neponset water
hey

United States

#21 Feb 5, 2010
does not matter everything he said is true
Neponset Resident

Marion, IL

#22 May 7, 2010
Is the water getting better, or is it just me? I was enjoying a big old glass of it while reading my bill. I spit it out after reading the balance due. Will we ever get a break with that sewer charge? Or is it the water charge? I get them confused, they both smell the same.
ttc

Springfield, MO

#23 May 8, 2010
Wouldn't it be nice to get a break on the bill. My sister in a local town never pays more than $45 for water, sewer, and trash pick up. Where O Where have our stimulus monies gone. Will the robbery of the town residents ever stop. The only thing we haven't seen is the gun. Please we are pleading with the town council to give us a break. PLEASE,PLEASE, PLEASE help your town.
hey

United States

#24 May 8, 2010
Neponset Resident wrote:
Is the water getting better, or is it just me? I was enjoying a big old glass of it while reading my bill. I spit it out after reading the balance due. Will we ever get a break with that sewer charge? Or is it the water charge? I get them confused, they both smell the same.
good thing u spit it out and did not swallow lol u could have been the next of many here who now have cancer from the water
noo

United States

#25 May 8, 2010
u must not have heard the alarm going off friday at the water shed then. that goes off when there is a problem somewhere with the water system.
concerned x2

Hayward, CA

#26 May 17, 2010
Looking into coming to your small town with my kids, can you tell me how to look up the information on the water. What is the cancer rate???
How many kids in the school, have any of them gotten cancer???
as much information on the town would be greatly appreciated!!!
How cold our your winters?
Thank you
hey

United States

#27 May 17, 2010
run run, while u can
ttc

Springfield, MO

#28 May 22, 2010
I think it has been proven again that the water bills are to expensive. There are about 40 homes that are scheduled to have their water service disconnected. Why, BECAUSE THEY CAN'T AFFORD THE WATER BILLS. To "concernedX2" read the posts and know that this is an ongoing problem. You may not want anything to do with it. RUN AND DON'T LOOK BACK.
Again, what is the answer from the Town Council on lowering the water bills?? Does this look like it's getting better?
yes

United States

#29 May 23, 2010
ITS PRETTY BAD WHEN YOUR WATER COSTS MORE THAN YOUR POWER, and you dont even dare to drink it!!!
Neponset Resident

Marion, IL

#30 May 24, 2010
I agree with the last two posts, without a doubt. It was one thing to raise the bill to pay for the construction and upkeep of the sewer system. But did we really need to have two extra payments a year thrown at us?(Bi-monthly billing) I can remember before the sewer came to town, as alot of people can, substantially lower rates all the way around. I think I paid $65 every THREE months. Now it's over $130 every TWO months. When the hell is that construction loan supposed to be paid off? This has to have a direct bearing on what we've been forced to pay. I have talked with friends and family in our surrounding communities, with sewer, on comparable plans. They pay nowhere near what we've been roped into. Can I get an answer? When will these damn rates get back to "normal"?
ttc

Springfield, MO

#31 May 24, 2010
Sadly,"Neponset Resident" alot of us have been asking and begging for answers to when the rates will go to "normal". I would faint of shock if someone on the town council would actually give us a answer to that question. Also two extra payments a year on top of rates we can't afford just goes to show you that we are at the mercy of GREEDY PEOPLE. I wish you the best of luck on getting an answer to any of this.
oh well

United States

#32 May 24, 2010
ttc wrote:
I think it has been proven again that the water bills are to expensive. There are about 40 homes that are scheduled to have their water service disconnected. Why, BECAUSE THEY CAN'T AFFORD THE WATER BILLS. To "concernedX2" read the posts and know that this is an ongoing problem. You may not want anything to do with it. RUN AND DON'T LOOK BACK.
Again, what is the answer from the Town Council on lowering the water bills?? Does this look like it's getting better?
except for showers,why would it matter if they shut it off?you cant drinnk or cook with it ,and half the time it smells so bad, you dont even want to do your laundry. i wont even let my dogs drink it!!!
ttc

Springfield, MO

#33 May 25, 2010
Well it wouldn't make much difference if the water were shut off, if we were still hooked up to our septic tanks. How ever without water we will be one stinky town, oh never mind we have a stink of expensive water bills that doesn't go away.
ohh

United States

#34 May 26, 2010
LOL...
ttc

Springfield, MO

#35 May 26, 2010
My sympathy to the people who got their water shut off today. I watched the gentleman go down my street turning off the water to my neighbors homes. If only there were a way to help stop this in the future. Oh yeah, there is . LOWER THE WATER BILLS. I know I say this alot, maybe someone will get tired of my posts and answer me as to when this will happen.
ohh

United States

#36 May 26, 2010
u must not know chapman very well to call him a gentleman! eeww!! if u noticed he was also at some well to do homes so this IS affecting us all
ttc

Springfield, MO

#37 May 26, 2010
I don't know the man at all ,guess I'm lucky there. I know this is affecting all of us. I wish it wasn't. It will stop sometime right? Again please help your town!!
Neponset Resident

Marion, IL

#38 May 27, 2010
ohh wrote:
u must not know chapman very well to call him a gentleman! eeww!! if u noticed he was also at some well to do homes so this IS affecting us all
Chapman, I've never had a problem with the man. What I would like to say is, if ever there was a man who didn't need the water service in this town, he would be the one. Someone said it best on another site. To paraphrase - "Does he ever bathe, that guy is filthy all the time." Six-thirty in the morning he's a complete dirt mess. I know he doesn't drink the water either, he sticks to beer. I got no problem with that.

Since: Mar 10

Marion, IL

#39 May 28, 2010
Neponset Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Chapman, I've never had a problem with the man. What I would like to say is, if ever there was a man who didn't need the water service in this town, he would be the one. Someone said it best on another site. To paraphrase - "Does he ever bathe, that guy is filthy all the time." Six-thirty in the morning he's a complete dirt mess. I know he doesn't drink the water either, he sticks to beer. I got no problem with that.
well, the water in this town is bad! no one wants to use it for anything. Chapman is one of the few people in this town that actually works, and when u work a job like the one that he does you get dirty! He is a nice guy.....helps out in this town when he can.
Neponset Resident

Marion, IL

#40 Jun 17, 2010
I'm sure by now everyone has received their little love letter that came with the water bill. With the economy still in the dumps, and people unemployed, there's going to be a lot of people without water (children included). This is sad. At first, I thought the town board was slightly genius coming up with solutions to the problems. Now, I'm convinced they are absolutely insane.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Neponset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Herr family 2 hr Loser yourself 15
Brewster the rooster 4 hr Ok then 17
joel brewster (Jul '11) 14 hr Brian Folz 87
Kewanee people both parole and probation? 16 hr Yeah who cares 1
You might be Brewster the rooster if: Jan 20 Rooster 3
Keep a word drop a word. (Apr '10) Jan 20 Joel 1,579
The Herr family Jan 19 Hmmmm 1

Neponset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance