what is happening with carbon county ...
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#3924 Mar 4, 2012
Lawful always wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it!!!!! As a Dem I agree when will they realize that the old school has left for the day....
Law---not only has school closed for the day but it is closed period.One would think that with the losses of the lady,twice,for judge,Justin Yaich, Kanjo,their half support of Matika,and the majority commissioners that they would have somehow awakened to the alarm.Two years prior to Kanjorski losing to Barletta,Carbon County went for Barletta!I along with obviously others are amazed as to the business as usual approach by the powers that be.Excuse after excuse is given by GUMID and others.Fickle voters,state GOP sending in money,etc.All the while the real reason has been under their noses for several years now.Nobody has listened and obviously they aren't now.Should Rabenold not produce in Nov.I can't wait to hear the rationale of it all.Hey---you made no comment about going steady.LOL

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#3925 Mar 4, 2012
nuid wrote:
<quoted text>Law---not only has school closed for the day but it is closed period.One would think that with the losses of the lady,twice,for judge,Justin Yaich, Kanjo,their half support of Matika,and the majority commissioners that they would have somehow awakened to the alarm.Two years prior to Kanjorski losing to Barletta,Carbon County went for Barletta!I along with obviously others are amazed as to the business as usual approach by the powers that be.Excuse after excuse is given by GUMID and others.Fickle voters,state GOP sending in money,etc.All the while the real reason has been under their noses for several years now.Nobody has listened and obviously they aren't now.Should Rabenold not produce in Nov.I can't wait to hear the rationale of it all.Hey---you made no comment about going steady.LOL
Steady well you have more of the same theories than me and my wife. I really wonder what will open there eyes. Believe me when I say I have tried to do my part. It falls on deaf ears and Im told my opinions are more Rep than Dem. I say common sense is common sense so let them see the forrest through the trees. However the song remains the same......
Gave up myid

Lehighton, PA

#3926 Mar 5, 2012
So, let me understand this logic: You kvetch in here that Rabenold isn't getting out and meetin people, or working at it. Then you complain that he's campaigning and working the crowd. LOOL, you guys have gone over the edge with your hatred of the Dems. Poor Rabenald is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Since it is widely known that Heffley will be working the crowd on St. Pat's Day, it actually borders on the hypocritical, since it is ok for him to politic but not Rabenald, according to the logic of your double standard.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#3927 Mar 5, 2012
I never complained about him working the crowd.
lucky Charms

Lehighton, PA

#3928 Mar 5, 2012
Gave up myid wrote:
So, let me understand this logic: You kvetch in here that Rabenold isn't getting out and meetin people, or working at it. Then you complain that he's campaigning and working the crowd. LOOL, you guys have gone over the edge with your hatred of the Dems. Poor Rabenald is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Since it is widely known that Heffley will be working the crowd on St. Pat's Day, it actually borders on the hypocritical, since it is ok for him to politic but not Rabenald, according to the logic of your double standard.
Don't forget Stub! He be working the crowd too.
Chainsaw Jerry

Lehighton, PA

#3929 Mar 5, 2012
Well, lucky, will he be bringing his chainsaw? There's lots of trees on Broadway, he can get two things accomplished at the same time, gladhand the crowd and cut down all those pesky trees! He better not start any fires, though, with a crowd that size, he might get charged with risking a catastrophe!
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#3930 Mar 5, 2012
Lawful always wrote:
I never complained about him working the crowd.
ME EITHER! And neither of us said anything about hating the Dems.What just cause we think the Dem uppities way of doing and thinking is out of date,etc.I think GUMID has been visiting the hooch cabinet at Inquiring's again.
Gave up myid

Lehighton, PA

#3931 Mar 5, 2012
O no, nuid, sorry, pal, you have definitely gone over the top on the hate Dem department, you were the commentator I was referring to, sorry but it is what it is, and I have all your comments above to back it up. Get over it. Your last comments are more of the same old, same old, by the way, how come you never question your GOPS, and what is going on there? How come you didn't respond to my comments about the subsidization of certain GOPS by Blue Ridge Cable??? How come you never responded to my questions about the huge amount of money that the State GOPs spent on the Commish election. Its time you stop playing attack the DEMs you hate, and answer those questions about your party. Let's hear some explanations, and inquiries, about very, very questionable funding, before I hear more of the same old stuff about the Dems. Let's start a new thread in here, let's talk about the egregious funding improprieties of the GOP party, violating funding laws, that have been going on for about 6 years in this county, I got the info, let's start, and you defend your people.
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#3932 Mar 5, 2012
Gave up myid wrote:
O no, nuid, sorry, pal, you have definitely gone over the top on the hate Dem department, you were the commentator I was referring to, sorry but it is what it is, and I have all your comments above to back it up. Get over it. Your last comments are more of the same old, same old, by the way, how come you never question your GOPS, and what is going on there? How come you didn't respond to my comments about the subsidization of certain GOPS by Blue Ridge Cable??? How come you never responded to my questions about the huge amount of money that the State GOPs spent on the Commish election. Its time you stop playing attack the DEMs you hate, and answer those questions about your party. Let's hear some explanations, and inquiries, about very, very questionable funding, before I hear more of the same old stuff about the Dems. Let's start a new thread in here, let's talk about the egregious funding improprieties of the GOP party, violating funding laws, that have been going on for about 6 years in this county, I got the info, let's start, and you defend your people.
Yo hold on.I thought I did respond.It's probably that you either didn't like my response or didn't read it,correctly.First of all,I HIGHLY RESENT that you call me a Dem hater.If anyone on this thread,as you call it,has shown a hatred,it has been you.All you have ever done is pick,pick,pick,at the R's.You keep saying BRC has subsidized certain R's.If you're referring to the Constitutionalists---they will tell you outright they are registered R's but are not real R's.If you have so much pertenient info of the violations of the R's,bring it out!I have absolutely no problems with violations being exposed.Regardless of the political persuasion.Six years is a damn long time to be holding back information.Shame on you for keeping it,shooting off about it,but doing nothing.Unlike you,I don't turn a deaf ear or blind eye to the party in which I am registered.I have backed,supported,and voted for many a Dem.Will do so in the future.It just appears that in the past several elections you and I have supported different candidates.With probably the exception of one.Both state political organizations have dumped major money into local campaigns.The R's are not the only ones who have benefitted from this.Just appears that in the past several elections the Dems out in Harrisburg chose not to financially support candidates you supported.Now I know what you will say on my next statement,but,how about a candidate or two,that you have openly stated you supported,using the State Comm.or State House to do their mailing?While I'm sure your candidates reimbursed for the mailing,they were afforded the opportunity of doing their mailings at a reduced rate.You want to battle,be careful as to the ones you pick.BOTH sides have been guilty of using whatever resources were made available to them,at the time.It just appears that in your case,with the exception of the one candidate we both supported,all of your candidates lost.I am quite honestly suprised at your anger and bitterness,this evening.NO PROM FOR YOU THIS YEAR ----LOL.
Edith

Lehighton, PA

#3933 Mar 5, 2012
I think the county should give Jeremy an Orange Vest and a Hard Hat and place him under the Lite on Broadway while Justin holds the rope for Jerry to cut down those tree's while I feed them into the Super "Chip N Dale" chipper that the Bow-Tie Boy's purchashed..Just Sayin..

"Push Puppy at the Polls"
Chainsaw Jerry wrote:
Well, lucky, will he be bringing his chainsaw? There's lots of trees on Broadway, he can get two things accomplished at the same time, gladhand the crowd and cut down all those pesky trees! He better not start any fires, though, with a crowd that size, he might get charged with risking a catastrophe!
YoU rOcK

Lehighton, PA

#3934 Mar 5, 2012
You tell him man. That Gave Up his id should just give up period. Hes been nothing but a pompous and pious know it all. Thinks he knows everything. Hah ! He knows so much how come all of his candidates aint in the winners circle. What a joke.
Gave up myid

Lehighton, PA

#3935 Mar 6, 2012
There's a big difference,nuid, with endorsed candidates legally mailing through their state parties bulk rate - all the candidates reported the postage - and getting unreported subsidized advertising. Legal versus illegal. Its out there for anybody to see on the web, just go to the state campaign finance website. I stand by what I said, all that you read in hear is bashing of the Democratic eBoard and party. Nobody ever acknowledges how dirty the GOP election practices have gotten.
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#3936 Mar 6, 2012
I'm not going to continue a peeing contest.Did I agree with everything State Committee did?ABSOLUTEY NOT!I found the commercial filmed and paid for by the local county R committee to be tasteless.Did I approve of all of the mailers?ABSOLUTELY NOT.Each side of the aisle knows(well at least up until the latest mess in Harrisburg with BOTH sides going to jail for campaign violations)where the fine line is located.I think you are taking the so called bashing too personally.It is not against the people.It is against the elite and antiquated thinking that has NOT worked.Do I think the local Dem Eboard is "out of touch"?ABSOLUTELY.You can conjure up all the excuses you want as to why the ever growing list of Dem candidates have lost.But the fact remains the voters feel out of touch with the county Dems.The thinking came down to "we own the county.We have the voter registration and we will continue to win and own the county".This is an actual quote by one of your EBoard members.When you have that strong voter registration edge and lose a Congressman,Judgeship,State Rep.,and the majority Commissioners----you have to look deep and beyond.Money buying elections?Look at the expenses from the past.You want to call the Reps practices dirty?No dirtier than some of the D's past practices.Maybe the R's are just getting up to a level playing field!
spudster

Wellsboro, PA

#3937 Mar 6, 2012
I miss the good old days when a County Commissioner would come to your home and rape you in person.
Yellow Pages

Lehighton, PA

#3938 Mar 7, 2012
spudster wrote:
I miss the good old days when a County Commissioner would come to your home and rape you in person.
Call the courthouse and ask for commissioner Billy O. He will be only to glad to come to your house and fix you up. He is really good at screwing people.
Carl The Fisherman

Lehighton, PA

#3939 Mar 9, 2012
Yellow Pages wrote:
<quoted text>Call the courthouse and ask for commissioner Billy O. He will be only to glad to come to your house and fix you up. He is really good at screwing people.
and with a smile!!!Say he has not had the schlitz of the mouth lately!! Oh! BOY!!
You forgot

Lehighton, PA

#3940 Mar 9, 2012
Jerry, u forgot to make an appearance at the sash dinner, guess u were too busy posting in here or running around with snakefranko.
Dr Feel Good

Lehighton, PA

#3942 Mar 10, 2012
Yellow Pages wrote:
<quoted text>Call the courthouse and ask for commissioner Billy O. He will be only to glad to come to your house and fix you up. He is really good at screwing people.
Poor Billy!!! Everyones picking on poor Billy Das schmicker a
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#3943 Mar 10, 2012
In honor of the St.Patrick's Day Parade,tomorrow----I would like to wish our Irish readers and posters a very HAPPY ST.PATRICK'S DAY PARADE DAY!Have a great day and a safe one.And remember,"it's the first drop that destroys you-there's no harm at all in the last". LOL !Enjoy the food and libations.And the parade too!
Wild Willey

Lehighton, PA

#3944 Mar 10, 2012
I hope Stoney got me a car to ride in for the parade.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nesquehoning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Panther Valley News (Jul '14) 1 hr john williams 1,535
News Carbon County Personnel 9 hr lazy bass turd 1
News Weatherly library Chinese auction 10 hr gaped raw 1
Help Me Out Here 11 hr pope startzel 8
Biggest load I ever busted from my nuts... 14 hr ImGapedOf_It 8
News Thorpe man arrested in Thursday drug... (Apr '15) Sat AWOL 6
NOTICE: Imposter abound Tamaqua Forum! Sat ImTurdOf_It 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nesquehoning Mortgages