what is happening with carbon county ...

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#4596 Sep 9, 2012
I agree this site has gone to the dogs with all the lover and the like crap, It was great during the last year's election. I'm with those who want to see it get back on track. I do not see how you can avoid Packerton Yards though. I think the GOP comish would be smarter to just dump it once and for all. No appeal and blame Mahoning. Some time ago I noticed the hits on Heff for bad service. i tried them. Got good results. Maybe the staff reads this stuff and is learning. as for the fund raisers, too many of em. The 2R slogan, with some dems it is 3r. Rommey, Ryan and Raben.
Anita Beer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#4597 Sep 9, 2012
Speaking of rumors... is the Republican office in Lehighton funded by Koch Brothers money? I heard the Libertarian Koch brothers funnel money all the way down to the local level. I think it could be through some kind of super PAC.
GOTTA BEER

Lehighton, PA

#4598 Sep 9, 2012
Anita Beer wrote:
Speaking of rumors... is the Republican office in Lehighton funded by Koch Brothers money? I heard the Libertarian Koch brothers funnel money all the way down to the local level. I think it could be through some kind of super PAC.
Now that's a new one. Never heard that one before. Called some friends and they said the lady chair is always looking for dough to pay the rent, etc. Treasurer's report, they say, does not show it. Can't be funneling cash to Doyle through the party as he is always looking to raise money. They are going to investigate and report back. Interesting.
Observer

Jim Thorpe, PA

#4599 Sep 10, 2012
The Koch brothers' organization is called "Americans for Prosperity."
It has a website with a page for PA:

www.americansforprosperity.org/pennsylvania

Here's the info for an event in Lehighton:

Americans for Prosperity Pennsylvania is hosting a phone banking party at our state of the art Freedom Phone Headquarters in Lehighton with the Lehighton 9-12 Project! Join us for phone banking and FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!

Free food and drinks will be available to all of our Freedom Phone volunteers!

DATE: Thursday, August 30th 5-11pm

PLACE: Country Inn and Suites, 1619 Interchange Road, Lehighton 18325

Come out and join AFP to Defending Liberty! If you have any questions please email us at [email protected]

Very interesting.
Anita Beer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#4600 Sep 10, 2012
There is a documentary floating around out there about how the Koch Brothers' funnel their money to the local level. The documentary uses a school board race down in the Carolina's somewhere as an example of how it is done.

Here is another question: outside of Reinhart, The Cable Guy, who is the richest Republican out there to help fund the office?

No one asks who is the richest Democratic because there are none!!! All Dems are poor!

Fun fact: one of those Koch brothers bought a bottle of wine which was rumored to be Thomas Jefferson's. No one has ever confirmed its authenticity but most people think it is a fake! Check wikipedia
Observer

Jim Thorpe, PA

#4601 Sep 10, 2012
Here's a story about the school board allegation from a source that puts its name on it, unlike Wikipedia articles:

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2011/08/koch-...

Observer

Jim Thorpe, PA

#4602 Sep 10, 2012
Another cut/pasted quote:

Lehighton Bike Night is the largest event in Lehighton and AFP will be there with the Lehighton 9-12 project. We will be handing out bandanas to our freedom loving attendants! Make sure you stop by our booth to sign our Coal Petition and Hands Off My Healthcare Petition.

Where Park One Constitution Ave, Lehighton, PA 18235, PA, 18235, United States

When August 11, 2012 12:00 pm

Convinced yet that the Koch brothers are spending money in Carbon County? Don't be surprised when the pre-election Penn's Peak event has Americans for Properity sponsorship right along with the Lehighton 9-12 Project.

What a farce.

nuid

Lehighton, PA

#4603 Sep 10, 2012
But you have yet to tie it in with the local Republican headquarters.They and the 9/12'ers are not one and the same.NOBODY connected to the 9/12 is on the EBoard,etc.From what you have shown on here,they Koch Bros. are connected with the Libertarians and possibly the 8/12er's.I had had feelers out all over the place and nobody knows of the Koch Bros.
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#4604 Sep 10, 2012
Can't type worth a lick tonight.9/12 er's I meant to say.God I hope Law doesn't see this.And should have typed have had feelers.Yikes.
Observer

Jim Thorpe, PA

#4605 Sep 10, 2012
"Sandy Delicker" is credited with this piece on the AFP website:

http://americansforprosperity.org/pennsylvani...

Recognize any others in the photo?
Observer

Jim Thorpe, PA

#4606 Sep 10, 2012
Look up the stories and editorials in the Times News. Americans for Prosperity sent a speaker from Philadelphia to address the Lehighton 9-12 Project and now they are all cozy.

The Koch brothers are backing Republican Mitt Romney for president and the Lehighton 9-12 Project is too. Maybe he wasn't their first choice but they don't want Obama re-elected.

The county's Republican Executive Committee may not be receiving cash or calling the shots but it remains the beneficiary. I'm not aware that they are trying to reject this support.
Anita Beer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#4607 Sep 11, 2012
Interesting facts about Koch Brothers and AFP...

Next rumor I head was the complaints with the Dems about the lack of youth in the party. Rumors state that when the PV gang is done with this term many of them are going to "take their ball and go home!"

So the question I poise to you all is who has the better youth movement in their party?

My spin is that the Dems have younger people actually doing this or having some responsibility. As for the Repubs, they have more younger people show up to things, as far as number go, but have no responsibility in the party.
disappointed

Lehighton, PA

#4608 Sep 11, 2012
Was disappointed that our Chairman of the Commissioners felt another appointment was more important than attending the county's services today in the park. The Vice Chairman of the Commissioners gave a very moving and powerful speech that brought about quite a few comments from those in attendance. Director of Veterans Affairs did a nice thing by acknowledging the presence of the three county judges. The Minority Commissioner copied the Director of Veterans by also acknowledging the judges. This brought about a few bumping of elbows and mild snickers. But in the end it was really a great program and nice to see the tradition going and nobody forgetting what today was all about.
GOTTA BEER

Lehighton, PA

#4609 Sep 11, 2012
Anita Beer wrote:
Interesting facts about Koch Brothers and AFP...
Next rumor I head was the complaints with the Dems about the lack of youth in the party. Rumors state that when the PV gang is done with this term many of them are going to "take their ball and go home!"
So the question I poise to you all is who has the better youth movement in their party?
My spin is that the Dems have younger people actually doing this or having some responsibility. As for the Repubs, they have more younger people show up to things, as far as number go, but have no responsibility in the party.
Neither party knows what to do about younger people. Been that way for a long time. They want them involved but want them to conform to the old way of doing things. Both parties are afraid of change. And the younger ones want to change things. We keep hearing rumors of mass retirements but nothing concrete.
PollingData

Allentown, PA

#4610 Sep 12, 2012
Looks like the 122nd is going to be a sleeper with Heffley taking it with ease. This race is not even in the Top 10. Originally this race was in the Top 10, it appears the Heffley has widen his lead in the polls. I guess the State Dems won't be delivery much more money here and the help that was here will be leaving soon.

http://www.politicspa.com/top-ten-pa-house-ra...
Gave up myid

Lehighton, PA

#4611 Sep 12, 2012
Ummmm, I just read that website, and it doesn't say anything about the Heffley/Rabenald race. Seeing as the post is coming from Allentown, I suspect that this is a plant. Dirty tricks from either side are not well-received in this county.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#4612 Sep 12, 2012
Gave up myid wrote:
Ummmm, I just read that website, and it doesn't say anything about the Heffley/Rabenald race. Seeing as the post is coming from Allentown, I suspect that this is a plant. Dirty tricks from either side are not well-received in this county.
Dirty tricks is all that has been played in this county and we know which side has the most wins overall.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#4613 Sep 12, 2012
PollingData wrote:
Looks like the 122nd is going to be a sleeper with Heffley taking it with ease. This race is not even in the Top 10. Originally this race was in the Top 10, it appears the Heffley has widen his lead in the polls. I guess the State Dems won't be delivery much more money here and the help that was here will be leaving soon.
Do you know any of the actual polling numbers?
Anita Beer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#4614 Sep 12, 2012
PollingData wrote:
Listen up fellas..... there were 3 polls done in the county since the primary. 2 were DH/Repub and one was RR. I was called and participated in 2 of them.

First was DH and it was early in the summer like early June. I did not get called and I did not participate.

Second, was a Repub or DH. I don't know. It pertained to the Cracker plant in Western PA. It was automated and only 3 questions. The last one was "Who would you vote for RR or DH?" I think this guided DH's vote against the budget when they voted on it. Although, I don't know if the cracker plant's tax breaks were in this budget. Someone please verify. DH could have voted no because it "really hurt Carbon County".(more like he was give a pass from the Rep. HQ)

Thrid, is what I belive was RR's poll. They called me and man it was extensive. This poll was crazy long. They asked all kinds of questions.

So what I heard was that one candidate had a single digit lead. So single digit can be from 1-9 and then you have to include margin of error of 2-4%. I presume DH is in the lead because he is an incumbent. HE BETTER BE IN THE LEAD!!!!!!!!! After all, he IS the incumbent. But, depending how you slice and dice the numbers, the race could be neck and neck.
Observer

Jim Thorpe, PA

#4615 Sep 12, 2012
Here's a story about the Shell's planned cracking plant and the tax breaks it will receive under the recently passed state budget:

http://triblive.com/news/2132295-74/tax-credi...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nesquehoning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump wants to repeal 13th amendment. 15 hr deplorable4TRUMP 23
Panther Valley News (Jul '14) 19 hr Flip Side 1,856
Pay your frigging garbage bills you low life R... Jan 15 its gods country 3
Jesse Farber 2017 💊💉🍖&#... Jan 14 dog catcher 16
Review: Freddy's Pub LLC (May '10) Jan 10 Tamaqua Sucks 92
Review: Daisy May Valentine's slit Jan 10 puppy love crush 3
another missing tamaqua person Jan 6 as Tamaquas tooth... 38

Nesquehoning Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance