Comments
21 - 37 of 37 Comments Last updated Feb 12, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dude

Cambridge, IL

#22 Sep 8, 2012
Keep carnival but have wristband day like the fair does.
Herewego

Princeton, IL

#24 Sep 8, 2012
Shirley wrote:
I don't like the mud volleyball people makin' a rucus... they're gonna ruin hog days for everyone !! I watched guys drinking beer and urinating behind trees all day long !!! I was going to video tape it and take it to the next council meeting! Next year, if it doesn't stop !!
Are you sure you are talking about Hog Days and not your family runion?
big colored guy

Waterloo, IA

#25 Nov 19, 2012
so by evolving does that mean they should allow foodstamps for tickets and food?
Damn Right

Princeton, IL

#26 Nov 20, 2012
Billy Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Your BRILLIANT !!!! YES... lets take a tradition we've had for nearly 60 yrs and completely change it !! You MUST be the same person that had the GREAT idea of bringing Walmart to Kewanee, so we could turn the downtown area, into an authentic ghost town !!!! I just LOVE seeing the tumbleweeds when they roll past the saloons. I think that a "gay themed" parade would be awesome too !!!! Your a GENIUS !!!!!!!!!!
8 years???? The carnival has been the same since at least 1980.
Billy Bob

Peoria, IL

#27 Nov 20, 2012
Damn Right wrote:
<quoted text>
8 years???? The carnival has been the same since at least 1980.
8 yrs....Where did you come up with that number ??????????
Shirley

Peoria, IL

#28 Nov 20, 2012
Herewego wrote:
<quoted text>Are you sure you are talking about Hog Days and not your family runion?
My bad ! I'm sorry !! That was my family reunion !!
maro

Rockford, IL

#29 Nov 20, 2012
Maybe if the women didn't fit the title of hog days people wouldn't complain as much.
In Living Color

Kewanee, IL

#31 Nov 21, 2012
maro wrote:
Maybe if the women didn't fit the title of hog days people wouldn't complain as much.
Sho 'Nuff
maro

West Bend, WI

#32 Nov 24, 2012
khs and whs Football wrote:
<quoted text>The only maro i know is a queer
Yeah? Funny... Did he screw you or something, cause this Maro is far from a queer or a male for that matter.
marjabelle

Saint Petersburg, FL

#33 Nov 24, 2012
Im sure if moved to Annawan or Geneseo it could be family friendly again.
ktown

United States

#34 Feb 5, 2013
Kewanee need bring up to date band
huh

Kewanee, IL

#35 Feb 6, 2013
maybe a different carnival that is not quite as trashy maybe add a few fetivities in the old hospital parking lot also,the kids in town spend alot of money on hog days,my kids go every day and probably blow 100$ or more each plus their own money,getting rid of the carnival is just a bad idea, maybe adding a few more festivities around town is an awesome idea, also how about a band for the kids that isnt at a bar? better access for the handicapped, perhaps make the vendor sites a little cheaper?
time for change

Princeton, IL

#36 Feb 6, 2013
Its time for them to get a better carnival to come here... Cdac will not buy new rides and the so called hog days commite continues to not care due to a contract.....Well contractts are broke all the time!!!!!
ktown

United States

#38 Feb 11, 2013
This town need to have up to date bands to come to town
ktown

United States

#39 Feb 11, 2013
his town need to began a upto date band to town
Chris

Princeton, IL

#40 Feb 12, 2013
Factory man wrote:
I know our company has contributed to the committee not sure how much or what for and we have no direct benefit from the activities. I wonder what the watering holes contribute, this group brings customers right to their doorstep to spend money has to e worth something I would think.
At the same time, many of the businesses are blocked by the carney crap. That Mexican restaurant doesn't benefit at all with all the carnival crap in front of it. How about moving the bulk of the carnival in front of the Pioneer? Won't happen right? Exactly!
Chris

Princeton, IL

#41 Feb 12, 2013
Kewanee is ridiculous. This town grabs a few ideas and holds on to them for dear life. Where are the new ideas? So for over a year and a half we've had to listen to all of this Walldogs stuff. Nice idea. But is that ALL we have? On the tv one channel is devoted to the Walldogs. Gimme a break. So all we have is Hog Days and the Walldogs project? Who's running this dog and pony show?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Neponset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 43 min BoDidHe 49,474
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 10 hr newpoly 1,903
Wethersfield neighborhood Thu neighbor 17
als ice bucket challange Wed babs 2
ktown schools Wed curious 4
Kewanee during the 1950's & 60's (Jul '12) Tue Freelancer 25
Paula's Aug 26 kiki 9
•••
•••
•••

Neponset Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000