Woman takes plea, says lawyer's death a murder for hire

Full story: Newsday 18
The fatal shooting of a Nesconset lawyer wasn't a botched robbery but a murder for hire, said a woman charged in the death of James DiMartino as she pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in Riverhead ... Full Story
Realist

Staten Island, NY

#1 Nov 24, 2008
So what was Thornton's motive for having Mr. DiMartino murdered? What did he stand to gain?

“DESCRIBED AS A TROUBLED LONER ”

Since: Apr 08

Muskrat flats tennesee

#3 Nov 24, 2008
Killing a Lawyer, Doesnt that fall into the same category as killing a fetus? It brings into question when a soul becomes developed, and in the case of Lawyers it never happens!
hmmmm

Fairfield, CT

#4 Nov 25, 2008
money = greed.
Ronnie was always a little slimey.
Bring Back

Hillsborough, NC

#5 Nov 25, 2008
Bring back the death penalty in NY. If you are involved in ANY crime that results in a death (shooting, drunk driving, etc.) and are found guilty in a court of law and there is NO doubt you participated at ANY level, then you should be PUT TO DEATH within 6 months. The KEY word is there is NO DOUBT. SAVE OUR TAX DOLLARS and RID the earth of this scum.
Bring Back

Hillsborough, NC

#6 Nov 25, 2008
They blocked out e t c ....????
Kathy

New York, NY

#8 Nov 25, 2008
Bugsy McGraw wrote:
Killing a Lawyer, Doesnt that fall into the same category as killing a fetus? It brings into question when a soul becomes developed, and in the case of Lawyers it never happens!
Lawyers, cops, Everyone loves to hate them, until you need one. Idiot.
poconoweeze

Kunkletown, PA

#9 Nov 25, 2008
shoot em all at dawn. lawyer or not it's murder.
Bob DiNiro

Edison, NJ

#10 Nov 25, 2008
Jealousy woes
Pablo

Westbury, NY

#12 Nov 25, 2008
Blessed Messiah Obama wrote:
The sista's hair is so fine - such an attractive color. You can see why she was unable to make ends meet as an adult entertainer. My sympthies to her and Darnell. What a tragic mistake they made... they would have made such outstanding community organizers....
Just imagine the offspring that these two would produce.
BILL

United States

#13 Nov 25, 2008
Pablo wrote:
<quoted text>
Just imagine the offspring that these two would produce.
I'M sure they would come out alot like you PAAblo

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#14 Nov 25, 2008
She is an exotic dancer? Where, in a crackhouse? And that wig????????
liner

Rocky Point, NY

#15 Nov 25, 2008
poconoweeze wrote:
shoot em all at dawn. lawyer or not it's murder.
Why wait till dawn?
Concern Citizen

Bronx, NY

#16 Nov 25, 2008
What a mess, there's got to be more to this story. Why did Thornton want DiMartino killed. Was he smart enough to think to do this on his own. I think not. Who was he doing this favor for. DiMartino was broke. He left his family with no money. Wasn't there a fund raiser for the family the day before the arrest.Thornton had to know that. Who is Thornton protecting. If Thornton was down and out broke enough to do this maybe the person who hired him promised to take care of his family if he got caught and kept his mouth shut. Hmmmm something to think about.
Reverend

Center Moriches, NY

#17 Nov 25, 2008
I am so frustrated that the Suffolk County DA is relegating his offices two biggest cases to low-level DA's. What's wrong with Spota? What's going on here? The Lucero case being handled by some rookie Megan O Donnell, and the DiMartino case being handled by rookie prosecutor Nancy Clifford. Where are the big guns who usually handle the offices most complex sensitive cases? Where's Janet Albertson? Where's Denise Merrifield?
Where's John Scott Prudenti? Where's Robert Biancavilla? All of these people are A-Team prosecutors who have successfully led many prosecutions for Spota and Catterson.
Find out the facts

Deer Park, NY

#18 Nov 25, 2008
Reverend wrote:
I am so frustrated that the Suffolk County DA is relegating his offices two biggest cases to low-level DA's. What's wrong with Spota? What's going on here? The Lucero case being handled by some rookie Megan O Donnell, and the DiMartino case being handled by rookie prosecutor Nancy Clifford. Where are the big guns who usually handle the offices most complex sensitive cases? Where's Janet Albertson? Where's Denise Merrifield?
Where's John Scott Prudenti? Where's Robert Biancavilla? All of these people are A-Team prosecutors who have successfully led many prosecutions for Spota and Catterson.
Megan O'Donnell and Nancy Clifford are outstanding prosecutor's you idiot or they wouldn't be handling homicide cases! They are not low level ADA's they are top quality!
upstate bob

Norwich, NY

#19 Nov 26, 2008
HarleyRyder wrote:
She is an exotic dancer? Where, in a crackhouse? And that wig????????
that woman is so ugly,did she ever reproduce?i hope not.
Fed Up

Patchogue, NY

#20 Jan 28, 2010
The Suffolk County DA's office is one of the most corrupt in the country. It's the office of INJUSTICR!

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#21 Jan 29, 2010
Fed Up wrote:
The Suffolk County DA's office is one of the most corrupt in the country. It's the office of INJUSTICR!
I agree, they are horrible. They avoid court at all cost,
so they will plea out anything

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nesconset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr An NFL Fan 119,201
Louis Volpe 8 hr His mom 6
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 12 hr Bruser 2,345
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Sun I Hate Syracuse 1,350
How cold is it Sun ExLIer 4
Cops: Man ran gambling hall in West Babylon (Apr '08) Aug '14 Jane 17
JT's on the Bay (Jul '07) Jun '14 Lauren 5

Nesconset News Video

Nesconset Dating
Find my Match