Property tax challenges flood town go...

Property tax challenges flood town governments

There are 62 comments on the Newsday story from May 14, 2009, titled Property tax challenges flood town governments. In it, Newsday reports that:

A wave of property tax challenges across Long Island , especially in Suffolk County, is flooding town governments and prompting warnings that many homeowners could wind up paying higher rates than they expect.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
big moe 33

Durham, NC

#61 May 28, 2009
Same old same old.
big moe 33

Durham, NC

#62 May 28, 2009
get out now wrote:
<quoted text>
complain? are you kidding? Maybe if we didn't all work long hours to pay for the ludicruous budgets that are given to use to pay for overpaid teachers, overpaid admins and waste upon waste we'd have time to go to meetings. Why bother...the system is BROKE...YOU broke it...and now you want US involved to fix it?
Easier solution...VOTE NO EVERY TIME, EVERY YEAR....and don't give in. This island is a joke filled with people that REALLY think our over-priced schools are worth it..when in fact many other states/districts do it for A LOT less and produe FAR brighter students all w/out the maffia teacher unions and garbage from the school boards.
Right you are brother. Why do you think so many LI'ers are moving to places like Raleigh NC?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nesconset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 12 hr save your souls 2,834
Review: Face Off Racing (Feb '10) 12 hr nunya 221
News Steven Fangmann named president of D&B Engineer... Mon Tom Montalbano 1
Moving To Patchogue ? (Oct '14) Feb 18 Move 15
Villa Lombardi's Nightmare Review (Sep '10) Feb 18 Craig 5
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Feb 17 Joespizza 1,522
attn Adoptees and Birthparents & Siblings Reunite! (Jan '12) Feb 17 joan 39

Nesconset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nesconset Mortgages