Panther Valley School District is rea...

Panther Valley School District is ready for a State takeover...........

Posted in the Nesquehoning Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
CC Employee

Jim Thorpe, PA

#1 Mar 15, 2012
I want it to happen........It is run by people who should not be there because they are uneducated.
Danny boy

Wyoming, PA

#2 Mar 15, 2012
CC Employee wrote:
I want it to happen........It is run by people who should not be there because they are uneducated.
If anybody is uneducated its you
Even my daddy Mickey thinks you're an idiot
Pip

Lehighton, PA

#3 Mar 16, 2012
yes let the state takeover ..........it sure can do a better job and it can't do any worse than these idiots that are in now are doing
Naples

Lehighton, PA

#4 Mar 27, 2012
Pip wrote:
yes let the state takeover ..........it sure can do a better job and it can't do any worse than these idiots that are in now are doing
Maybe the investigators should leave Luzerne county and come to Panther Valley and see what they could come up with....
Same Ol Same Ol

Lehighton, PA

#5 Mar 27, 2012
Naples wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe the investigators should leave Luzerne county and come to Panther Valley and see what they could come up with....
NOT ONLY PANTHER VALLEY, CARBON COUNTY, AS IN OUR COURT SYSTEM AND POLITICS ! THEY'D FIND ALOT.....
PV Taxpayer

Stroudsburg, PA

#6 Mar 27, 2012
What reason would the state have to take over the school?

Oh, I get it another yr with no tax increase to the taxpayers, that make 3! seems to me that this board is doing a GREAT job

But if YOU can do better get involved, get your name on the ballot

Hey CC Employee , this ones for u " everybody has an opinion and a a--hole usually both stink"
Pennsylvanialady

Stoneboro, PA

#7 Jul 28, 2012
Parent Trigger Law: Pennsylvania does not have it yet- I suggest all of you contact your Local Congressmen and push for it. http://federationforchildren.com/articles/583

It is time to replace the whole system. The school is a mess. The state needs to pass this little known law.

A Town in California used the Parent Trigger Law to fire the whole school board, the teachers and all staff and start over. This is where the Parents not Unions, Not School Boards decide how the school should be run. They can hire a Private Management company to run the school, hire a Charter School to run or even a Catholic school to take it over.

This is the only hope we have.

PV's taxes are in the League of New Jersey. In 1995 I paid $1500 now in 2011 I pay $4300 to PV school.

I do not have kids in school!

PV taxpayer if you think taxes are doing great you have no idea what your talking about! Maybe you live in one of those Coal Row home beauties that are not worth the spit on its floor so you do not pay much of anything in taxes.

But as a retired person I damn well am tired on the Taj Mahal live style that the present school district seems entitled to.
PV Taxpayer

Wyoming, PA

#8 Jul 28, 2012
Pennsylvanialady wrote:
Parent Trigger Law: Pennsylvania does not have it yet- I suggest all of you contact your Local Congressmen and push for it. http://federationforchildren.com/articles/583
It is time to replace the whole system. The school is a mess. The state needs to pass this little known law.
A Town in California used the Parent Trigger Law to fire the whole school board, the teachers and all staff and start over. This is where the Parents not Unions, Not School Boards decide how the school should be run. They can hire a Private Management company to run the school, hire a Charter School to run or even a Catholic school to take it over.
This is the only hope we have.
PV's taxes are in the League of New Jersey. In 1995 I paid $1500 now in 2011 I pay $4300 to PV school.
I do not have kids in school!
PV taxpayer if you think taxes are doing great you have no idea what your talking about! Maybe you live in one of those Coal Row home beauties that are not worth the spit on its floor so you do not pay much of anything in taxes.
But as a retired person I damn well am tired on the Taj Mahal live style that the present school district seems entitled to.
Well I can tell you haven't been to any of the districts building to make your Taj Mahal statement. If the district was running the Taj Mahal, they wouldn't have a bunch of modular classrooms at the elementary school, they would have built a much needed building. If your taxes tripled since 1995, its not because the school board tripled the taxes, you either bought a new house of got caught under paying your taxes when the county did the reassessment and now you're paying your fair share. Maybe you should sell your Tao Mala and you'd have a lower tax bill. At $4300 in school taxes you're living in a high priced property. You could also find out why the Coaldale hospital doesn't pay and school taxes and why Kovatch Corp. got the county court to reduce their by so much? Stop your whining and get active, attend some meetings and give some positive input, you said you're retired, so you can't say you don't have the time. Maybe you should attend a meeting or two and see Dumbo Ears in action and wonder how he stays on the board. Maybe you should run and unseat him. You can't just look at the milage to compare taxes, Tamaqua claims to have such low taxes at 30 mils, but each of their mils bring in $300K almost 3 times what a mil in Panther Valley brings in, so in Tamaqua had PV's property values their milage would be almost 90 mils, close to twice PV's rate. So tell how Tamaqua is doing such a great job and PV isn't. If you want to avoid paying taxes why don't you move in to one of the apartments that the Catholic church built across the street from the old middle school, they don't pay any school taxes on those either.
Saint Joe

