Neighbors in Nesconset mourn

Neighbors in Nesconset mourn

There are 52 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 3, 2007, titled Neighbors in Nesconset mourn. In it, Newsday reports that:

Neighbors mourned the loss of a Nesconset grandmother found dead in her home as police continued to investigate the crime yesterday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

God Dauhter of Martha

Apopka, FL

#23 Dec 4, 2007
I am sickened by some of the peoples comments, if you don't know the family you shouldn't make stupid comments! My mother is Martha's only sibling (sister) and she is devastated, she just talked to Martha the day before, discussing her recovery from knee surgery and how well it went. Regardless of of the doings that went on with grandsons this is a tradgady and everyone should focus on finding who did it not the criminal records of her grandsons. It may possibly not have anything to do with Matt, He loves his grandmother as much as we all did! I know there is alot of emotional stress going on thru out the family right now but we need to focus on finding the heartless *** who did this! EVERYONE who knew Martha should come together and celebrate the loving life of my Aunt and God mother ( Martha Watson)for she was a wonderful person in every way! put aside any hatefulness as she would want us to. Thank you for all that send prayers for the family. And for those who have ill comments we will pray for you as well!
Marthas Cousin

Tampa, FL

#24 Dec 4, 2007
God Dauhter of Martha wrote:
I am sickened by some of the peoples comments, if you don't know the family you shouldn't make stupid comments! My mother is Martha's only sibling (sister) and she is devastated, she just talked to Martha the day before, discussing her recovery from knee surgery and how well it went. Regardless of of the doings that went on with grandsons this is a tradgady and everyone should focus on finding who did it not the criminal records of her grandsons. It may possibly not have anything to do with Matt, He loves his grandmother as much as we all did! I know there is alot of emotional stress going on thru out the family right now but we need to focus on finding the heartless *** who did this! EVERYONE who knew Martha should come together and celebrate the loving life of my Aunt and God mother ( Martha Watson)for she was a wonderful person in every way! put aside any hatefulness as she would want us to. Thank you for all that send prayers for the family. And for those who have ill comments we will pray for you as well!
I was so sorry to hear about Martha and hoped that they would have removed the nasty comments (as abuse) as I know they would be so much more hurtful to your mom and to the boys. Although, I am thankful for the comments from her neighbors, co-workers and friends - those who really knew her for sharing what a warm, wonderful person she really was because they have accurately described her in the way she should be remembered. I hope they find the people responsible, this was truly a senseless crime. God bless you all of you as well.
Living in immediate area

Albany, NY

#25 Dec 4, 2007
I too am very nervous due to this entire situation. Prior to the crime I had seen a police car outside of the house a few weeks ago, so im sure it was drug related. I just dont understand why its so hush, hush as to what the actual crime was. Us parents in the neighborhood have children who are afarid to go to sleep since it happened. It would be calming to us if we at least knew that they are pursuing or at had some sort of lead as to who the assailants were, but I havent heard anything about that. How do we know that there not local or maybe even living on my block? Its just so surreal to think that there are people who can do these sort of things. So brutal a crime should not go unpunished. I pray they catch them quickly!
Niece of Martha

Shreveport, LA

#26 Dec 4, 2007
Thank You, for those of you who wrote such wonderful comments about my aunt. Those of us who knew and loved her know what a struggle it has been for her to not only raise her three sons alone, but to also raise her two grandsons. My Aunt Martha was an amazing and caring woman. She never forgot to send a birthday card or a Christmas card each and every year. She always had a smile and a hug every time I saw her. SHE WAS MY MOTHER'S BEST FRIEND. It is so easy to point fingers and make nasty comments about the lives of people who you know nothing about. Those of us who knew my aunt know that she did not deserve what happened to her. Despite what Matthew may or may not have done, we love him and hope he recovers. I have lost a very special person in my life and this year my little boy won't have the joy of opening a birthday card from his aunt that gives the best hugs ever. We miss you Aunt Martha and love you with all our hearts. God Bless.
Colonic

Bronx, NY

#27 Dec 4, 2007
Living in immediate area wrote:
I too am very nervous due to this entire situation. Prior to the crime I had seen a police car outside of the house a few weeks ago, so im sure it was drug related. I just dont understand why its so hush, hush as to what the actual crime was. Us parents in the neighborhood have children who are afarid to go to sleep since it happened. It would be calming to us if we at least knew that they are pursuing or at had some sort of lead as to who the assailants were, but I havent heard anything about that. How do we know that there not local or maybe even living on my block? Its just so surreal to think that there are people who can do these sort of things. So brutal a crime should not go unpunished. I pray they catch them quickly!
XANAX NOW!
Live on Alexander

Levittown, NY

#28 Dec 4, 2007
What is Martha's house number?
Karen

AOL

#29 Dec 4, 2007
God Dauhter of Martha wrote:
I totally agree with you. I knew your Mom and your family very well and loved your Aunt Martha very much. She was a sweetheart that would give you the shirt off of her back. Our family considered your family our family! Please tell your Mom that all of us care very much and pray that your Aunt Martha will now be at peace and with your Great Grandfather in heaven.
what do you know

Peekskill, NY

#30 Dec 4, 2007
Victor Chunga Barbarian
what do you know

Peekskill, NY

#31 Dec 4, 2007
Victor Chunga Murdurer and Barbarian
Nesconset

Peekskill, NY

#32 Dec 4, 2007
Victor Chunga - I'd poke his eyes out if I could
Nesconset

Peekskill, NY

#33 Dec 4, 2007
Colonic wrote:
<quoted text>XANAX NOW!
Victor Chunga
A concerned Mom

AOL

#34 Dec 4, 2007
As some of you have reported, the drug problem in Nesconset is sickening... and as for the person saying where are the parents?....well, I guess you know nothing about teenagers and 18 y/o kids. They have a mind of their own...no matter what we as parents say. I find the kids in nesconset, many, not all...are out of control...If I could have moved away, just not to have my son's go to the HS. I would have. I feel, the kids my son runs around with are a big problem and are sucking him right into their ways. I HATE IT! The best I can do at this point is just pray.....Throwing him out, is just feeding him to the wolves....and I am not going to let him go down the tubes with all the other druggies, no matter what it takes!
Live on Alexander

Levittown, NY

#35 Dec 5, 2007
what do you know wrote:
Victor Chunga Barbarian
How did you know that before it was in the press? Are you related to the Watson's? Why did this A**hole do this?
Another concerned Mom

Levittown, NY

#36 Dec 5, 2007
This story only reveals two victims, the sweet grandmother and the family of the boy presumed guilty who happens to be the nicest, kindest, hard working honest people that I know. My heart goes out to Martha's family and to the Chungas. Victor is one of many Smithtown boys with drug problems and instead of judging we should be pressing our representatives for a safer school district, free of drugs. We should all pray for the two families and demand that our schools do a better job at controlling drugs which is the real problem in this case.

Fight drugs in the Smithtown School District !
andrea

White Plains, NY

#37 Dec 5, 2007
i lived at that same corner for over 17 years and i'm still a family friend of the 2 older sons. i have not seen allan in years. it is disgusting what is being said about the family. i grew up and considered the middle son an older brother because he was always in my life, he always looked out for me and he is still a very good friend of my older brother. to berate this family for something that has been done now is absolutely horrible. i also knew martha whom i always called mrs watson out of respect. she had it tough raising her 3 sons and then taking on grandchildren later on in life. she was a terrific woman who never deserved to have her life taken like this. i still remember her always walking up to the smith haven mall she would never accept a ride if you offered it. even at her age she kept going, just last month i saw her walking as usual. my heart goes out to the family that is hurting here.
anonymous

Corning, NY

#38 Dec 5, 2007
Everyone that is commenting clearly is not a teenager in Smithtown or you would not being saying you had no idea there is a drug problem in Smithtown. A tragedy like this happened soley because of a heroine addiction. I know both the victim and the accused murderer and before drugs they would not have even been in a situation like this, but as you can see heroine addicts get desperate. The cops are doing all they can it still isn't going to help.
another smithtowner

Hamden, CT

#39 Dec 5, 2007
Well I for one did actually live in Smithtown, luckily I never had a problem with the drugs, but I can definitly say that there was one. If you wanted it you could find it. My friend recently got involved, not in heroin, but in pot. Its sad, but I dont think there is much the police can do, unless something like this happens. unfortunitly
Shirley Leesburg FL

The Villages, FL

#40 Dec 5, 2007
Martha and I were childhood friends and classmates. We grew up in a very different world than the world of today. We graduated from Smithtown High School in 1955 in a class of 105 students from Smithtown, Nesconset, St. James, and Hauppauge. Back then, there were no drugs. No students had cars except for one senior boy. Alcohol was not a problem. I can remember one Monday overhearing 4 senior boys talking about what a weekend they had! They had a 6-pack of beer!….. between the 4 of them. Nothing in our teenage years prepared Martha or me for the world of today. I last saw Martha about 5 years ago when I visited with family and friends on Long Island. We went out to lunch together, then back to her home for dessert. She made us tea and served the cake she'd baked. She showed me her garden. I met one of her grandsons, whose drawings showed definite artistic talent. Martha was a kind, caring, thoughtful, loving woman. She worked very hard all her life taking care of her family as best as she could. My sincerest sympathies to all of her family and friends.
Billy Beer

Warwick, NY

#41 Dec 5, 2007
Im an old friend of Al's and Ive been triyng to get in touch with him... If anyone knows how to, could you point him in my direction or let me know how to contact him? Thanks.

~Billy.([email protected] l.com)
jane doe

Yonkers, NY

#42 Dec 5, 2007
wow! I grew up there too. I knew Matthew's I went to hs and sometimes hung out with paul. Is that is dad or his uncle? I remember even in the late 70s Allen Watson had a son with Cheri Cunningham. So not sure the relations but boy were they all into drugs. It sad how the cycle just continued even 30 years later. So this could have been prevented. Im sure more stuff happened in those years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nesconset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) 6 hr Van Buren St Guy 1,422
Gregory Sanzeri from La Fitness Smithtown 12 hr Anon 2
News Charges Filed In LI Chimney Sweep Scam (Feb '06) 20 hr Chimneyman39 331
News Petition drive underway to reopen Roberto Cleme... Mon clean it up Angie 6
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Mon Bruser 2,665
Heroin Overdosed Centereach High School (Jan '09) Sun Relic 36
News After officer's wake, cops nab drug suspect (Mar '09) Aug 26 Go Blue Forever 212

Nesconset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nesconset Mortgages