E.P.A. & Neponset Water?

Posted in the Neponset Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Old Timer

United States

#1 Jan 30, 2011
The Illinois E.P.A. wants Neponset to pay for an expensive water treatment renovation project.
WOW !
After all the years the E.P.A. turned a blind eye on U.S. Ecology and denied they did anything wrong.
Now we get to foot the bill?
The E.P.A. should foot the bill, they are the ones responsible for our water problems.
How about we sue the E.P.A. for the upgrade on the water treatment equipment?
Fair is Fair !
Yanky 57

United States

#2 Jan 30, 2011
I only have a small amount of money to support my family, If the sewer cost isn't enough, now you will be wanting to increase the water bills to cover the cost of the repairs
When will this nightmare end??????
yeah

Springfield, MO

#3 Jan 31, 2011
when all of us poor folks move away because we cant pay the bills here anymore
Zephyr

Springfield, MO

#4 Feb 19, 2011
I agree with the last three posts. "Old Timer", I couldn't agree with you more. U.S. Ecology has EVERYTHING to do with our current water situation. Anything from industrial to nuclear waste was buried out there. And for years, all we heard as residents was "everything is o.k." But year after year our water report kept getting worse. Why?

I challenge any resident of Neponset to do their research on what U.S.E. has done to the land north of Neponset. I mean really get into the actual test results from IDPH and ironically, the EPA.

Don't think for one second all the radioactive waste that was buried out there stays within the property lines. Only a fool would believe that. Our water supply has been contaminated due to that facility.

Now we, as residents of Neponset, have to foot a half a million dollars for a water filtration system. I can't speak for the whole town, but I'm mad as hell with the situation.

We should not have to pay for what U.S.E. has done to this community. If any board member is reading this, you already know about the hardships MANY people are having paying their water bills. WE CAN NOT AFFORD ANY MORE RATE INCREASES.

So what do we do? We know the EPA is not going to drop this case. I truly believe legal action must be sought out concerning who is going to pay for this. I believe a class action lawsuit, or some other form of litigation would be in line.

Come on Neponset, we literally can not afford to lay down and let this one go. I really can't say that I blame anyone who would want to move away from here. Big city bills on a small town budget.
wow

Springfield, MO

#5 Feb 20, 2011
amen to that last post thank you
btw

Springfield, MO

#6 Feb 22, 2011
you do know that the school still has the kids drinking the water right? what is wrong with them bring in bottled water for the kids!
ttc

Navarre, FL

#7 Apr 12, 2011
My husband was raised in Neponset, has multiple health issues. As did his parents. He said he remembers fires coming out of the ground at US Ecology. After containers were buired there.
As for the water bills, we moved, Fed up with the amount of money for water you cannot drink, and shouldn't. We have had the house shut down for 6 weeks and still got a water bill of $25 . NO ONE IN THE HOUSE TO USE THE WATER. We did this to prove that the water meters are not read, but estimated. Please go back to the Neposet Forum posts and see that there are posts about this from the past. I have lived around the States and this is the most expensive water, sewer service of all. I wish you all the best luck, but we now have a water, sewer , and trash bill of $23.00. Keep fighting if you can, maybe they will hear you!!
ttc

Navarre, FL

#8 Apr 12, 2011
Forgot to tell you my last bill from Neponset water department was 162.27. We'll take $23.00 anytime.
Old Timmer

United States

#9 May 26, 2011
Hope every one likes their sewer bills.You can only expect more of the same in the future. Wait until Neponset gets the new water treatment plant, We will all have to get second, and third part time jobs just to aford the water bills.
ttc

Navarre, FL

#10 May 27, 2011
Check this out.We moved out of Neponset on the first week of March. As we posted no one was in the home to use the water or sewer. Now we owed a bill of289.58 . We receive a bill this time with the old amount on it, we know we owe this. But I will not pay the amount they say we owe now. We were billed 101.28 for water, 383.96 for sewer. 23.00 for Garbage. Total of bill was 805.82
PEOPLE THIS WAS NOT POSSIBLE,, THE HOUSE HAS BEEN AND IS EMPTY!!!!!! NO ONE USES THE WATER OR SEWER.
We refuse to pay an estimated bill, as there is no way to justify this amount in an empty house.
MOVE OUT OF NEPONSET, ANYONE THAT CAN, REFUSE TO BE A VICTUM ANY LONGER!!!!
concerned relative

South Haven, MN

#11 May 27, 2011
Who the hell are the citizens of Neponset putting on your city council. Do they pay water bills like ttc. If there has been no water usage for more than 6 weeks whatsoever how can you justify a bill for over $800. You forced your citizens to get on this sewer system and then they don't use it for almost 3 months and you still charge them $383 for it. You are out of your minds. If I were ttc I'd get a lawyer and sue your butts off. I'm glad I don't live there I'd probably be in jail for assault. No wonder noone wants to live your crappy little town anymore. Your sick, greedy S.O.B's. What about the people who are on social security and disability who haven't had a raise for 2 years but everything else keeps going up including you vampires sucking up their money that they don't have. You should be ashamed of yourselves. If you are church going people you should quit going. You sure aren't good Christians.
concerned relative

South Haven, MN

#12 May 27, 2011
Residents of Neponset. Okay they say you can't fight city hall. The hell you can't. All of you need to go to the next town meeting and give a show of force. If enough of the town opposes their water & sewer bills maybe the city council will start using what small part of their brain works and do things differently. You all deserve better from your town.
OH GOD

Springfield, MO

#13 May 29, 2011
I GOT MY NEW BILL IT IS 600 DOLLARS PLEASE COME AND SHUT OFF THIS CRAPPY WATER WE CANT USE IT ANYWAY THIS TOWN IS GOING TO HELL AND ALL THE BOARD MEMBERS TOO!! HOW CAN WE PAY THESE BILLS AND STILL HAVE FOOD FOR OUR FAMILY????YOU DISGUST ME!
geez

Springfield, MO

#14 May 29, 2011
Old Timmer wrote:
Hope every one likes their sewer bills.You can only expect more of the same in the future. Wait until Neponset gets the new water treatment plant, We will all have to get second, and third part time jobs just to aford the water bills.
how the hell are we supposed to pay this????
change

United States

#15 May 30, 2011
dont worry about those high bills. remember the majority of neponset wanted CHANGE with a new mayor and board members so they voted and got CHANGE. i bet the people that voted them in wished they could go back and CHANGE the vote. now i dont have any CHANGE in my pocket with the high bills
ttc

Navarre, FL

#16 Jun 2, 2011
Water bills out of control, nothing in Neponset to interest new neighbors, and board members that really don't care about the people who live there. MY answer MOVE,because I don't see this getting better any time soon. " Cause no one cares about you or your billfold" How sad!!
uwillbthe nxanimal

United States

#17 Jun 5, 2011
change wrote:
dont worry about those high bills. remember the majority of neponset wanted CHANGE with a new mayor and board members so they voted and got CHANGE. i bet the people that voted them in wished they could go back and CHANGE the vote. now i dont have any CHANGE in my pocket with the high bills
Unless I miss my guess! You must be an old member of that team or a family member.
Or your just plain stupid. In case you forgot the e-mail when you got booted out of office. The old board and mayor was the group that got us into this mess.
okay

Springfield, MO

#18 Jun 6, 2011
there is a town meeting wednesday about the water and the sewer we all need to show up and tell them we r not putting up with this any longer!! 7 o clock be there please
gee

Springfield, MO

#19 Jun 18, 2011
it will only get worse they r blaming the old administration all the time dont they know that we know some of them were on the board back then also? they r bleeding us dry and dont care the mayor needs to resign in shame!!
ttc

Navarre, FL

#20 Jun 18, 2011
Sad Sad Sad, I don't live there anymore but the final bill is being looked at by legal persons. I'm not going down without a fight. I feel sorry for the neponset residents living under Hitler rules. It's their way or none, and their way isn't working for the people. Sad!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Neponset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jojos 9 hr Bryce X Simmons 8
Snitches Mon WOW 4
Employees stealing from Great Dane (Mar '12) Jul 24 WOW 23
Cops! Jul 21 WOW 10
Nikki Lopez (Dec '12) Jul 20 RailRider16 13
Lmao Jul 19 Shannon lanxon 3
Kewanee Protest 07/16/2016 Jul 18 Ulikeprisonsex 8

Neponset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance