Smithtown library bond passes second ...

Smithtown library bond passes second time around

There are 63 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 5, 2008, titled Smithtown library bond passes second time around. In it, Newsday reports that:

This time, the library construction bond referendum passed in Smithtown. Just five months after voters defeated a referendum that would have upgraded three existing libraries and added another in the Smithtown ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Disgusted New Jerseyan

Piscataway, NJ

#61 Mar 10, 2008
wayyyy to go, a bond rather than a tax. Watch your spending boom in future years to cover interest on that mortgage.
Disgusted New Jerseyan

Piscataway, NJ

#62 Mar 10, 2008
Taxes and spending SHOULD be kept at a high level - but spending must be wise, must be fair to the people and beneficial to society, and must not be frivolous. (Note: Don't, for example, spend millions of bucks on a bridge that serves a couple of people in the middle of nowhere, but DO spend enough to allow them to access the rest of society by some means, such as, say, a footbridge or a simple culvert.)
Disgusted New Jerseyan

Piscataway, NJ

#63 Mar 10, 2008
Bonds, however, are frivolous because they create debt that causes unwanted spending in future years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nesconset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 6 hr Bruser 2,637
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Fri joespizza 1,416
News Police raid Napper Tandy's pub in Miller Place (Jun '07) Thu Facepunch Grandpa 130
Brentwood,Long Island, New York (Apr '06) Jun 23 Hoffman68 1,162
News E. Islip named in list of top suburbs (May '07) Jun 23 look into it 261
News Bay Shore Marina parking meters begin operation... Jun 23 look into it 3
all drownings (Jun '07) Jun 22 Lorraine short 24
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nesconset Mortgages