Downward spiral of landmark restauran...

Downward spiral of landmark restaurant Bavarian Inn

There are 43 comments on the Newsday story from Oct 23, 2008, titled Downward spiral of landmark restaurant Bavarian Inn. In it, Newsday reports that:

It's been 18 months since town fire marshals broke down the door at the Bavarian Inn - a move that started the slow downward spiral for its owner, Vincent Tramontana.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

John

Smithtown, NY

#21 Oct 23, 2008
The location of the computer network determines the "Hometown".

I had four sisters married at the Bavarian Inn between 1979 and 1992 and it was a great place. When my wife and I got married in 2001 we went there out of loyalty but the place was in serious disrepair even back then We went to Timber Point instead. It was sad to see a nice place deteriorate like it did.
PETEF

AOL

#22 Oct 23, 2008
The owner of BI could have consulted with his next door neighbor and found a way to have a 'burglary' and charge it off to the insurance company.

He would have then the benefit of a plot gone awry, and knew how to put a profitable false claim in with the insurance company. It may have held off the creditors for a short time so he could re-group.

Hey, if that didn't work the owner of BI could have staged a burglary that the cops could frame an innocent guy for and then receive a $4.000.00 award from a jackass judge after the framed guy got convicted for a crime that never happened.

Hey, where were all those neckers when the burglars allegedly appeared to do a burglary of an after hours joint supposedly and mysteriously closed a little after midnight.

Any of you folks that know the both places care to chime in and tell me if Parsnips ever closed its doors before 4am, or maybe never closed.

What time did Parsnips close in 2000, if it ever closed ? It was a well known after hours joint.

On 7/10/00, the only 'burglar' that 'entered' Parsnips had the initials JW. Good luck collecting JW, that case got kicked out despite your BS.
PETEF

AOL

#24 Oct 23, 2008
so as moishe said to Issac, how do you start a fire?

Four master burglars go to a place believing they were going to take down a 25K score from a safe. Not finding a safe they took the liquor. Why not they had plenty of time because they had a cop looking out for them. That cop just happened to own a green nissan at the time of the burglary and Jake Feinberg who never missed a day without his special K and 20 or so Vikes just happened to remember 5 years later what kind of car and the color of the car the cop was driving. You ever hear of a DMV group search to find the cars a person drove?

The Rocket Science Detective Lewis showed evidence of a DMV group search when he transposed the birth date of my daughter with that of my son in law. It means they did a group search to find a car the SIL drove so they could tell Feinberg what the SIL owned on that night.

Real F-----g geniuses they have in SCPD. They never bothered to do a group search to find out what kind of car Eddie Wright allegedly drove to Yonkers on 8/7/00. They asked Yonkers for the investigative reports. If they had the f----g brains they were born with and read the report they were faxed they would have found credible evidence that wright DIDN'T go to Yonkers in his Ford Explorer, but if he did go he went in his gray 1989 Acura that was registered to his wife at his home in Smithtown. That is what the witness said he saw two suspected arsonists fleeing in when they took off from the premises. The witness was accurate enough to identify the year and color of the car. Who do you think got it right?

If SCPD didn't have a population of Kool Aid drinkers, and a Judge that passed it out to drink, they would never make a case with the lies they tell.

“Small gov't.Low taxes, Freedom”

Since: Mar 07

Ronkonkoma

#25 Oct 24, 2008
themarlboroman wrote:
Lost Rights - the same for you. It's called nature. Was the town pumping the groundwater back in the 80's when there was flooding, I don't think so. And it wasn't from one rain fall, it was from an entire wet season of rain after a bunch of seasons with less than normal rain.
IT's NOT natural and there haven't been wet seasons since 2005, since then the rainfall has been BELOW average every year since October 2005.

I didn't make up the October 2005 date that was Smithtown's imaginary excuse for why he level of the lake rose 5 feet in less than a year, that just HAPPENED to coincide with the same time they started pumping into the bog.

There was NO water level problem in that area of the lake in the 1980.s so what's your point?

There is NO valid NATURAL reason why the lake would rise 5 feet in 2005 and only recede 2 feet in the DRY time since then.

There were hearings on this in 2007 where Smithtown could NOT prove that the rainfall caused the increase in groundwater, STILL they are hiding behind the same lame excuse.
themarlboroman

Jersey City, NJ

#27 Oct 24, 2008
Paul,

Keep sucking your thumb my friend. Where do you see a place to enter your hometown?

