what is happening with carbon county ...
curious

Northampton, PA

#3801 Feb 15, 2012
Interesting - I have not seen or heard that Strub has been out campaigning. It will be interesting to see how the eboard deals with this especially since Rabenold has been vocal on his endorsement from some already.
Dem 101

Lehighton, PA

#3802 Feb 15, 2012
The will never support that nutcase, they'll ignore him.
Tax Payer

Sparta, NJ

#3803 Feb 15, 2012
Prediction: There will be more than one Dem running in the primary. The loser - he who comes in last - will then be appointed to be the front runner by some subservient, debt-owing judge.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#3804 Feb 15, 2012
Tax Payer wrote:
Prediction: There will be more than one Dem running in the primary. The loser - he who comes in last - will then be appointed to be the front runner by some subservient, debt-owing judge.
The sad part is your probably right. That is if the one who comes in last doesnt have the blessing of the e-board. I wonder how much it will hurt Rabenold that some members are already pushing for him. The iron is still hot from the commish. appointment, and now their going to try to shove another candidate down our throats. Strub. may just have a shot if the e-board keeps pushing for Rabenold.
Gave up myid

Lehighton, PA

#3805 Feb 15, 2012
I cannot believe even you card carrying certified Dem eBoard haters would give any credence to Strubinger's campaign or criticize that Board if it rejects his campaign. That man has caused serious harm to people. He's despoiled property, he caused an environmental catastophe on the east side of Jim Thorpe, he set a mountain on fire, he is a convicted criminal, he has a huge fine hanging over his head for violating environmental laws, etc. That's just wrong.
curious

Northampton, PA

#3806 Feb 15, 2012
Lawful always wrote:
<quoted text>
The sad part is your probably right. That is if the one who comes in last doesnt have the blessing of the e-board. I wonder how much it will hurt Rabenold that some members are already pushing for him. The iron is still hot from the commish. appointment, and now their going to try to shove another candidate down our throats. Strub. may just have a shot if the e-board keeps pushing for Rabenold.
Your point might be right on. It will be interesting. School Teacher vs School Board Member. This debate might be a good one.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#3807 Feb 15, 2012
Gave up myid wrote:
I cannot believe even you card carrying certified Dem eBoard haters would give any credence to Strubinger's campaign or criticize that Board if it rejects his campaign. That man has caused serious harm to people. He's despoiled property, he caused an environmental catastophe on the east side of Jim Thorpe, he set a mountain on fire, he is a convicted criminal, he has a huge fine hanging over his head for violating environmental laws, etc. That's just wrong.
I do not know the man!!!!! I'm just saying an e-board referal may work in strub's. favor. Not everyone knows his past, so it will be interesting to see how it plays out.
curious

Northampton, PA

#3808 Feb 15, 2012
I have to agree, don't know the man. However, it will be interesting to hear what they have to say.
Observer

Lehighton, PA

#3809 Feb 15, 2012
PA House candidates Rabenold & Strubinger will be speaking at the East Carbon Democratic Club meeting 2/21 at 7 pm at the Penn-Kidder School. Bill Vinsko who is running for the U.S. House in the 29th District (which includes that part of Carbon County) also will be a speaker. The public is invited.
Gave up myid

Lehighton, PA

#3810 Feb 15, 2012
Here, start with this little chestnut, when he got fired from the Post Office after allegations of theft were made (I copied this off the internet, just Google Gerald Strubinger and it will come up if anybody wants to verify this):

899 F.2d 1228: Gerald Strubinger, Petitioner, v. United States Postal Service, Respondent
Share | United States Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit.- 899 F.2d 1228
March 22, 1990
Before MARKEY, Chief Judge, PAULINE NEWMAN, Circuit Judge, and JOHN C. LIFLAND, District Judge.*

PER CURIAM.

DECISION

Petitioner Gerald Strubinger seeks review of a decision of the Merit Systems Protection Board ("MSPB"), MSPB Docket No. PH07528910109, that denied review of the initial decision of the MSPB dismissing plaintiff's appeal as moot. We affirm.
OPINION

The MSPB did not abuse its discretion in determining that:(1) Mr. Strubinger had not presented any new and material information that was unavailable at the time settlement was entered and the record closed, and (2) Administrative Law Judge Fishman had not based his decision on an erroneous interpretation of statute or regulation. The underlying dispute was resolved by the settlement agreement, and was no longer within the jurisdiction of the MSPB. Only information that went to the validity of the settlement was material. A settlement may be vacated only if the petitioner demonstrates that the settlement agreement "was tainted with invalidity, either by fraud practiced upon him or by a mutual mistake under which both parties acted." Asberry v. United States Postal Service, 692 F.2d 1378, 1380 (Fed.Cir.1982), quoting Callen v. United States R.R. Co., 332 U.S. 625, 630 (1948).
Accordingly, Mr. Strubinger's claim that the charges against him were unsubstantiated was not material. Mr. Strubinger's claim that the settlement was coerced by the presiding official is baseless. Assuming the truth of Mr. Strubinger's unsworn statements, they do not establish coercion.
Mr. Strubinger asked this court to extend Schultz v. United States Navy, 810 F.2d 1133 (Fed.Cir.1987), to attempts to vacate settlements, and to require the MSPB to conduct a hearing into the voluntariness of his settlement. This we decline to do. The standard for vacating settlements is set forth in Asberry, and the petitioner has failed to meet that standard.
Respondent's request for sanctions, pursuant to Rule 38, Fed.R.App.P., is denied.
Gave up myid

