Smithtown developer faces new bribery charges -- Career and Wor...

Full story: Newsday 24
A Smithtown developer, already charged in connection with a two-year probe into corruption in the town's building department, faced new charges yesterday that he had conspired with another developer to bribe ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pammie

Brooklyn, NY

#21 Apr 10, 2008
Mike Honcho wrote:
Hi Pammie
The exact quote was "Hire ********** and you will get what want. The Board knows him".
This is after I was told "the Zoning Board will never approve my application"
Why didn't I hire an attorney?- what good would he do other than bill me.
Congress- Not a Federal issue
Town Council- I contacted Town Supervisor Vecchio who referred me to Councilwoman Jane Conway concerning my original complaints with the building department. She pontificated about how she is the liason with the building department and she would look into it. She never called me back. And did not return several calls I left for her. But, it did result in the denial of my application with the building Department. If you read the comments in this blog you will see I'm not the only one
<quoted text>
What exactly were you adding to your home? I never heard of this. Do you have neighbors that are connected and don't happen to like you?
Pammie

Brooklyn, NY

#22 Apr 10, 2008
Be Real wrote:
<quoted text>
If you apply for a building permit, you are paying for them to help you. They are suppose to be professionals ready to help the public. They are the ones that know the building code, and they are the ones who should be answering all your questions.
Who's the 'honcho' in that neighborhood. Sen Trunzo? Call his office.
LI Resident

Melville, NY

#23 Apr 10, 2008
I was also advised by the building department not to bother with the zoning board. I'm so happy they're working for us. I'm going ahead with my case, I may have to bring up the wonderful advice I was given.
LIer

Tenafly, NJ

#24 Apr 10, 2008
Nothing is going to change. You've got an unscrupulous developer surrounded by corruption. Big surprise that bribery was involved. The only way the cronies of Smithtown will be held accountable is if and when the mass media decides to make it a big investigative story. Until then, no one will do a damn thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nesconset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 9 hr An NFL Fan 118,654
Gay Friendly Sayville? 10 hr Gayville 3
Poll: Do You Support a St. James CVS? 16 hr dianenarr 1
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 17 hr Bruser 2,313
Cops raid W. Islip bar, arrest owners, bartenders (Jan '08) Mon tim21 239
Jennifer Poppiti, Hauppauge Middle School teach... Mon shesnotaneducator 6
commack resident janet koch is new exec. dir. o... Oct 18 DHF1147 1

Nesconset News Video

Nesconset Dating
Find my Match