And you are right, we are all a bunch of cowards writing annonymously to a forum on the internet under fake handles. That is if your name really is Paul.
themarlboroman

Jersey City, NJ

#28 Oct 24, 2008
Lost Rights,

You are a real historian! Did you know that steuben boulevard used to connect to Smithtown Boulevard? Do you know why it doesn't?

Because in the 80's the whole area FLOODED and that stretch of steuben was constantly under water. Smithtown boulevard used to flood in the area where the little creek flows under the road behind the bavarian inn. When they re-did the boulevard they raised the rowd and allowed the drainage to flow back and forth from the lake side to the swamp side.

You must work for newsday, you are so factual. Keep forcing your misconcepitons and they just might stick.
liner

Bronx, NY

#29 Oct 24, 2008
Hey PETEF, ever think of writing soap operas?

“Small gov't.Low taxes, Freedom”

Since: Mar 07

Ronkonkoma

#30 Oct 24, 2008
themarlboroman wrote:
Lost Rights,
You are a real historian! Did you know that steuben boulevard used to connect to Smithtown Boulevard? Do you know why it doesn't?
Because in the 80's the whole area FLOODED and that stretch of steuben was constantly under water. Smithtown boulevard used to flood in the area where the little creek flows under the road behind the bavarian inn. When they re-did the boulevard they raised the rowd and allowed the drainage to flow back and forth from the lake side to the swamp side.
You must work for newsday, you are so factual. Keep forcing your misconcepitons and they just might stick.
LOL you keep making up lies about events that never happened, you are comical. You really must be a Smithtown employee.

Even iif what you claim was true, the water level in the llake could NEVER and has NEVER risen 5 feet in a matter of months. the proof is in the county park itself. there are oaks underwater still next to the lake. one of them at least 150 years old, oaks will not grown in the water so there has NEVER been a time when the lake was as high as it is now because the oaks would be dead. Go ask a botanist. It's a fact. If the water had risen to the levels you claim in the 80's those oaks would be rotting carcasses from the roots being destroyed.

If your claim of the water levels were true why haven't Gibbs Pond area homes suddenly been swamped with all these water level problems?

It's all a scam by the town of Smithtown and homeowners are the ones being ruined by it.

Now the Bavarian Inn may still have been mismanaged, I'll grant, but the water level problems were NOT the fault of mismanagent of the BI, mismanagement by the town of Smithtown maybe, though.
booch

Brooklyn, NY

#31 Oct 24, 2008
Since the late 90's this place went downhill, most locals referred to it as The Barbarian Inn
PETEF

AOL

#32 Oct 24, 2008
liner wrote:
Hey PETEF, ever think of writing soap operas?
NOPE. do u want to know why? truth is always stranger than fiction. I could never be able to make this stuff up. I just don't have the imagination.

Maybe I will do a small TV show. nothing big, but it gets some attention.
PeteF

Lindenhurst, NY

#33 Oct 24, 2008
maybe a horror flick - for Halloween.
Silent Bob

Durham, NC

#34 Oct 24, 2008
errr... the town shown under your name is the location of the ISP.. where the computer server is based. I am not in North Carolina, I am Long Island
Accordion player

Bronx, NY

#35 Oct 24, 2008
Years ago they use to have an accordion player there and that guy was a blast. Or he was blasted? Either way it was a fun night out. The Volkswagon salad bar was neat also!!!
PETEF

AOL

#36 Oct 24, 2008
THANX for the info on the accordian player. maybe he saw Feinberg, Careccia, Wright, Cipkin and the SIL in the parking lot taking their sweet time loading up their cars with booze?

The burglars went in to Parsnips to crack open a safe. There was no safe. Went looking for 25K. So they hang around for 45 minutes, according to them, and take booze, a cheese cake, and some chicken fingers, and a few other worthless items. And four serial burglars don't find the need to bring a police scanner with them?

A burglar without a police scanner is like Parsnips without liquor. A joke, right?
marlboroman

Union City, NJ

#37 Oct 25, 2008
Lost rights,

You are still a douche. The people living around Gibbs Pond have felt the effects too. When the level of the lake was it's highest the area of Roy Drive and Nichols Road was under water for a few days while the town pumped the water down nichols road. People who live along nichols road from gibbs pond road to browns road are continually pumping water out of their basements and into the streets.

