Child dies after Long Island car crash

Full story: Newsday 15
A 3-year-old injured in a Long Island car crash has died. Authorities say Nevaeh Anthony of Bohemia died Sunday at Stony Brook University Medical Center. Full Story
Some one who knows

New York, NY

#1 Apr 6, 2009
Maybe she should have had her in her car seat!!!
Someone who really knows

Levittown, NY

#2 Apr 7, 2009
Get your facts straight!!!!!! She was in her car seat!! If you don't have anything nice to say don't post anything at all. This family has been through enough and they don't need to read ignorant blogs like this. Have you ever lost a child? Well my sister lost two in a car accident as well and nobody can ever imagine the pain a mother goes through losing a child. This is the last thing the family needs to deal with! Please keep your negative thoughts and comments to yourself!! Thank you.
Someone who really knows

Levittown, NY

#3 Apr 7, 2009
Some one who knows wrote:
Maybe she should have had her in her car seat!!!
Get your facts straight!!!!!! She was in her car seat!! If you don't have anything nice to say don't post anything at all. This family has been through enough and they don't need to read ignorant blogs like this. Have you ever lost a child? Well my sister lost two in a car accident as well and nobody can ever imagine the pain a mother goes through losing a child. This is the last thing the family needs to deal with! Please keep your negative thoughts and comments to yourself!! Thank you.
Someone who was there

Yorktown Heights, NY

#4 Apr 7, 2009
I guess you really don't know the facts. One child was thrown from the car in a car seat. Not strapped into the seat. The other child smashed into the door and was dead before the cops got there. The first responding officer took a pulse and reached in and took the baby out. She was going to take the child to the hospital in her patrol car but the ambulance showed up at the same time. Neither child was properly strapped into the vehicle. The driver of that vehicle should be charged with man slaughter with depraved indifference for not having those babies properly strapped into that vehicle.
Someone who really knows

Levittown, NY

#5 Apr 7, 2009
Someone who was there wrote:
I guess you really don't know the facts. One child was thrown from the car in a car seat. Not strapped into the seat. The other child smashed into the door and was dead before the cops got there. The first responding officer took a pulse and reached in and took the baby out. She was going to take the child to the hospital in her patrol car but the ambulance showed up at the same time. Neither child was properly strapped into the vehicle. The driver of that vehicle should be charged with man slaughter with depraved indifference for not having those babies properly strapped into that vehicle.
I guess you didn't read my previous blog...if you don't have anything nice to say DON'T POST IT!!! Do you honestly think this poor family needs to be dealing with all you people that don't have anything better to do then go online and post to these blogs. That bored huh? If you feel the need to be online then go make a donation somewhere. There are many charities out there that could use your help someone who was there and some one who knows!! And for your information they were both strapped into their carseats and to correct you the 8 month old baby was thrown from the car still in her car seat with not a scratch on her. Unfortunately Neveah was on the side the other car hit them so she got the impact of the accident! It's a shame that you all feel the need to post negativity on here. How would you feel if God forbid this was your child and people were writing the things you both are writing. Bottom line is your opinion really doesn't matter at the end of the day.
Someone who was there

Yorktown Heights, NY

#6 Apr 8, 2009
Sorry but there is no rule of only saying nice things in a blog. Car seats don't fly out of cars if they are properly strapped into the vehicle. If you don't like whats said don't read it.
CENTRAL ISLIP-NY

Southampton, NY

#7 Apr 12, 2009
I just want to give my condolences to the parents of Nevaeh. May God Bless you and your family .
CI Family

Kissimmee, FL

#8 Apr 15, 2009
I guess all that can be said to the person posting the ignorant comments is grow up..You title your names "Someone who knows" and "Someone who was there" not only do you not know a damb thing,the world is a better place without people like yourselves talkin trash and placing blame....
To Central Islip-NY....Thank you. I'm sure MY COUSIN, Naveah's father and the rest of our family if given the opportunity to read this would appreciate your comments.
nevaeh- heaven

AOL

#9 Apr 15, 2009
"Central Islip-NY" I really hope that they do read the comment you wrote..."Ci Family"..your right there is noone to blame in what occured. All there is to do is pray and live one day at a time. Her memory is beautiful and thats all that needs to be cherished. The twinkle in her eyes and the giggle of her laugh will always be remebered as innocence and beauty. Rest In peace Little Angel. You will always be in our hearts.
Just Some1 who cares

Hollywood, FL

#10 Apr 19, 2009
My deep condolences to the parents of Nevaeh,God Bless You an all your family
just me

Patchogue, NY

#11 May 13, 2009
Someone who was there wrote:
Sorry but there is no rule of only saying nice things in a blog. Car seats don't fly out of cars if they are properly strapped into the vehicle. If you don't like whats said don't read it.
Actually thats not true. Car seats help prevent accidents but are not fail proof. My mother flew out through a car windshield when she was a baby, car seat and all, and it was properly installed.
just me

Patchogue, NY

#12 May 13, 2009
My condolences to the family...
Edward

Deer Park, NY

#13 Jan 19, 2013
Thank you and may god bless our hearts
Edward sands

Lindenhurst, NY

#14 Mar 7, 2013
Thanks for the quote and it's hard for US too lose a little girl who laughs when you fall. And her favorite word was poiple

United States

#15 Mar 7, 2013
. Car seats do NOT fly out of cars if properly installed. Somebody will have to live with this guilt forever and I pray for them sincerely. People make mistakes without thinking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nesconset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 7 hr truth 759
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 7 hr Bruser 2,293
Memories Of Old Ronkonkoma (Jul '09) Sat Jayar 89
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Fri liberalP 6,443
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Fri Robert Burns 16,790
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Fri positronium 675
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Fri positronium 6,389
•••

Nesconset News Video

•••
•••

Nesconset Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Nesconset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Nesconset News, Events & Info