First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Simon Says

United States

#21 Jan 20, 2013
durka wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a half cocked, drunk fool.....It's obvious. Now go back to your trailer line and start hammering rivets.
You talk down to me while your wife goes down on me you big business owner.
durka

Saint Charles, MO

#22 Jan 20, 2013
Simon Says wrote:
<quoted text>
You talk down to me while your wife goes down on me you big business owner.
The third grade Kewanee mentality eventually manifests itself in one of it's self proclaimed geniuses.
durka

Saint Charles, MO

#23 Jan 20, 2013
Rocky George wrote:
<quoted text> They have to report to Black Label Society? What do they think Zakk Wylde is gonna do for them except Rock Their Ass!!!
Bureau of Labor Statistics, dipsh1t.
durka

Saint Charles, MO

#24 Jan 20, 2013
right on wrote:
You people really need to put down the pipes for a change and step into reality..why would GD leave a town where they control what companies come in?????? Another thing is illinois not a right tomwork state? Thus an employer don't need a reason to terminate you???
Right-to-work has nothing to do with employers and termination. It has everything to do with a right to employment without being forced into a union or pay their dues. Do people like you vote? That is scary if you do.
durka

Saint Charles, MO

#25 Jan 20, 2013
durka wrote:
<quoted text>
Bureau of Labor Statistics, dipsh1t.
I digress on the agency, but not the name for you son.

It is reported to the Dept. of Labor. BLS is under DOL.

Gotta love BIG Govt.!
Mark

United States

#26 Jan 20, 2013
Y'all are so dumb. Great Dane will be closing down to do a 6-10 million dollar add on. Why would they buy the lot across the street from the plant and plan a 6-10 million dollar add on if there moving? HR didn't have anyone sign anything. Nothing isn't being packed up. There making line two side line like line one side line, adding to axle line, putting a water bay to both lines. Y'all need to check you facts before posting lies on here.
Great Dane Gary

United States

#27 Jan 23, 2013
Chuck talked or hinted whatever you wanna call it tonight that mexico is taking over the plant. They said something bout mexens in Kewanee an chuck said soon only mexens be buuilding these trailors.

Who sez somthin aint up now?
right to work law

Springfield, IL

#28 Jan 23, 2013
Right-to-work law
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Right-to-work state)
Jump to: navigation, search

The term right-to-work law refers to a statute in the United States of America that prohibits union security agreements, or agreements between labor unions and employers that govern the extent to which an established union can require employees' membership, payment of union dues, or fees as a condition of employment, either before or after hiring. "Right-to-work" laws do not, as the short phrase might suggest, aim to provide a general guarantee of employment to people seeking work, but rather are a government regulation of the contractual agreements between employers and labor unions that prevents them from excluding non-union workers,[1] or requiring employees to pay a fee to unions that have negotiated the labor contract the workers work under.

Right-to-work laws exist in twenty-four U.S. states, mostly in the southern and western United States but also in central states such as Michigan. Business interests represented by the Chamber of Commerce have lobbied extensively to pass right-to-work legislation.[2][3][4][5] Such laws are allowed under the 1947 federal Taft–Hartley Act. A further distinction is often made within the law between those employed by state and municipal governments and those employed by the private sector with states that are otherwise union shop (i.e., pay union dues or lose the job) having right to work laws in effect for government employees.
durka

Saint Charles, MO

#29 Jan 23, 2013
right to work law wrote:
Right-to-work law
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Right-to-work state)
Jump to: navigation, search
The term right-to-work law refers to a statute in the United States of America that prohibits union security agreements, or agreements between labor unions and employers that govern the extent to which an established union can require employees' membership, payment of union dues, or fees as a condition of employment, either before or after hiring. "Right-to-work" laws do not, as the short phrase might suggest, aim to provide a general guarantee of employment to people seeking work, but rather are a government regulation of the contractual agreements between employers and labor unions that prevents them from excluding non-union workers,[1] or requiring employees to pay a fee to unions that have negotiated the labor contract the workers work under.
Right-to-work laws exist in twenty-four U.S. states, mostly in the southern and western United States but also in central states such as Michigan. Business interests represented by the Chamber of Commerce have lobbied extensively to pass right-to-work legislation.[2][3][4][5] Such laws are allowed under the 1947 federal Taft–Hartley Act. A further distinction is often made within the law between those employed by state and municipal governments and those employed by the private sector with states that are otherwise union shop (i.e., pay union dues or lose the job) having right to work laws in effect for government employees.
And your post is for what reason?
Buff Ruff

Geneseo, IL

#31 Feb 1, 2013
Great Dane closing? The only thing that has been shut down for years is the brains of about 90% of the employees.
nana

United States

#32 Feb 6, 2013
I hear they are firing all the queers... guess I'm outta a job :(
An insider

Indianapolis, IN

#33 Mar 15, 2013
GD termnated 4 young ME's today each with less that 1 year with the company. Cited poor performance as the reason on the same day they announced that they had caught up from their backlog and were going back to 8 hour shifts from 10.
idea man

United States

#34 Mar 16, 2013
No need to move GD to Mexico when all the Mexicans are moving to Kewanee.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Neponset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why doesn't the state paint the road lines? 18 hr Will 1
Kevin Kate goes to Menards 20 hr Say what 38
Wethersfield not addressing bullying in schools (Oct '13) 20 hr Yall fake 53
Is this really taught? Aug 20 Sam Mellonock 7
neponset water bills (Aug '15) Sep '15 REALLY 2
neponset water (Oct '09) Feb '15 rightupthere 54
News Community Notes (May '14) May '14 freelancer 3

Neponset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance