Jerry Lee Lewis Is 'Last Man Standing'

Full story: Newsday.com 10
Jerry Lee Lewis' hardheaded life of self-destructive recklessness -- filled with drugs, booze, scandal and broken marriages -- didn't seem like it would be the formula for a long career. Full Story
chs84

Dallas, TX

#1 Sep 14, 2006
Jerry Lee Lewis IS "The Killer" and the last man standing, unless you also count "The Master of Space and Time", LEON RUSSELL.
It was The Killer Himself who gave Leon Russell his very first gig, at the age of fourteen.
Somewhere in America, Leon Russell is playing his heart out tonight.

http://deepfreezevideo.com
shellman

United States

#2 Sep 19, 2006
in response to comments about the kller being the last man standing---he has defied all logic, expectations and luck to have made it this long,,,however, I saw him in woverhamptom, uk in august and dont think he will be standing for long........ but he has surprised us all the last few decades so who knows???????
LAphoto2006

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Oct 15, 2006
"The Killer" was at Hollywood live promotion event with hundrets fans chearing here is link my blog and photos of event and there you find link to video from event
chs84 wrote:
Jerry Lee Lewis IS "The Killer" and the last man standing, unless you also count "The Master of Space and Time", LEON RUSSELL.
It was The Killer Himself who gave Leon Russell his very first gig, at the age of fourteen.
Somewhere in America, Leon Russell is playing his heart out tonight.
http://deepfreezevideo.com
LAphoto2006

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Oct 15, 2006
here is link Jerry Lee Lewis event at Hollywood Oct 12 2006
http://americanidolredcarpet.blogspot.com/
Marla

Chicago, IL

#5 Oct 16, 2006
Oh Please, the Stones just visited us here in Chicago last week, with temperatures at freezing. They were at Soldier Field (outside for those of you unfamiliar with Chicago), and surprised everyone with a beautiful experience.
Then I read the article from writer in Ohio who took the Stones experience,(that had been locally compared to a JJL show in the 60's)and drudge up a show that JJL stood up some 50 years ago. Now, here is my input, pal.

Jerry was due to show up at the Hammond Civic Center, Hammond, Indiana in the mid 80's. A bunch of us,(in our 20's), were looking forward to seeing the Killer. I was enlisted to get the tickets. No problem, BUT I found out, you'd have to stand in the freezing weather just to get tickets. SO- I called and confirmed the ticket opening and called a second time, just to be sure,(I knew my beast), and one guy asked me, "You'd actually stand in this freezing weather for his tickets?", I responded, Hell yes, just in case he DOES show up.... Needless to say, he didn't,(He was ill, then, and damned near died) And I have never complained, or wrote to anybody, till now.
These comments about JJL and his lifestyle, as opposed to say, the Stones, or any other entertainer, just ticks me off. They all have flaws, they all have talent, and unless you hear otherwise, they are all human. JJL just doesn't care what kind of telescope you put on him, it's his life.

Gainesville, TX

#6 Jul 12, 2009
And so... "The Killer Rocks On!!!" ...still.......

Russellville, AR

#8 Sep 23, 2009
Long Live the Killer!

Since: Sep 09

Russia

#9 Sep 28, 2009
Jerry Lee Lewis is a great rock 'n' roller who has lasted the course. I have seen him on stage many times throughout the years. He always puts on a great show. His 'Sun' Studio tracks are some of the best ever recorded.
troyphill

Jamestown, TN

#10 Mar 22, 2010
Jerry Lee is an inspiration to us all. I been a fan for years
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#11 Mar 24, 2010
Like many can say, I sat in with Jerry at Hernando's Hideaway and at the Hot Air Balloon when it was open on Madison here in Memphis. He can't or won't play a song the same way twice, can't or won't play as good as his original, is stuck on himself and never, that I know of, plays in sharps or flats on the piano. I saw him the first time in the mid '50's and at 65 I still admire his ability and talent but don't care to ever pick with him again. He's too proud of himself to be the least bit humble, BUT, here's to ya, Killer !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nesbit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Olive Branch a good place to live-answer hon... (Sep '08) 22 hr Tominftl 61
Looking for a Kendall Coleman? Fri Pear a son chick 1
Review: Wadsworth William M MD (Feb '14) Dec 22 rooster 4
Debate: Marijuana - Southaven, MS (Aug '10) Dec 21 D. Ross 23
U S Nails Dec 19 guest 3
need rsvp codes from gofobo movie screenings? (Dec '10) Dec 17 Need code for mov... 300
How do stop ur husband from getting online dati... (Dec '11) Dec 16 spiritwife 62
Nesbit Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Nesbit People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Nesbit News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Nesbit

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:08 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:08PM