Review: At JT's on the Bay, fish comes with TLC

Jul 2, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Newsday.com

The clouds had just begun to darken when we set out for Blue Point, on Great South Bay just west of Patchogue. via Newsday.com

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated May 3, 2012
DWW

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2007

Judged:

The only problem with Kingstons is the Marina next to it. If they're working on boats and you want to sit outside you get the whiff of fuel/oil while you enjoy your meal.
Rita Palma

Long Beach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

Judged:

This place is a disaster. My sister threw up after eating bad shrimp. The owner, rather than apologize, told her she got too much sun that day. The only thing worse than the service was the food. Never again-- trememdous waste of money and time.
sherri

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2011

I agree with both of the previous reviews. The food is absolutely horrible. Avoid at all costs.
patchogue resident

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2011

This place sucked. Everything was fried and tasted like the fryer grease hadn't been changed in years. To boot we had to wait for like an hour for a table just to find out how much it sucked.
Tom

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2012

I heard this place is opening for the season next week. I feel I should warn everyone about this place. You will get sick if you eat there. I went there last summer with three friends before heading to fire island for a weekend. We all spent our time at the beach vomiting from our fish meals. I recently met some guy named Frank who used to cook there. He told me that the refrigerators at JT's are old and were probably responsible for the bad fish. I don't know if he was just trying to not to accept any of the blame himself, but either way - avoid this shack in a boat yard or pay the consequences! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
FOOLS

Saint James, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2012

Tom wrote:
I heard this place is opening for the season next week. I feel I should warn everyone about this place. You will get sick if you eat there. I went there last summer with three friends before heading to fire island for a weekend. We all spent our time at the beach vomiting from our fish meals. I recently met some guy named Frank who used to cook there. He told me that the refrigerators at JT's are old and were probably responsible for the bad fish. I don't know if he was just trying to not to accept any of the blame himself, but either way - avoid this shack in a boat yard or pay the consequences! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
Seems like one person posting from two different locations...get a life loser....
patchogue resident.

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2012

Or maybe the food really is greasy. The atmosphere is nice. It's on the water or should I say canal, and it's nice....... It is in a boat yard or super close proximity but you don't really feel like that while inside. But back to the food, after all it is about the restaurant. It's served in baskets over red and white checked waxy paper or on paper plates. This place isn't chateau blanc, it's an outdoor bar/seasonal bar food kind of place.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Nesconset Discussions

Search the Nesconset Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min Krackjacks 115,412
Giant Garage Sale 4 min Charlie 13
survivors of sociopath and narcissistic relatio... 50 min Psychopath free 3
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 2 hr Bruser 2,261
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) 13 hr cornholio 437
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 13 hr sdd 755
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) 14 hr Wake up 669
•••
•••

Nesconset News Video

•••
Nesconset Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Nesconset Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••