First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sally

Marion, IL

#1 Oct 20, 2009
why should i pay such high water bills if i cant drink the water i cant use it in food or to water my animals y then should i pay for water maybe should pay 85 dollars for sewer but i have to buy bottled water for everyday living that cost adds up
oh please

United States

#2 Oct 23, 2009
yeah and we pay more for it than area towns do
sally

Marion, IL

#3 Oct 24, 2009
and they dont even try to fix our water problems whats up with that
yeah

United States

#4 Oct 24, 2009
because they are too busy painting buildings uptown that are falling in
gottowantit

Crystal Lake, IL

#5 Oct 30, 2009
stop bitching or move
sally

Marion, IL

#6 Nov 3, 2009
you must be on the board or related to them thats right just take care of yourself not the town
gottowantit wrote:
stop bitching or move
yeah

United States

#7 Nov 3, 2009
sometimes when you wash your clothes they smell like sewer water or rotten eggs
trailer trash and company

Marion, IL

#8 Nov 4, 2009
Shame Shame Shame the rich people are to blame. We didn't inherit our homes or pools, but we sure pay for the rotten water. Making it easier for some of you to keep your money, and not have to scrape by month to month. This is the highest water prices in the state of Illinois. And YOU BETTER NOT DRINK it , Check into the runnoff from the Neuclear dump site ouside of town and see if there is a tube to the water supply. Check on the asbestos water lines.That's a fact.
yeah

United States

#9 Nov 4, 2009
yeah theres an awful lot of people here dying of or still being treated for cancer do you see the connection

Marion, IL

#10 Nov 4, 2009
I sure do. There are people that grew up in Neponset with multiple health problems. Much more than is common in other small towns.Please don't insult us by telling us it isn't connected to the water supply or the dump site. At one time there were open containers at the Neuclear site that leaked. Also, our updates on the water tests don't relieve any one. There's too much WRONG!!!!
yeah

United States

#11 Nov 4, 2009
but they tell you not to worry only a small amount of people will get sick whats up with that we are not important enough to worry about

Marion, IL

#12 Nov 5, 2009
Even a small amount of people getting sick is not acceptable. We shouldn't have to play Russian Roulet with our lives or our loved ones lives to live here. This town doesn't have any thing to offer people, but plenty of reasons not to live here. Money, health, no jobs. But go ahead and raise the water bills to justify the expense of a sewer system that is faulty also, which we were forced to connect to. No wonder people don't want to move here!!
yeah

United States

#13 Nov 5, 2009
we need to get some decent people on the board look at what we have they all have money to spare and live in the best houses
hey

United States

#14 Nov 5, 2009
you people need to find out what your city council did with all the stimulus money it was to be used to fix problems like these

Marion, IL

#15 Nov 5, 2009
I would like to know what the stimulus money went for. It doesn't seem that it was used toward the expense of the water system. Oh, yeah we can't even contact the company that put in the sewer system because the went under right after putting our faulty system in. Our higher water bills are paying for that little gem. And don't tell me to move if it was up to me I wouldn't have moved here to begin with.
not

United States

#16 Jan 6, 2010
this town is like russia

West Des Moines, IA

#17 Jan 8, 2010
This town is lost in the past.The town council can't give us answers because they haven't worked out the next lie. Just open up your wallet and pay for mistakes made over, and over, and oh yea over!!
Party Boy

Marion, IL

#18 Jan 27, 2010
not wrote:
this town is like russia
I can understand your comparison. It is very similar to an oligarchy. Only a few people really make the decisions, and it is not the town board, or the mayor. It happens everywhere, certain big money individuals dictate what will and will not happen. That is a fact! The water, the sewer, and the trailers taking over this town, it's getting hard to keep track of all our misfortunes, just to name a few. When I think about it, we as citizens should do like the outcast smokers who work at Martin Engineering. You've seen them congregating across the street, off the property, in their vehicles, wherever it is safe to smoke, and still be in compliance with "no smoking" on Martin's property. And Martin's really doesn't know this is going on, right? We should do what WE want to do right in front of everyone (neighbors, board members, etc.), but it has to be done on our own properties, or in the streets. Do what you want to do, as long as it is legal. We pay taxes! We vote! We are Americans! Always remember, we don't work for the law, the law works for us.

ghostman

United States

#19 Feb 3, 2010
gottowantit wrote:
stop bitching or move
NICE STATEMENT < THATS ONE WAY TO DODGE THE FACT>.WE CAN"T SAY MUCH AT THE MEETINGS IN THE AMOUNT OF TIME THAT U GIVE TOWN MEMBERS> AL THOUGHT U SEAM LIKE U R TRYING< A LITTLE> I"LL GIVE U MORE TIME< ROME WAS"T BUILT IN A DAY !!!!okay if u can't read it don't worry
Strong bad

Palatine, IL

#20 Feb 5, 2010
ghostman wrote:
<quoted text>NICE STATEMENT < THATS ONE WAY TO DODGE THE FACT>.WE CAN"T SAY MUCH AT THE MEETINGS IN THE AMOUNT OF TIME THAT U GIVE TOWN MEMBERS> AL THOUGHT U SEAM LIKE U R TRYING< A LITTLE> I"LL GIVE U MORE TIME< ROME WAS"T BUILT IN A DAY !!!!okay if u can't read it don't worry
Ghostman your not even literate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Neponset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
vote or kewanee mayor 3 hr marge is abitch 19
so ugly they shoul wear mask 10 hr themowerman 2
Unsolved Murders 1974-1978 (Mar '14) Sat Chiro 94 3
Subway or Caseys (May '13) Sat Kitty 13
Lisa Alford Sat Hey Anyone 2
walmart and telecheck (Jul '13) Dec 19 themowerman 33
want to read weird stuff Dec 18 themowerman 1
Neponset Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web