Suffolk officials back appeal to worker status ban

Full story: Newsday 60
Suffolk legislators Tuesday secretly voted to appeal a state Supreme Court judge's decision that blocked the county's worker status bill, though their decision is likely to draw another lawsuit. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
LICICE

Rockaway, NJ

#41 Jun 11, 2008
Charlene Obernauer wrote:
The fact is that E-Verify has been proven to be a flawed system, and all immigrants, regardless of whether they are documented or not are being screened. The Legislators who voted against IR 1479 did so because of the flaws within E-Verify itself, and the ways in which it would endanger all immigrants, not just undocumented ones.
Did you know if an applicant comes back as a no match they have 90 days to fix it. It is not like a no match comes back and they get fired. THEY HAVE 90 DAYS TO FIX IT. That takes care of that problem. The head of CIS just said yesterday they fixed the system to a point that it is now 99.5% effective. Another problem fixed.

STOP TRYING TO MAKE EXCUSES. THE AMERICAN PUBLIC WANTS ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION ENDED NOW.
LICICE

Rockaway, NJ

#42 Jun 11, 2008
The fact is that E-Verify has been proven to be a flawed system, and all immigrants, regardless of whether they are documented or not are being screened. The Legislators who voted against IR 1479 did so because of the flaws within E-Verify itself, and the ways in which it would endanger all immigrants, not just undocumented ones.
Oh and one more thing Charlene, if you think they voted against the bill because of the flaws in E-Verify, there is some swamp land I'd like to sell you. They voted against the bill because they always side with the illegals and their open borders advocates.
Tired Old Man

AOL

#43 Jun 11, 2008
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Right. It's all about fear of the unknown. The truth is they wouldn't be assaulted. Ask any contractor, and I know many, and they will tell you they can't find enough American kids to work and show up every day. It's a real problem. They are forced to hire the day laborers. They show up every day and they work. And, I don't think $80 to $100 a day is underpaying them...
Frank you don't get it your contractor friend dosn't hire illegals because he can't get legal workers, he hires them because he saves money. On a $100.00 a day worker he puts $26.00 a day per worker in his pocket instead of paying taxes and ssi. Do the math it as about money not legal or ilegal workers. Your contractor friend would hire a terrorist if it made him more money.
no mas cucarachas

Scarsdale, NY

#44 Jun 11, 2008
When I was growing up back in the 70s, we were bombarded with stories and data about how there was a population explosion, and couples should only have two children, and how were we going to feed all these people. Well, 50 MILLION ABORTIONS LATER, it seems we needed those kids to be born after all, because you never hear a peep out of the Illegal alien supporters about the population explosion.
Spuds

Wichita, KS

#45 Jun 11, 2008
Not to pick on you, but in reading your post I thought that argument to be horse squeeze.

I've seen judges turn down this type of legislation before for this reason ..

allow the person an easy appeal .. only people with nothing to hide would show up anyway

Cut them off from employment !! The rest will take care of itself
Marie

Bronx, NY

#46 Jun 11, 2008
American Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
What a crock . He isn't trying very hard . I know of teens in the Mastic, Shirley area who would love to get a job making $80- 100 per day . Who is the contractor ? I will have them apply .
I am sure there are men who lost their jobs who would also like a job making that kind of money.
Or does the contractor abuse his workers and realize that the illegals will work way to hard in order to keep their job .
Quite a few of these illegals if they are given amnesty wil be our future cases of workers collecting disability because of the abuse of their bodies by greedy contactors wanting a job finished exrta fast to save money.
Tell the kids you know in Mastic Shirley to call any landscape contractor in the Yellow Pages and see if they are looking for help...
Rob

Bronx, NY

#47 Jun 11, 2008
Tired Old Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Frank you don't get it your contractor friend dosn't hire illegals because he can't get legal workers, he hires them because he saves money. On a $100.00 a day worker he puts $26.00 a day per worker in his pocket instead of paying taxes and ssi. Do the math it as about money not legal or ilegal workers. Your contractor friend would hire a terrorist if it made him more money.
Not quite right, my friend. The worker pays the taxes not his employer. The employer just deducts it from his salary.
pat

AOL

#48 Jun 11, 2008
IT IS IMPERATIVE TO GET THE ILLEGIALS OUT OF THE WORK FORCE. THEY ARE UNDERMINING THE AMERICNA WORKER. TIME FOE THEM TO GO HOME...
Rob

