 13 hr Kovatch 3
Shawn Phillips (Nov '12) Fri ImTiredOf_Heteros... 99
Cleaning this town right up! Fri ImTiredOf_Heteros... 8
More from around the web

Nesquehoning People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]