|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember that. We used to live on Bruce Lane. I was just talking about that the other day. And Charlies hot dogs. My Dad used to take me and my brother there almost everyday he was off.
. I lived on Bruce lane used to play street hockey with a Pat hope you will get in touch at Eradhog@ gmail.com
Gulliver

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

I lived on Bruce lane used to play street hockey with a pat o holler at me at Eradhog@gmail.com
tom deelyo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Thank-you brentwood community 4 akl ur Libra .Libra peace and hair versar feliz navidad. Happy!
tom deelyo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Gulliver wrote:
I lived on Bruce lane used to play street hockey with a pat o holler at me at Eradhog@gmail.com
leave q rural Dick alineado
tom deelyo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Tea but nosotros el trabajar mi amigos!!!!!!!!!.un poco dinero ren ggovernment r. listening el gringo deelyo!!!!

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

In the beginning of this thread I was looking for Elizabeth Eubanks. I found her on face book. I tried several other avenues and it finally paid off. We have reconnected and are going back down Memory Lane as if we were still back there from the sixties and seventies. My Brentwood still exists the way it was, there were no mosques, English and higher education was of the higest importance, and everyone was middle class. People moving there now, going from squalor, to more squalor, they have no idea what it was like but to those who have preserved the memories from a time that we know was the best times, keep those memories. Houses in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, bought with drug cartel money, surrounded by mostly slums, strife, ignorance, gangs, the uneducated, and that is how it will always remain as it sinks as low as it can go. Brentwood has been the pit of hell for years. No one wants it back in the condition it is in and it is irrepairable. The people there now,they diserve the Brentwood they turned it into. The rest of who wanted better and sought for better,got it. It is what it is.
Como se llama

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Vee wrote:
In the beginning of this thread I was looking for Elizabeth Eubanks. I found her on face book. I tried several other avenues and it finally paid off. We have reconnected and are going back down Memory Lane as if we were still back there from the sixties and seventies. My Brentwood still exists the way it was, there were no mosques, English and higher education was of the higest importance, and everyone was middle class. People moving there now, going from squalor, to more squalor, they have no idea what it was like but to those who have preserved the memories from a time that we know was the best times, keep those memories...
I was with ya right up to this point.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Como se llama wrote:
<quoted text>
I was with ya right up to this point.
I read the Newsday, New York Post and The Daily News. I could not make it up if I tried. Sad what happened to a wonderful place 30 years go. The pride left and the community today is an atrocity.
BRENTWOOD

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Vee wrote:
Houses in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, bought with drug cartel money, surrounded by mostly slums, strife, ignorance, gangs, the uneducated, and that is how it will always remain as it sinks as low as it can go. Brentwood has been the pit of hell for years. No one wants it back in the condition it is in and it is irrepairable. The people there now,they diserve the Brentwood they turned it into. The rest of who wanted better and sought for better,got it. It is what it is.
The unfortunate truth of what Brentwood is today even as some (Como se llama) like to ignore the facts as if they aren't true.
tom deely

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

I remember when the only real gangs were in l.a and nyc.now they. Ate all over brentwood,bayshore,and central.islip.wrong need more cops patrolling q
tom deely

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

They wanna keep us down.
tom deely

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Aaaaah yes I remember it well.u nev&#283;&#345; know a persons personality until u approach and speak to them.
tom deely

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Don't u make me bruise the back of my hand u ignorant projectile I don't want to c u on this blog again b smart ;13
Jose

West Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Monika wrote:
I lived in Brentwood in the late 1950's early 1960's. My parents built a small cape code style house on 1 1/4 acres. I remember there was a potatoe farm nearby and a large paved parking area where I learned to ride a bicycle. I used to ride my bike up Hilltop Dr. to the "Perno's" house. The were acres of woods where we built forts and searched for Lady Slippers. We moved to Georgia in 1964 and I have never been back. I often wonder if the house is still there.
Do you remember the street name at least?
tom deely

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Before u dart ss g' is either Trd.before I camps into my demise I want to wish christina a and all half brown half irish peoples of the world a Happy birthday.ps tell thumper it better b "qx" and fast do I can forever c blackas I fall into the abyss.
Vinny t

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

nrm wrote:
Does anyone remember any kind of sexual abuse happening at the Village school in the 60's?
Mr. Generous the gym teacher was accused of fondling Karen Robinson and Lorraine Boydston. Although I think Lorraine just jumped on the band wagon because she wanted the attention.
They moved him to another school and he got replace.
Ralph

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

tom deely wrote:
They wanna keep us down.
Couldn't be the fact (as exhibited in your other posts) that you can't even type a coherent sentence, eh?
tom deely33053

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

oh ur name is rsaaasasaalph.
tom deely33053

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

I'm not down ralph I have a comfy govt job.u live amongst the plebians
charles putzer

Decatur, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

hey i was at this school during this time i remember lots of those names steve downey frank collandro and the others we had fun back in the day are you related to thomas and stephen white? his dad owned glob autobody in brooklyn
Barbra White wrote:
I haven't heard any of the teachers mentioned from Twin Pines...so, here goes...Mrs Beacon, Miss White who became Mrs Mento, Mrs Gibbons (my favorite)...Miss Shershoff, Mr Milner (who made me sit in a garbage can on top of a desk because I was caught talking!), Mr Hill, the music teacher who I always thought was SO MEAN, he would take the wooden pieces off of the xylophone and say "you see this hole ehere? When I spank you with this, that's where the meat comes out!" (UGH)...I always loved the pizza at Twin Pines!
The one thing I always hated was the way the boys chased the girls and ran up behind us, humping...I hated that. Some kids I remember are, my good friend (still in touch) ZsaZsa Szucs, Steven Downey, Frank Callandro, Christine Sissmanson, Yvette Ramos, Simone Kaunitz,Diane Esposito, Eileen Martka, Wesley & Christine Bowne, Robert Danulesky, Nancy Penberthy (whose parents raised chihuahuas), Sharon & Karen McVaugh, Debbie Keupp, Randy Russ, John Zimmerman & his sister Kim...Robert Baldwin, Cathy Baldwin (no relation to Robert)...
I think most families left Brentwood to either move to a warmer climate, seemd like alot went to Florida, as did my family. And in the case of my family, to retire. My parents lived in Brentwood from 1942-1971...I think that's a pretty darned long time. They bought a motor home, we started to travel and that was that...we left. We moved to Lake County Florida, the town we moved to had a stop sign and a "mini=market"...the post office was the size of a storage shed. Even that town now has a mall, MANY more people and I wouldn't live there again either...I now live in a small town that has a few restaurants, a Wal-Mart and a couple of car dealerships. The elevation is 5000 feet, we get snow and avoid the heat of Phoenix. I like it here, but I can bet you when I get to retire, it will be different than it is now, and I will move elsewhere...and so it goes...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Nesconset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 16 min 1859Petesake 117,757
Suffolk Community College (Jul '13) 13 hr Jayar 5
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 20 hr Bruser 2,282
everett emery house and post office -- 1932 (Oct '10) Tue Ghettogasmansrmc 3
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Tue College Professor 6,391
Giant Garage Sale Tue Jose Revira 19
Memories Of Old Ronkonkoma (Jul '09) Mon okeefe_1960 86

Search the Nesconset Forum:
•••

Nesconset News Video

•••
Nesconset Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Nesconset Jobs

•••