Ex-Smithtown building director arrest...

Ex-Smithtown building director arrested in probe

There are 26 comments on the Newsday story from May 7, 2008, titled Ex-Smithtown building director arrested in probe. In it, Newsday reports that:

In a grand jury corruption probe that Suffolk prosecutors say continues to widen, the former head of Smithtown's building department was arrested yesterday on a multicount indictment that includes charges of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fraudulent Justice

Yaphank, NY

#22 May 7, 2008
Sandra Peddie could have written about the corruption of Huntington Town Officials who doctored and with some neglected to even file financial disclosure forms.

Huntington town government corruption goes back a long long way. Yet the DA's and AG's are politicians not law enforcement agents for the public citizenry like they should be.
justified

Patchogue, NY

#26 May 8, 2008
it gets better and better.Will this result in lower taxes next year? Combined with all the fraud in the school districts coming out also we should be on easy street next year.HAHA
Spike

Bronx, NY

#27 May 8, 2008
HarleyRider wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, did they go to trial, get found guilty, and sentenced? Or did they make an agreement with the DA?
They went to trial and then folded. They should have made a deal with the DA but the lawyer screwed up and it cost his client 2 years out of his life.
Smiles

Plainview, NY

#28 May 8, 2008
So Dumb wrote:
<quoted text>
Then open your big fat EFFIN mouth and SAY SOMETHING you EFFIN p u s s y. I'm so tired of hearing people complain about having been extorted and they say or do nothing about it. I'd love to have some W0P tell me I had to pay him cash in an envelope. I'd beat his fat pathetic face so badly.
Either say something or say nothing.
I did complain to his superiors and to the town supervisor. After they assisted me in getting my paperwork, I thanked them for their assistance.

Thank you so much for your kind comments. Unfortunately, your colorful comments said more about you than the newsday article. Good luck in prison.
st james king

Bayonne, NJ

#29 May 8, 2008
you people are all paothetic who care if some builder gave some buddy some $$$$ to get things done in the real world this is everyday buissiness the suffolk county da office should fight real crime and get there heads out of rhere ass and stop wasting are tax payer $$$ on this BS
Life Long Townie

Melville, NY

#30 May 9, 2008
Uh, King, the problem is that regualr people who go to make home improvements, etc. are being treated poorly and have to go through a painful and costly process with these goons, and that's just doing it the right way. The sad thing is that even after paying tons of fees, they still reject you and keep your money. It's a racket. You must be one of the people receiving favors. Maybe we should take a closer look at you? This isn't over, and there is going to be more to come.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nesconset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Face Off Racing (Feb '10) 6 hr benjamin dover 215
News Officer Wright, Third Precinct (Feb '07) 12 hr aferna12 2
News Smithtown parishioners planning protest of chur... (Aug '07) Fri Petrol Poroshankh... 1,819
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Thu ianstein 1,434
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Dec 8 Bruser 2,709
Public Safety SCCC Selden Dec 7 This is fun 5
News Islip Supervisor: Town pay raises were approved... Dec 7 recall vote know 12

Nesconset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nesconset Mortgages