Lehighton, PA

#3811 Feb 15, 2012
Here's another link regarding his environmental misdeeds: http://www.epa.gov/oalj/orders/strub.pdf
Gave up myid

Lehighton, PA

#3812 Feb 15, 2012
Gave up myid

Lehighton, PA

#3813 Feb 15, 2012
There's lots more....http://articles.mcall. com/2008-04-01/news/4035037_1_ state-high-court-dep-court-cos ts
Gave up myid

Lehighton, PA

#3814 Feb 15, 2012
More to come:http://articles.mcall.com /2000-08-11/news/3320805_1_bor ough-council-jim-thorpe-counci l-members
curious

Northampton, PA

#3815 Feb 15, 2012
Wow - Seems you really don't like this Strubinger guy. You referenced a few different sites. Seems most of this stuff was some time ago. Voters must not mind since he keeps getting reelected to the school board in JT.
Dem 101

Lehighton, PA

#3816 Feb 15, 2012
There's loads more out there on Strubinger, and it is all serious. I'm sure somebody will get around to posting some of the more recent stuff, like the criminal case. Strub only got reelected because he ran for the 2 year term this last time, and nobody else filed for it. He saw the writing on the wall, knew he was going to go down on the 4 year post, folks around here want him gone, all his family connects won't get him reelected in JT. But, old stuff? You think a leopard changes its spots, you should be concerned. The guy is a wack job.
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#3817 Feb 15, 2012
Oh brother.Struby has one hell of a resume now doesn't he?I pity the family.I don't think they know what to do with the guy.Yeah,I know.They sign his petitions and probably vote for him.What the hell can they do?He's known to go into rages when he doesn't get co-operation.Now,before anyone screams,hear me out.I think my buddy Law has a valid point.Not defending Struby.I am defending anybody who would be running in the Primary.I don't think any E Board should endorse in a Primary.Don't care who the candidates are.It can come back and bite you right in the arst.GUMID has always claimed the voters are fickle.According to GUMID you just never know how the voters will go.I don't think Struby is a serious threat.But if GUMID's thoughts are true,well,you just never know.
Gave up myid

Lehighton, PA

#3818 Feb 15, 2012
Exactly. Look at the last commish primary race, Strub pulled a not insignificant vote. Now, part of that was because there was hanky panky going on in Palmerton, among other places, I'll save that for another day. Also, Strub has become a darling of the tea partiers. Karl Fauzio, a closet right winger, is a typical Dem who is actually supporting nutcase Strub. He won't win and he doesn't expect to win, Strub is running to help Heffley. He and his entire (I emphasize entire) family are dumb like foxes. I think I'll go get some more links, at least people in here, then, won't be able to claim ignorance as to how bad this guy is. I'll be back!
Gave up myid

Lehighton, PA

#3819 Feb 15, 2012
It's so easy to find this stuff, there is so much on the net about this guy, here you go (criminal charges):

http://articles.mcall.com/2006-10-17/news/370...
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#3821 Feb 15, 2012
Gave up myid wrote:
It's so easy to find this stuff, there is so much on the net about this guy, here you go (criminal charges):
http://articles.mcall.com/2006-10-17/news/370...
Ah,I remember it well.As with the others you have provided us with entertainment on his long list of adventures.It is amazing.I think I am more amazed how he has stayed out of the slammer.While admitting limited knowledge of the law,I am going out on a limb that none of his adventures warranted a stay in the county's hotel.Not being a member of or claiming knowledge of the tea party gang,I am suprised that even they would welcome this nut case.Going to be interesting to see how it all lines up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nesquehoning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Panther Valley News (Jul '14) 3 hr PV Taxpayer 73
News Nesquehoning residents ask for - ... 23 hr nesq resident 1
Women Don't get jail time for not paying child ... (Feb '09) Thu nesq resident 50
Marian football players arrested Aug 24 subscription pending 13
joe murphy (Aug '14) Aug 24 Crow 47
cockroaches at panther valley middle school Aug 18 Raider fan 11
Out door fire pits (May '09) Aug 17 david duke 49
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nesquehoning Mortgages