You are so one sided "the town the town the town". You are probably an Obama supporter too.

“Small gov't.Low taxes, Freedom”

Since: Mar 07

Ronkonkoma

#38 Oct 25, 2008
marlboroman wrote:
Lost rights,
You are still a ****. The people living around Gibbs Pond have felt the effects too. When the level of the lake was it's highest the area of Roy Drive and Nichols Road was under water for a few days while the town pumped the water down nichols road. People who live along nichols road from gibbs pond road to **** road are continually pumping water out of their basements and into the streets.
You are so one sided "the town the town the town". You are probably an Obama supporter too.
I support the truth.

What you're supporting is a bunch of lies and excuses.

You insult me because I disagree with you but your evidence for your argument is the "party" line of B $ and lies.

You're also not very astute since my Avatar and headline make it crystal clear who I support.
NYStateOfMind

Ridgewood, NY

#39 Oct 25, 2008
I haven't lived on Long Island since the 1980's and fondly remember the Bavarian Inn. Reading this story only makes me realize that very few things in life are permanent...

Hopefully, a solution is reached and all concerned can go forward. After all, it's only a building...
HOMEOWNER

Mastic, NY

#40 Oct 29, 2008
SOUNDS MORE LIKE IT TO ME
Rommel wrote:
Clearly sounds like a case of political strong-arming.Could it be someone in the Town Of Schmidtown has an alternate plan for the place? A park for the residents? Don't make me laugh.This piece of property is a goldmine for some dirty politico and his corrupt cronies.Condemn it,close it,vandalize it and then buy it at a foreclosed cost.Town corruption at it's best.
HAHA

New York, NY

#41 Nov 1, 2008
PETEF wrote:
so as moishe said to Issac, how do you start a fire?
Four master burglars go to a place believing they were going to take down a 25K score from a safe. Not finding a safe they took the liquor. Why not they had plenty of time because they had a cop looking out for them. That cop just happened to own a green nissan at the time of the burglary and Jake Feinberg who never missed a day without his special K and 20 or so Vikes just happened to remember 5 years later what kind of car and the color of the car the cop was driving. You ever hear of a DMV group search to find the cars a person drove?
The Rocket Science Detective Lewis showed evidence of a DMV group search when he transposed the birth date of my daughter with that of my son in law. It means they did a group search to find a car the SIL drove so they could tell Feinberg what the SIL owned on that night.
Real F-----g geniuses they have in SCPD. They never bothered to do a group search to find out what kind of car Eddie Wright allegedly drove to Yonkers on 8/7/00. They asked Yonkers for the investigative reports. If they had the f----g brains they were born with and read the report they were faxed they would have found credible evidence that wright DIDN'T go to Yonkers in his Ford Explorer, but if he did go he went in his gray 1989 Acura that was registered to his wife at his home in Smithtown. That is what the witness said he saw two suspected arsonists fleeing in when they took off from the premises. The witness was accurate enough to identify the year and color of the car. Who do you think got it right?
If SCPD didn't have a population of Kool Aid drinkers, and a Judge that passed it out to drink, they would never make a case with the lies they tell.
Listen just b/c you are 5ft tall don't go calling me fat you pathetic little man for you info I have a nice 6 pack. I don't know how you get off calling me fat. And for the record I have never been to parsnips for drinks. Do me a favor stop using my name I promise you I know stuff you don't want made public.
HAHA

New York, NY

#42 Nov 1, 2008
Hey Shorty just b/c you are 5ft tall don't go calling me fat I have a nice 6 pack over here. From your view I guess we all look fat. You know what? I understand to me you look like a mexican waiting for work on the of 7-11 on rt 83 -SHORTY
So I get it sorry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nesconset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LaGrange: Union support is needed for Heartland... 22 hr a bridge is for sale 1
Middle country road in Centerreach Fri Crazy Eddie 2
News Sessions' hard line on drug enforcement will ba... Fri frank scerpico 1
News Heartland mega-project gets county planning app... May 19 dictatorship 6
Public Safety SCCC Selden (Oct '16) May 18 Student 14
News YOUR COMMUNITY WATCHDOG: Debating the safety of... (Jan '08) May 18 Norman Snead 73
News Tankleff judge recuses himself (May '08) May 17 petef 178

Nesconset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nesconset Mortgages