Meadville, PA

#9 Jul 30, 2012
Let the coaches run the school,that will straighten the kids out.
Ajudger too

Wyoming, PA

#10 Jul 31, 2012
Saint Joe wrote:
Let the coaches run the school,that will straighten the kids out.
Just fire everybody and let Dumbo Ears run it. You will not have to pay any taxes since he votes no to paying the bills, of course he even votes no to his name during role call
john boy

Meadville, PA

#11 Jul 31, 2012
people of lansford....it is not the school board...it's the parents...not all of them, but enough to bring down the system. it's been far too many years we let the government remove all responsibility and morals fro our lives...just look at the attidudes of most of the people today.....in the name of constitutional rights, we have pushed evil over good...so sad,but we left it happen...not knowingly i'm sure, but we did....now there is so much evil and rotten politians i believe there is nothing we can do..at least by ourselves...please start by making our leaders responsible for their actions....you steal or sell your services while in office, then you pay and pay a high price....as for the school board....they make nothing for their time on the board...how about this...the government mandates a policy and the school district must adhere to it or lose funding....where does this funding come from? guess! how about teachers wadge and benifits? their wages are fair and for the most part the benifits while they are working are fair also. but we go way beyond thad and give them benifits from the time they retire until they turn 65. not a bad deal since they can retire as early as 50. that is 15 years of first class benifits we tax payers pay for. now add up all the retires' and the first thing you know we are in the health care business. think about it. the single largest part of your tax dollor goes to wages, the second single largest cut goes to health benifits. how can we taxpayers continue this way. and for those of you who have a pention plan like Bethlehem steel, horsehead industries or any number of places...i myself had an anuity and pention plan with over 37 years of contributing to it. then lost almost two thirds of it when the banks failed. so did the teachers, the difference is they got every dime back. from whom you ask..why the taxpayers ofcourse that is the third largest chunk of your school tax dollar...what the hell is left????? that is what must be corrected...there are good teachers entering into the job market every year....if the older ones don't want to help solve the problem that is make the sacrifices that each of us do...then let them go...for every one that goes there is three standing behind them waiting for an opening...trust me this is the first step in controling school taxes. think about it!!!!!
john boy

Meadville, PA

#12 Jul 31, 2012
i'm not from meadeville, i am a taxpaying resident of lansford and panther valley school district!!!!
Saint Joe Paterno

