Suffolk residents describe drug addic...

Suffolk residents describe drug addiction's impact

There are 78 comments on the Newsday story from Nov 7, 2008, titled Suffolk residents describe drug addiction's impact. In it, Newsday reports that:

The mother stood in front of a room filled with neighbors and told the story of her son's heroin addiction.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

ReRe

Weehawken, NJ

#44 Nov 8, 2008
Meth is already here. It's just not that popular yet. Give it time. Whoever said there needs to be hrasher penalties for drug dealers was right. But at the same time, its not just the dealers fault the kids are addicts. It your, mine, ours, theirs. Everyone needs to work together & stop arguing. If all you who know the answers stop critizing the parents & share your knowledge on how to keep kids safe & off drugs....maybe they would have half a chance of not getting into them.

BTW...Vermont isn't the only state...its here too. Sex offenders get sentences of 6 months & tax evaders get years. For whatever reason, obviously the law is screwed up. But don't forget about when the dealers do get pinched & they have a choice of a longer sentence or ratting on others. It's so screwed up. But instead of trying to place the blame on everyone we can think of, let's work together & help our kids.
stevie Levy lies

Valley Stream, NY

#46 Nov 8, 2008
Good move by Stevie Levy to eliminate the DARE program in our schools!!!!!!!!!!
ReRe

Weehawken, NJ

#47 Nov 9, 2008
Pay Attention...you cannot become addicted after using anything ONE time. You may think you're addicted, but physical addiction isn't after one time use. Mental sure, but not physical. Physical dependency is so horrible & scary. Physical addiction doesn't happen with all drugs either. Crack & meth are things you cannot get physically dependent upon. Definitely mentally! But that's usually the hardest part, fighting the mental addiction.

Death Race...do you even have children? It seems like you just was to rant and rave. Are you in the law enforcement or chemical dependency fields?
nyscam

AOL

#48 Nov 9, 2008
GOVERNMENT SPONSORED ADDICTIONS.Since they failed in their war against drugs,why not get a peice of the action.Vicodin and oxycotin the new gateway drugs to heroin.A scam pulled off on the masses for the best interest of pharmaceutical companys that our government protects without impunity with the patriot act.It's all about the lobbyist and big business doing what is best for them at the expense of the American people.
wow

South Salem, NY

#49 Nov 9, 2008
The problem is the drug dealers and drug kids have more rights then the people trying to fight it. When I was a kid if I did something wrong I got my a** handed to me as a kid. If I mouthed off to a cop or teacher I got my a** handed to me by that individual. When I got home I got my a** handed to me again by my parents when they found out. My parents did not pick up the phone call 1-800-lawyers and say I was unjustly beaten and that there little angel would never do anything like that. I learned to shut my mouth be respectful and do what i was told. Thanks mom and dad...
Miss Forrest Gump

Bronx, NY

#50 Nov 10, 2008
Death Race wrote:
<quoted text>
Itís called being alert and attentive to whatís going on. Something of which you know noting about. You must have been in denial when you got hit with reality. Not everyone toddles around obliviously.
You don't know me so you cannot say that. When someone wants to hide something, they can. That does not make me in denial or not alert. You are an ignorant jack-ass.
Miss Forrest Gump

Bronx, NY

#51 Nov 10, 2008
Tired of the nonsense wrote:
<quoted text>
Me dopey? Nah
If the parents are users then they are IDIOTS too!
I didn't say anthing about PARENTS. I said ADULTS.
Miss Forrest Gump

Bronx, NY

#52 Nov 10, 2008
Miss C wrote:
<quoted text>
This article is about parents who are sharing their stories of everyday battles with their children in hopes of saving others, and you have the guts to degrade them? Yes, parents do need to be informed and do need to speak with their children about these drugs at an early age, but it doesn't stop there. Oxycodone, heroin - kids try these ONCE and are hooked. No matter what their parents have taught them, some (not all) will still try it anyway. And what about all the parents that do call the police and the police do NOTHING..we need to get these drugs out of our schools and communities. We need to keep informing parents with meetings such as the one written about in this article - we need to educate parents about the warning signs and where to get help. We need to push our police to do something about this, instead of covering it up so that it doesn't make our towns look "bad".
Thank you! I am that parent that this person tried to demean. But I know better than try to reason with an idiot. My child was prescribed medication by his DOCTOR! for back pain from playing football and lacrosse in school. So it can happen to anyone no matter what age, gender, or economic position.
Miss Forrest Gump

Bronx, NY

#53 Nov 10, 2008
Death Race wrote:
<quoted text>
If calling them blind and oblivious is degrading, then yes, I am. The speaking motherís own words were "You've got to get your head out of the sandĒ.
Doing a drug once does not cause addiction. The little idiots do it to the point of addiction because mom and dad are blind and let it happen.
What are the police to do anyway? They canít make an arrest unless someone is caught selling drugs or is in possession when stopped for something else. Donít expect them to do the parentís job.
If little Johnny is doing drugs, itís most likely because mommy and daddy werenít there enough in the first place and expected others to watch him and occupy his time.
You donít need to inform parents of meetings. By that time itís too late. Parents need to be alert and be parents, not friends. Wake up parents, itís Friday night and Junior is getting high.
Death Racer, is that a picture of a rodent? Then it must be you.
Joey Boots

Riverhead, NY

#54 Nov 10, 2008
There is a reason they call it RONCRACKOMA. No surprise here.
Tired of the nonsense

Jamaica, NY

#55 Nov 10, 2008
Miss Forrest Gump wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say anthing about PARENTS. I said ADULTS.
What does it matter ADULT/PARENTS.

Either one USER=Loser!
mr mike

Freeport, NY

#56 Nov 10, 2008
My Opinion wrote:
It is amazing that the drug use continues to rise in this day and age. Just a tip from a local resident, the police need to be aware of 2 places....Ronkonkoma near the middle school and colony park apts.>. there is a "suspicous" guy ( not kid) that has a huge tattoo on his neck and rides around ..looking. Also on Bohemia in the IGA?CVS shopping ctr. there is a Black man ( not a kid) that rides around on his bike that deals drugs..he rides around the entire shopping ctr.little creepy...i actually saw him hand off a bag w/ white stuff in it....where are the cops....no offense , you can see he doesnt belong to the neighborhood.....especially with his behavior ..always on pay phones and looking around......Keep your eyes open and be careful!
yo douche bag!..he lives on ocean ave....what a racist comment...get the facts straight before u have something to say...and as for him selling drugs....u got to be an bohemia racist
anonymous

Levittown, NY

#58 Nov 11, 2008
i can be killed for this but... new york's heroin is coming from Jamal al-Durrah's poppy farm in Afghanistan. it is sold to the middle men for 1/10 the price in america and taxed 10% by the taliban. They then dilute the dope until it is only 10%- 8% pure. They supply the stamps "American Gangster" & "BlockBuster" the middlemen/smugglers are Frank Lucas, George Jacob Jung, Leslie "Ike" Atkinson & Lesane Parish Crooks.
(Leslie Atkinson lives in Nesconset and supplies the majority of Suffolks Heroin supply)
My Opinion

AOL

#59 Nov 12, 2008
mr mike wrote:
<quoted text>yo **** bag!..he lives on ocean ave....what a racist comment...get the facts straight before u have something to say...and as for him selling drugs....u got to be an bohemia racist
Yo A#*hole.....i dont give a S H I T where he leaves...i have seen him deal. probably to you ..you piece of crap loser.
My Opinion

AOL

#60 Nov 12, 2008
mr mike wrote:
<quoted text>yo **** bag!..he lives on ocean ave....what a racist comment...get the facts straight before u have something to say...and as for him selling drugs....u got to be an bohemia racist
and yes I meant lives....please just because he might live in the area does not mean a thing..like they dont deal drugs where they live....has nothign to do w/ being racist you idiot...it's a fact. these people (druggies) have no problem S h i t t i n g where they sleep

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#61 Nov 13, 2008
mr mike wrote:
<quoted text>yo douche bag!..he lives on ocean ave....what a racist comment...get the facts straight before u have something to say...and as for him selling drugs....u got to be an bohemia racist
What was the racist remark? I think I missed it.

BTW...Bad mouthing each other isn't going to help the situation. You all are so ignorant to the obvious & need to figure out a way to help one another, instead of blaming and bashing.
My Opinion

AOL

#62 Nov 13, 2008
RE_RE wrote:
<quoted text>
What was the racist remark? I think I missed it.
BTW...Bad mouthing each other isn't going to help the situation. You all are so ignorant to the obvious & need to figure out a way to help one another, instead of blaming and bashing.
good point....I did nto thik I had made a racist remark.....but because I described the man as black/african american the other reader assumed I was white and being racist....which I was not. I did describe the other guy as being white w/ a big tattoo on his neck.....I uess I must be prejudice against tattoo's then too. I was blamaing....I was stating a fact that I saw 2 peopel doing these things....5th preceint turns a blind eye alot over here!

Location hidden

#64 Nov 13, 2008
My Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
good point....I did nto thik I had made a racist remark.....but because I described the man as black/african american the other reader assumed I was white and being racist....which I was not. I did describe the other guy as being white w/ a big tattoo on his neck.....I uess I must be prejudice against tattoo's then too. I was blamaing....I was stating a fact that I saw 2 peopel doing these things....5th preceint turns a blind eye alot over here!
I thought that was the 4th. Anywhere else we (concerned citizens) should look out for?
eightball

Cold Spring Harbor, NY

#66 Nov 13, 2008
Give 'em all the junk they want. With luck, they'll kill themselves in short order.
http://www.iraq-war.ru/article/180905

Location hidden

#67 Nov 14, 2008
Why bother posting anything if you just want to bash the kids? Why not try helping them???????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nesconset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 5 hr Bruser 2,822
Ralphs Fishing Station 20 hr Bald man 22
The loud music is out control in Brentwood (Aug '14) Dec 11 Delonte 11
Memories Of Old Ronkonkoma (Jul '09) Dec 11 Jayar 127
News 1 pedestrian dead, another hurt in separate acc... Dec 10 Douglas santafe 2
News 41 undocumented immigrants arrested in NY amid ... (Feb '17) Dec 10 Steve Levy 26
Moving To Patchogue ? (Oct '14) Dec 10 Keith Hackney 11

Nesconset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nesconset Mortgages