Firemen salute comrade who drowned tr...

Firemen salute comrade who drowned trying to save son

There are 106 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 28, 2008, titled Firemen salute comrade who drowned trying to save son. In it, Newsday reports that:

Martin Simmons, a veteran fireman of Engine Co. 111 in Brooklyn, drowned in Lake Tahoe earlier this week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“I'm down with F&P, ”

Since: Aug 07

Toronto

#120 Jul 30, 2008
FDNY wife wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont think Tucan Sam is a real person because anyone with the least bit or common sense of caring for a human life would NOT start insulting people for saying their prayers for someone who has passed away in a selfless act of parenting/ heroism... who needs that??
the bottomline, the story made her skin crawl. Ponderous to say the least.

“It might have been !!!”

F&P City

#121 Jul 30, 2008
roger43 wrote:
<quoted text>
you didn't have to do that. they'll help you find your ball......reluctantly
Thanfully I wasn't playing with taxpayers, or was I ? Lost ball costs me a stroke. Makes my skin crawl.
St Florian

Riverhead, NY

#122 Jul 30, 2008
I will watch over him, I ask his fellow Firefighters to watch over his wife.

“I'm down with F&P, ”

Toronto

#123 Jul 30, 2008
Tap San in LIC wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanfully I wasn't playing with taxpayers, or was I ? Lost ball costs me a stroke. Makes my skin crawl.
did you get out unscathed?
George Jefferson

Tucson, AZ

#125 Jul 30, 2008
FDNY wife wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont think Tucan Sam is a real person because anyone with the least bit or common sense of caring for a human life would NOT start insulting people for saying their prayers for someone who has passed away in a selfless act of parenting/ heroism... who needs that??
Sure you make twice what he does. In your family, everybody pulls their own weight.
Single 308

Durham, NC

#127 Jul 31, 2008
FDNY wife wrote:
<quoted text>
Let this whole thing go sweetie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nesconset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) 2 hr Oreo 1,421
Smithtown Skateboarders (Jul '07) 5 hr Bruh bruh 65
News 3rd suspect in murder of 2 men found dismembered (Aug '08) 10 hr Dindu Nuffin 181
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 10 hr Bruser 2,663
News Horseshoe crab sting (Jul '07) 13 hr 11951Ratdog 86
News Islip OKs tax breaks for B & S Fragrances & Cos... Tue tyrant of islip 5
News Angie Carpenter, Islip supervisor, optimistic a... (May '15) Tue boycott 23

Nesconset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nesconset Mortgages