Bronx, NY

#49 Jun 11, 2008
pat wrote:
IT IS IMPERATIVE TO GET THE ILLEGIALS OUT OF THE WORK FORCE. THEY ARE UNDERMINING THE AMERICNA WORKER. TIME FOE THEM TO GO HOME...
OK. Let's get Congress to make them legal. Problem solved!
Bill

Morristown, NJ

#50 Jun 11, 2008
What country in central america does Legis Montano represent? He surely does not represent Americans
PJR

Williston Park, NY

#51 Jun 12, 2008
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Right. It's all about fear of the unknown. The truth is they wouldn't be assaulted. Ask any contractor, and I know many, and they will tell you they can't find enough American kids to work and show up every day. It's a real problem. They are forced to hire the day laborers. They show up every day and they work. And, I don't think $80 to $100 a day is underpaying them...
When you consider the hours they work, approx 12 a day (I know a lot of contractors too) they are definitely being underpaid.

And if you think these guys wouldn't fight for their space on that corner you're living in a fantasy world.
Jane from Babylon

Washington, DC

#52 Jun 12, 2008
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>Not quite right, my friend. The worker pays the taxes not his employer. The employer just deducts it from his salary.
wrong, they both are supposed to pay taxes: income from the worker and payroll from the employer.
Ron

Scarsdale, NY

#53 Jun 12, 2008
Jane from Babylon wrote:
<quoted text>wrong, they both are supposed to pay taxes: income from the worker and payroll from the employer.
Jane, Payroll taxes are income taxes...
gary-bayshore

Bronx, NY

#54 Jun 13, 2008
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>OK. Let's get Congress to make them legal. Problem solved!
why? let them go through the process like others before them did.they overburden every agency (police, schools,and hospitals)in the towns where they live. the have the balls to demand rights,you want rights.then go through the process.then and only then will the rights of an american citizen apply to you.
Jane from Babylon

Washington, DC

#55 Jun 13, 2008
Ron wrote:
<quoted text>Jane, Payroll taxes are income taxes...
yes, but the employer pays it and not the employee
PJR

Williston Park, NY

#56 Jun 16, 2008
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>Not quite right, my friend. The worker pays the taxes not his employer. The employer just deducts it from his salary.
Jane wrote:
wrong, they both are supposed to pay taxes: income from the worker and payroll from the employer.

I'd say you're both mistaken in this case. We're talking about illegals here - no one is paying payroll tax since thay aren't getting TIN's from any of these guys.
Spuds

Wichita, KS

#57 Jun 16, 2008
What does Mexico do with their illegal immigrants ??

MEXICO CITY (AP)-- Police say they have found 154 illegal migrants inside a semitrailer. Federal police official Arturo Herrera says many of the migrants were suffering from severe dehydration after spending nearly a week cramped inside the semitrailer.

Herrera says police stopped the rig along a highway in the Gulf state of Tabasco. Inside the tractor-trailer, authorities found 140 Guatemalans, seven Ecuadoreans, four Hondurans, two Salvadorans and one Chinese.

The driver was detained and the migrants were turned over to immigration authorities for deportation.
You gotta be kidding

Glen Cove, NY

#58 Jul 3, 2008
I used to be a landscaper. The reason I am not anymore is simple. I cannot afford it. I was making 100 a day in 1990. Its 2008.

Its about cheap labor. Do not hand me the BS.

Can't find white kids to work? BAH! I know twenty landscapers all squeezed out by cheap labor.
Ray Pammond

Long Beach, NY

#59 Jul 4, 2008
Clean out the legislature. Start with Montano, Fisher, Barraga and Browning. But that's next year. This year get anti-American, pro-illegal Phil Ramos out of the Assembly. Support Waldo Cabrera in the primary.
Fritz Nolan

Long Beach, NY

#60 Aug 1, 2008
I'm for WALDO.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nesconset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 hr Mandela 118,283
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 5 hr friv4school 6,466
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 16 hr NAVYVET 760
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 16 hr NAVYVET 6,391
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 18 hr Bruser 2,298
what companies are hiring? 20 hr holbrook resident 2
Smihtown Library Budget Vote Sep 28 rriis 1

Nesconset News Video

Nesconset Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Nesconset Jobs

Nesconset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Nesconset News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Nesconset