Family of slain Nesconset man tries t...

Family of slain Nesconset man tries to understand why

There are 10 comments on the Newsday story from Oct 24, 2008, titled Family of slain Nesconset man tries to understand why. In it, Newsday reports that:

On the walls of the DiMartino family's den in Nesconset, which is littered with toys and children's books, hang mottos about home and purpose.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ruthie

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Oct 24, 2008
sad

“Melissa says, "om"”

Since: Apr 08

Suffolk County

#2 Oct 24, 2008
I feel so sad for his children.

Since: Apr 08

AOL

#3 Oct 24, 2008
SUFFOLK HOMICIDE DETECTIVES.....LETS GO ON THIS ONE.....SHOW US WHAT YOU CAN DO!!!!!
Sad

Baldwin, NY

#4 Oct 24, 2008
I was on that road yesterday at about the same time of day. There is so much traffic passing by. The spot where he was found was only feet from this busy road. Someone must have seen something. It's hard to believe no one saw anything out of the ordinary that day.
Hopefully

Raleigh, NC

#5 Oct 24, 2008
Sad wrote:
I was on that road yesterday at about the same time of day. There is so much traffic passing by. The spot where he was found was only feet from this busy road. Someone must have seen something. It's hard to believe no one saw anything out of the ordinary that day.
Hopefully. But wouldn't they make a 911 call immediately? So many people are so unaware of everything going on around them when they're driving, it's possible the actually shooting wasn't seen. But hopefully someone will remember a car pulling out eratically or someone running.
Sympathy to the entire family.
Onewhoknows

East Meadow, NY

#6 Oct 24, 2008
I read in the article that he was a realestate lawyer, Maybe he had something to do with the subprime mortage industry and pissed someone off. My heart goes out to his family.

Hopefully Suffolk P.D. will DO their JOB this time around!!!!!
unbelievable

New York, NY

#7 Oct 24, 2008
feel terrible for this family...
Frank

New York, NY

#9 Oct 24, 2008
Probably have to call in the Suffolk County Sheriff's Department to solve this.

Are the highway guys still whining and complaining about having to actually respond to calls and do work? It's amazing that not one civilian complained about these highway guys getting yanked out of their cake jobs. Shave the mustaches and stop whining.
Mavricky

Milford, CT

#11 Oct 24, 2008
Why wrote:
The family wants to know why?
I'll tell you why. Because we live in a f_uc-ke-d up world today where human life just isn't worth much. No one cares about anyone else, unless a tragic event happens and then all of a sudden, people care. People don't care, no one cares. Your politicians don't care, they only want your vote, and they'll tell you whatever you want to hear to get it. We live in a disposable society. We take and take and take, and want and want and want, and we waste, waste, waste. And it never crosses our minds how detached we are from what's important, until it's too late.
This guy was killed because just like the trash we throw out into the garbage, we too are disposable. Think I'm wrong? If I was wrong, this wouldn't happen everyday like it does. And tommorow, people will wake up and no one will care again, except you and the other families it has happened to, and the families it will happen to tommorow and the day after that etc., It might even be my family. Who knows, hopefully not, but that's reality and the society we live in.
We live in the world of flesh where all life is eventually disposed of. This is nature and it is human nature as it has always been. Its sad, its something we must strive to improve, but it is not a new thing! When Pharaoh died he took his pets, slaves, and servants with him to the grave. When the Emperor wanted to celebrate he threw people into an arena and tore them apart. When the crusaders attacked muslim towns on the way to Jerusalem, they raped and killed its women and children, in Jerusalem they made rivers of blood flow in the street, as did the Gauls, the Vikings, the Monguls, because such was the nature of ancient warfare. When Hitler rose to power he threw millions in the gas chambers. When America warred with Japan we nuked two of their cities. This of course only scratches the surface of the history of our ability to dispose of human life.

We were given the ten commandments thousands of years ago because we needed them thousands of years ago too!
Centereach Parent

Mamaroneck, NY

#12 Oct 24, 2008
My heart goes out to the whole family. I hope they find who did this horrific thing. It said in the article that he was going to a meeting, after he left his home. So maybe that would shed some light on this senseless killing. Let's all pray for the family and friends. He is in a better place. God Bless them all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nesconset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Golf course manager faces charges of bill fraud (Dec '07) Mon Fedup 25
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Sun bruser 2,676
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Sep 24 Van Buren St Guy 1,425
Memories Of Old Ronkonkoma (Jul '09) Sep 21 padillav 112
Police log Sep 18 kristen 4
News New suicide prevention strategies for homosexua... Sep 18 Imprtnrd 17
News 3rd suspect in murder of 2 men found dismembered (Aug '08) Sep 16 Dindu 183

Nesconset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nesconset Mortgages