Drivers share war stories about risin...

Drivers share war stories about rising gas prices

There are 5 comments on the Newsday story from May 3, 2008, titled Drivers share war stories about rising gas prices. In it, Newsday reports that:

Once again, the price of gasoline hit another record high Friday in Nassau and Suffolk.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

John

Belmar, NJ

#1 May 3, 2008
How could the price of oil go up again this week when the price on the stock market for oil fell over $20.00 this week? The answer is greedy Hedge Fund managers, sloppy politicans and gas companies who dont care. It is time for all of us to protest, like in the Sean Bell case, or nothing will get done except more gripe sessions about the high price of gas.It is time to get off our butts and do something.
Lisa

United States

#2 May 3, 2008
I have begun to lose faith in the United States and worry about being homeless and living in poverty everyday. I am a U.S. Citizen who has worked for over 28yrs. and I am a single mother of a 15yr. old son. The gas prices will not go down, the cost of food and housing will continue to go up and the rich will continue to keep getting richer and the government will tell one B.S. story after another, claiming they have the interest of the people as a priority and nothing will change.

I don't believe any politican who claims they are going to make things better, because change never seems to come.
Lisa

United States

#3 May 3, 2008
I agree with you John. It is time for the citizens of this country to stage a major boycott/protest. Would it be possible for all of us to not purchase gas on a particular day? I doubt it, because there are many who do not care about the plight of other's who are experiencing financial difficulties etc.
Getmad

Kingsport, TN

#5 May 3, 2008
We need a new Government... Take action and bring on the change.
MASTIC STINKS

Freeport, NY

#6 May 4, 2008
Jenn Given of Mastic , get out of the trailer parlk trash and get a job alreay, enough wellfare

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nesconset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 21 hr Bruser 2,795
Don Woolley (Dec '10) Thu ralf 13
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Wed Peter Charneco 1,498
all drownings (Jun '07) Nov 13 Uncle Bumblephuk 74
Complaints against CPS, Supervising Judge David... (Dec '09) Nov 13 Christine 67
What is your favorite Brentwood Restaurant? (Nov '08) Nov 12 Oscar Meyer 28
Les Jardins, Coram NY (Feb '10) Nov 11 Fairfield propert... 16

Nesconset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nesconset Mortgages