Meadville, PA

#13 Jul 31, 2012
john boy wrote:
people of lansford....it is not the school board...it's the parents...not all of them, but enough to bring down the system. it's been far too many years we let the government remove all responsibility and morals fro our lives...just look at the attidudes of most of the people today.....in the name of constitutional rights, we have pushed evil over good...so sad,but we left it happen...not knowingly i'm sure, but we did....now there is so much evil and rotten politians i believe there is nothing we can do..at least by ourselves...please start by making our leaders responsible for their actions....you steal or sell your services while in office, then you pay and pay a high price....as for the school board....they make nothing for their time on the board...how about this...the government mandates a policy and the school district must adhere to it or lose funding....where does this funding come from? guess! how about teachers wadge and benifits? their wages are fair and for the most part the benifits while they are working are fair also. but we go way beyond thad and give them benifits from the time they retire until they turn 65. not a bad deal since they can retire as early as 50. that is 15 years of first class benifits we tax payers pay for. now add up all the retires' and the first thing you know we are in the health care business. think about it. the single largest part of your tax dollor goes to wages, the second single largest cut goes to health benifits. how can we taxpayers continue this way. and for those of you who have a pention plan like Bethlehem steel, horsehead industries or any number of places...i myself had an anuity and pention plan with over 37 years of contributing to it. then lost almost two thirds of it when the banks failed. so did the teachers, the difference is they got every dime back. from whom you ask..why the taxpayers ofcourse that is the third largest chunk of your school tax dollar...what the hell is left????? that is what must be corrected...there are good teachers entering into the job market every year....if the older ones don't want to help solve the problem that is make the sacrifices that each of us do...then let them go...for every one that goes there is three standing behind them waiting for an opening...trust me this is the first step in controling school taxes. think about it!!!!!
I know teachers who took a buyout at age 55 from their PA.school of 300K then received a pension of 60K/yr for life.But don't blame them.you'd take it too if the PA. State legislature gave it to you on a silver platter.I think they felt guilty after they gave themselves an even bigger salary and pension.
Yet the idiots in PA. keep voting them in over and over and over
Why No Answer

Wyoming, PA

#14 Aug 1, 2012
Saint Joe Paterno wrote:
<quoted text>
I know teachers who took a buyout at age 55 from their PA.school of 300K then received a pension of 60K/yr for life.But don't blame them.you'd take it too if the PA. State legislature gave it to you on a silver platter.I think they felt guilty after they gave themselves an even bigger salary and pension.
Yet the idiots in PA. keep voting them in over and over and over
Not around here
john boy

Mahanoy City, PA

#15 Aug 1, 2012
st. joe,

sorry if you misunderstood me....what i ment was the salary and benifits (especialy the benfits) are the largest part of the problem....yes, i would take it if offered...do you not agree it is time to trim these benifits?....look at it as privite business....when it comes down to making some hard choices or going out of business...where do they cut?....what i'm saying is although teachers do a great job....what makes them more special than you or me or anyone else....everyone who performs any type of work deserves to be treated fairly...all people who works for a living contributes to the american way.....let all working americans contribute to bringing back the true american way of life.
Saint Joe Paterno

Meadville, PA

#16 Aug 1, 2012
john boy wrote:
st. joe,
sorry if you misunderstood me....what i ment was the salary and benifits (especialy the benfits) are the largest part of the problem....yes, i would take it if offered...do you not agree it is time to trim these benifits?....look at it as privite business....when it comes down to making some hard choices or going out of business...where do they cut?....what i'm saying is although teachers do a great job....what makes them more special than you or me or anyone else....everyone who performs any type of work deserves to be treated fairly...all people who works for a living contributes to the american way.....let all working americans contribute to bringing back the true american way of life.
Of course the pension plan for the teachers and legislature need to be changed.
I work in the private sector and have a defined pension plan,have over 30 years of service and make about the same salary as a teacher.My pension will be approx.$1000.00/month or $12,000/yr.compare that to the teachers who get make 5X more.
That being said,I'm not holding my breath

john boy

Mahanoy City, PA

#17 Aug 1, 2012
St joe
you hit the nail on the head....don't stand by and let it happen....we all just laugh and shurg it off.....we are too compliant....here is reality...you work hard all your life just like a teacher....your job is just as important as the teachers...you earn a pension of $1,000 /month....why then is it ok for ateacher to earn 5 times that (i really don't think it is that much) but it is safe to say it's double of yours....then, just when you want to retire your company says that due to economic conditions you are only going to get 700.00 instead of the 1,000. you have no say you just accept it....a teacher whose retirement takes a hit because of the economy just says no problem....the school district will replace the money we lost.....thats the problem....that is not fair to ll opf us......remember...we pay the school taxes....I say we, the public should have a say in teacher negotions...hell we let 9 people decide what to do with 20 plus million dollors a year????? i don't know of anyone on any school board who i would trust with that kind of investment.....that is something you have to remember when you vote....but like i said....no one running is that savey with handling money....that said....we need change....how do we get it????? i don't know how to do it leagely....but if everyone can organize and hold back on paying some of our taxes it will be a good start....and as i have said many times before....stealing or embezzeling, or any type of misbehavior among any elected official should be look upon as a major crime....but we'll just shruge our shoulders and laugh it of instead of executing the basterds that stole from YOU!!!!!and ME and every one who trys to reach the american dream......please never stop dreaming.....start DEMANDING......
kailee

Perry, GA

#18 Aug 1, 2012
john boy wrote:
St joe
you hit the nail on the head....don't stand by and let it happen....we all just laugh and shurg it off.....we are too compliant....here is reality...you work hard all your life just like a teacher....your job is just as important as the teachers...you earn a pension of $1,000 /month....why then is it ok for ateacher to earn 5 times that (i really don't think it is that much) but it is safe to say it's double of yours....then, just when you want to retire your company says that due to economic conditions you are only going to get 700.00 instead of the 1,000. you have no say you just accept it....a teacher whose retirement takes a hit because of the economy just says no problem....the school district will replace the money we lost.....thats the problem....that is not fair to ll opf us......remember...we pay the school taxes....I say we, the public should have a say in teacher negotions...hell we let 9 people decide what to do with 20 plus million dollors a year????? i don't know of anyone on any school board who i would trust with that kind of investment.....that is something you have to remember when you vote....but like i said....no one running is that savey with handling money....that said....we need change....how do we get it????? i don't know how to do it leagely....but if everyone can organize and hold back on paying some of our taxes it will be a good start....and as i have said many times before....stealing or embezzeling, or any type of misbehavior among any elected official should be look upon as a major crime....but we'll just shruge our shoulders and laugh it of instead of executing the basterds that stole from YOU!!!!!and ME and every one who trys to reach the american dream......please never stop dreaming.....start DEMANDING......
agree with everyone of your posts except one----the taxpayers do have a say in teachers salaries!!No they can't actually sit in on the talks,but they CAN attend committee meetings,and speak their piece.go to regular board meetings,speak your piece.Negotiations are going on now at PV--go to the meetings!!Not only do retiring teachers get benefits until 62 or 65,but their spouses do too!!What do you think about that??Go to the meetings!!Things will not change until the taxpayers of PV get INVOLVED!!!Go to the districts website---all the mtg dates are listed there,and THEN GO!!!
Lyndon LaRouche

Meadville, PA

#19 Aug 1, 2012
john boy wrote:
St joe
First,teachers pensions in PA. aren't as high as I said.A teacher making 80K/yr with 30 years of service will receive a pension of 48K/yr. not 60K.I was thinking that they receive 60% of their last three years income
Second,a defined pension plan is a legal contract that has a pre set formula that determines your pension so the school board or my employer can't change the amount we received.
What can be done is to adjust future pension formulas under a new defined pension plan or 401K. but I believe only the PA. legislature can do that.
My biggest problem is the legislature gives the teachers the pensions then expect the local taxpayers to foot the bill.
It should come out of the state's general fund.
Something is wrong

Kingston, PA

#20 Aug 1, 2012
Actually your first answer was correct, if they were making $80k, they would get 60 after 30 years. Of course no PV teacher makes 80 or even 70 for that mater. The formula is the annual salary times 2.5% times the years of service. So after 30 years you'd get 75% of your salary. If your pension after 30 years is only going to $12K a year something is wrong. My pension after 20 years in the private sector is well over twice that and I was only making $60K when I retired and I get lifetime medical. I know my former employer no longer gives the medical. I also got an exit package worth around $90k when I left, since I was forced out. If I had stayed until I had 30 years and was making $80K my annual pension would have been in the high $40's, maybe even touching $50K

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nesquehoning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wth jamesway moved (Jun '17) 5 hr reading comprehen... 15
Jesse Farber eaten by deer? (May '17) 5 hr infinite options 20
News People in Tamaqua Upset Over Proposed Food Stam... 5 hr HeilTrump 17
Lethal TOXIC MOLD in Tamaqua ☣ Fri Bill Clinton 21
Danielle Fulton known drug dealer/CI Fri Tamaqua is a shyt... 18
Tamaqua School Board Fri old saggy balls s... 14
News 19-year-old Now Mayor-Elect of Tamaqua Fri Harvey Weinstein 21

Nesquehoning Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance