Man led cops on two county chase at 110 mph

Full story: Newsday

When he passed the Nassau County Police Department Highway Patrol officer on the Long Island Expressway during the Tuesday night rush hour in Woodbury, police said Paul Fazio was going 110 mph.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of196
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
ex-long islander

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

Should only be allowed to ride full dress bikes on Long Island. No Yammy's,No Kawas,No Beemers, only dressers! That will put a stop to this kind of bulls**t!
paul

Centereach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

The scary thing about the comments is the mean spirited hate shown about a highly skilled rider on a Machine about one tenth the weight and bulk of your car. Motorcyclists, for obvious reasons are far more concerned with making contact with another vehicle, or anything, for that matter, than the average driver. The result being that they are far more focused and skillful than the average cell phone user, or careless daydreamer in a car or truck. Should he have been speeding? of course not! He got the book thrown at him, and learned a valuable lesson, enough, I think to satisfy any of you motorcycle haters. Yes, I am a rider, and survived 60 years of avoiding getting killed by stupid, unattentive,unskilled and nasty car and truck drivers. thanks, and have a nice day!
Stupid Drivers

Fresh Meadows, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

Bro Hughes wrote:
<quoted text>

I agree.$1500 bail? He could have easily killed multiple people. He won't show up for court. What is wrong with these judges?
I agree i don't understand y the hell they let him go on bail.... thats just crazy ... what just becaue he wasn't given enough time to kill someone.... he gets away with 1500 bail... he's so not showing up for court...
mac

Garden City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

Never know when you're going to need a butt!
Bored

Long Island City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

The cops should have corraled him to an LIRR station where he would have fallen into the LIRR gap
mac

Garden City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

Long Island Drivers suck wrote:
On Long Island, you have to do 140 to stand out. Good show, old chap. He was probably still safer than all you passive-aggressive asses who ride in the left lane doing 50 until someone tries to pass, and then you do 90 to keep them from passing. It happens every day. You know whom you are. I know, the left lane is your birthright, the more cars behind you, the more cars you lead, everyone driving slower than you is a moron, everyone driving faster than you is a maniac. If you acted the way you do on the highway in an airport line, you'd be arrested and sent to Guantanamo. Hmmm, not a bad idea. Enemy highway combatant.
And I bet every driver in TX is an expert! When will people stop thinking that their town, city, country, color, race, religion, etc. is THEE best? Get real.
Nailed To Gold

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

Nailed To Gold wrote:
This guy passed me on the LIE yesterday. He seemed to be obeying all the laws to me. I think its great that he eluded the cops (until the heli spotted him), cops need some humility once in a while.
Fellow LIer wrote:
<quoted text>
if he was obeying all the laws (and not speeding) how do you know it was him? perhaps you saw someone else.

Cops don't need humility...please, if this jerk hurt someone because of reckless driving, you'd probably be among the first to whine about how the cops weren't doing their job.
Its called sarcasm everyone.
jay

Huntington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

Maybe he was protesting the $2 tax on ciggies.
Soon2B4merLIer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

Fazio should play the lottery. That was a BIG gamble that he beat the odds on. It is against the law to drive over 55 on the LIE, even though everyone does 65 or better. 140 MPH is excessive and unsafe for the violator and those on the road with them.
Liberals Know Nada

Haledon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

Too bad speed racer didn't lose control of his bike. That would have been the best lesson for him.
joy

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

Why did'nt they just shoot out his tires and let gravity take care of the rest.
Peter

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

Bimbo Island wrote:
I thought they only drove white trash Harleys out there in Shirley & the Mastics.
Look who's talking...Jersey trash! The armpit of the USA

“Sqaud Up”

Since: Dec 06

Long Island

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>

And your answer is to just let morons like this go? I'm going out on a limb here my friend... but I'm guessing MANY more good people are killed by idiots like this driving like fools (not to mention drunk driver) than have EVER been hurt or injuried when the police do there job and try to take people off the roads before they kill someone!

It's nice to second guess the Cops... but the answer is NOT to let people like this just drive recklessly and go on their way. Sounds like the Cops did a pretty good job with this one! I hope he get back on a bike and becomes and organ donor!
I thought high speed chases were against the law now?
Hmmm

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

The cops didn't cause this moron to speed by chasing him, he was already speeding (that's how he caught their attention). A motorcycle is so dangerous and unforgiving that EMTs have a nickname for motorcyclists - "organ donors". This guy is lucky that he didn't lose control and become a stain on the road. In addition to arresting him, the cops should be able to seize and forfeit his bike, because of his recklessness, disregard for others, and just plain stupidity!
Whoa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

Bored wrote:
The cops should have corraled him to an LIRR station where he would have fallen into the LIRR gap
I love it!
WOODY from ST JAMES

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

Bro Hughes wrote:
<quoted text>

I agree.$1500 bail? He could have easily killed multiple people. He won't show up for court. What is wrong with these judges?
YO... BRO....NO JUDGE WAS INVOLVED HERE..... READ THE STORY.... HE WAS RELEASED ON STATION HOUSE BAIL..... NO JUDGE!!!!
A real Joke

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

Nailed To Gold wrote:
This guy passed me on the LIE yesterday. He seemed to be obeying all the laws to me. I think its great that he eluded the cops (until the heli spotted him), cops need some humility once in a while.
You Jerk!!!
Scott Fayden

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

Nailed To Gold wrote:
Ya I mean who cares if he happens to kill someone right?
Tina

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

I agree!!!!! This guy is a total idiot. I've seen him on a another forum, and he was saying the same idiotic crap.
tegster wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one in need of humility, mister.
kellyjam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

I always wondered what the speed limit was on the LI
highways since I watch people doing 90 and better on a regular basis. I now realize that under no circumstances can you exceed 130.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of196
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Nesconset News Video

•••
•••

Nesconset Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Nesconset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE