Property tax challenges flood town governments

Full story: Newsday 62
A wave of property tax challenges across Long Island , especially in Suffolk County, is flooding town governments and prompting warnings that many homeowners could wind up paying higher rates than they expect. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
waytogo

Holyoke, MA

#1 May 14, 2009
just great living on long island with its highest paid police and teachers on the planet...overpriced housing, overcrowded streets, and mucho illegals make it all worth while..... thank goodness the politicians can be counted on to look out for the little people....
VVV

Oklahoma City, OK

#2 May 14, 2009
get rid of all the politicians in power on LI, none have the stones to step up and face the problems. LI Mafia School districts run LI.
Politicians on LI are a DIME A DOZEN. fact.
VVV

Oklahoma City, OK

#3 May 14, 2009
revolt

Westport, CT

#4 May 14, 2009
10.4 billion dollars in school budgets. Do you get it people, tiime to vote this budgets down.
enough

Flushing, NY

#5 May 14, 2009
Thats why im leaving this tax ridden zoo
File every year

New York, NY

#6 May 14, 2009
Learn to do it yourself and file every year. I've been doing it for five years. I met someone who's filed on his own behalf for 16 years and done quite well over time. If you DON'T try, you'll never know!
School budgets

New York, NY

#7 May 14, 2009
Voting down school budgets is simply reactionary. You need to go to the budget meetings and ask questions and offer suggestions. Most school boards do not have much input from taxpayers until the taxpayers complain, complain, complain. But they do nothing until they can complain again. Stop whining and go to the meetings.
revolt

Westport, CT

#8 May 14, 2009
I do attend many meetings and I always vote NO NO NO.

Increases in Budgets every year are for teachers salaries and not our kids.
Easy

AOL

#9 May 14, 2009
Flat Tax
Publius

Woodmere, NY

#10 May 14, 2009
Beautiful!

Bring government and their waste and lies to a screeching halt.

You never know how a real honest to goodness tax revolt will get started, but it begins with something like this.

Drag them and their scams into the light of day, and watch the little critters run for the dark.

Don't be lazy, don't get frustrated, don't give in.

Treat it like a big happy game and things can change.
revolt

Westport, CT

#11 May 14, 2009
consumption tax.
Suozzi

Mountain View, CA

#12 May 14, 2009
I can fix it because I broke it.

Vote for me!
T-Bone

Brooklyn, NY

#13 May 14, 2009
When are the Teacher and Police unions going to get it ?? The taxpayers pay their salaries and benefits and we are FED UP with the rising property taxes. they are forcing us out of our homes !!!!! Please Mr. Levy step in and put these unions in their place !! Save Suffolk County !!
T-Bone

Springfield, TN

#14 May 14, 2009
This coming May 19.......vote NO. Contact your school superintendent and tell him to take a pay CUT!! the only way to get results is to NOT pay your property taxes. Dont Pay !! Tell the highest paid Police to make some concessions !! We pay their salaries and benefits. TAX REVOLT IS COMING TO SUFFOLK COUNTY!!
catinhat

New York, NY

#15 May 14, 2009
from the story:
"Nassau and Suffolk, with 15 percent of the state's population, accounted last year for 85 percent of all tax-assessment challenges filed in courts statewide."

I wonder how much of the state's revenue comes from these two counties.
Semper Fi

Milltown, NJ

#16 May 14, 2009
Is Suozzi out of his mind? Why in the world is he advocating countywide assessing for suffolk county when its been a dismal failure in nassau county?!? Nassau leads the state in having the highest percentage of tax challenges. These politicians & state bureaucrats are leading NY on the path to doom!
Dan

Bridgeport, CT

#17 May 14, 2009
www.seethroughny.net

Take a look at where your tax dollars go.
Vote NO

New Rochelle, NY

#18 May 14, 2009
and stop wasting your time here venting, just get out and vote you pack of lazy beer drinking tv watching fat loads! burp
east meadow jets

Fort Bragg, NC

#19 May 14, 2009
one way or another, they are going to get ya, get ya, get ya....one wahy or another

challenge all you want yor pay 1% on 400k house...or pay 2% on a 300k house...either way you will pay

its a guarantee
DARKLE

Bronx, NY

#20 May 14, 2009
The governor better stop sitting on his hands, and the NYState Legislature, too, and start to act to LOWER TAXES on Long Island!

100 of rampant Republican rule and creation of corrupt district to milk taxpayer money for everybody and their uncle involved with them has cost Long Islanders trillions of tax money, so that a few of them can live "high on the hog" while the rest of us are "holding the bag" for their high salaries, perks and luxyries.

Enough already! It's time to consolidate districts and lower the taxes on over-taxed property owners. Dump the districts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nesconset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 hr Tim Osman 118,213
Giant Garage Sale 14 hr Big Daddy 20
EX Selden Resident Don Iarussi Chases Angelina ... (Feb '07) 18 hr bluepastry 5
Poll: Who Makes The Best Burger in Patchogue? 19 hr patchogue resident 1
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 19 hr Ha Ha 6,445
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Sun Jimmy Rustle 676
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Sep 21 truth 759
•••

Nesconset News Video

•••
•••

Nesconset Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Nesconset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Nesconset News, Events & Info