Nixon Nixes Blacks in Education‏

Nixon Nixes Blacks in Education‏

Posted in the Neosho Forum

Great Read

Manhattan, KS

#1 Aug 19, 2009
White Democrats have proven that they know more about “the black condition” than blacks. They must, since they get 95% of the black vote, the reward being for black achievement. Blacks lead, per capita, the highest high school dropout rates, lowest high school graduation rates, lowest college entrance rates, and lowest college graduation rates. Democrats in Missouri have done such a great job in the St. Louis school system that it ranks right up there with San Quentin, Ralway, and Pelican Bay[1]–some of America’s best penitentiaries.
Jay Nixon is demonstrating what white Democrat politicians have showcased for years: Total disdain for blacks. Nixon happily accepts the black vote during election time—knowing that vote is a given—then completely disregard blacks after the polls close.
Missouri blacks don’t get a pass on this. Blacks shout how important education is, and when we lose representation for education…crickets. But the silence is only because Nixon is one of so-called “good guys”—a Democrat.
Democrat icon LBJ, founder of The Great Society conspired in Congress,“These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this, we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference.”
I’d say that LBJ has done his part in giving blacks,“just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference.” Further, I’d say that Nixon is taking a page right out of LBJ’s playbook.
whatev

United States

#2 Aug 20, 2009
On the issue of race, I'd take a white Democrat over a white Republican any day. Nixon sounds like a typical politician - pragmatic. I can only imagine how much worse it would have been if the R had been elected. As for LBJ, he was flawed, but I'm thankful for his signing of the Civil Rights Act! I can accept that white Dems have talked out of both sides of their mouths on the issue, but, my God, think of the alternative - Repulicans on the race issue?! No thanks!
Great Read

Manhattan, KS

#3 Aug 21, 2009
whatev wrote:
On the issue of race, I'd take a white Democrat over a white Republican any day. Nixon sounds like a typical politician - pragmatic. I can only imagine how much worse it would have been if the R had been elected. As for LBJ, he was flawed, but I'm thankful for his signing of the Civil Rights Act! I can accept that white Dems have talked out of both sides of their mouths on the issue, but, my God, think of the alternative - Repulicans on the race issue?! No thanks!
Republicans have a different approach and can be proud of our part in the struggle for black freedom. Like most people who do things for the right reason and not for political expediency, we don’t go around bragging about simply doing what is right. Perhaps we should.
Republicans do not put a limit on black achievement, and know that blacks possess limitless potential.
Republicans have supported school choice initiatives, an initiative overwhelmingly supported by blacks. Democrats vote against school choice overwhelmingly, choosing to support the teachers’ union instead. Who can blame them? There’s money in uneducated black people, and look who controls the classrooms!
I can see why Governor Nixon didn’t want black representation on the University of Missouri’s Board of Curators. Can’t have blacks witnessing first-hand how the Democrats have destroyed and are continuing to destroy the black community with substandard schools and education.
Nixon’s move is reminiscent of a time in history when Democrats forbade blacks from learning. Like I said, with friends like Jay Nixon, black people in Missouri don’t need any enemies.
whatev

United States

#4 Aug 21, 2009
Wait a minute... you're beginning to sound as if you actually care about black people. Frankly, this is something I'm just not used to from Republicans. One of the reasons I lean Democratic is because of what I view as their value for civil rights and diversity. I just don't see that out of many Republicans.

Looking at our nation's history and the history of both major political parties, I don't believe there exists much room on the proverbial moral high ground. However, Dems tend to support social programs - healthcare, education, etc - that R's do not support. From my perspective, the R's fall into two categories - God, guns, gays, abortion and LET THE RICH GET RICHER. I'm with them on God for sure and on the other issues, I question their motives.

You haven't convinced me,'great read', but I am listening to you.
Great Read

Manhattan, KS

#5 Aug 24, 2009
whatev wrote:
Wait a minute... you're beginning to sound as if you actually care about black people. Frankly, this is something I'm just not used to from Republicans. One of the reasons I lean Democratic is because of what I view as their value for civil rights and diversity. I just don't see that out of many Republicans.
Looking at our nation's history and the history of both major political parties, I don't believe there exists much room on the proverbial moral high ground. However, Dems tend to support social programs - healthcare, education, etc - that R's do not support. From my perspective, the R's fall into two categories - God, guns, gays, abortion and LET THE RICH GET RICHER. I'm with them on God for sure and on the other issues, I question their motives.
You haven't convinced me,'great read', but I am listening to you.
Apparently conservative blacks are the new coloreds of the ’60’s, especially if they disagree with Obama. Ken Gladney is the black protester the Democrat UNION thugs selected to send a message to the rest of the black community, and for anybody supporting them.It is clear that Democrats don’t like when a smart black person escapes the plantation. They sent one of our own to “retrieve that uppity Negro!” This is the type of activity that has many blacks afraid to speak out in our own communities, even our own families. Anybody noticed that neither Sharpton nor Jackson have said a word. Right color, wrong politics!
Lucky for America, Ken is an “America first” patriot. He understands that years of Democrats pandering to blacks to get our votes have devastated the black community.
We lead the nation, per capita in unemployment, single parent homes, blacks in prison (outright!), crime infested neighborhoods, welfare recipients. We have the lowest high school graduation rates, lowest home ownership, lowest entrants to college, and lowest college graduation rates. Abortion rates in the black community are twice the national average, and we were declared the most religious group in America. I say on behalf of all blacks in America,“Thank you, Democrats and poverty pimping black “leaders” for making blacks the laughing stock of America!”
Great Read

Manhattan, KS

#6 Aug 24, 2009
Do you remember this?
Topic A: Obama's Compromise on D.C.'s School Vouchers Program

Sunday, May 10, 2009 His compromise proposal will breathe new life into the debate over school vouchers in Washington and nationally.
If President Obama wanted the issue to go away, he just made a mistake. His compromise proposal will breathe new life into the debate over school vouchers in Washington and nationally.
Although he did voucher supporters a favor by giving political cover for efforts to protect participating students, ardent supporters are not satisfied with an arrangement that basically terminates the program through attrition. Meanwhile, voucher foes are aghast at the prospect of the program slowly turning into a bloody shirt for school reform. They understand that every year students are enrolled in private schools through the D.C. Opportunity Scholarship Program is a year the voucher issue remains alive. Thus, the fight over what is really a marginal program in the broader landscape of American public education has become an intense battle.
The president of the National Education Association, the nation's LARGEST TEACHERS UNNIONs, recently called the voucher program "an ongoing threat to public education in the District of Columbia" and urged Obama to oppose any effort to extend the program. That's not really the language of moderation.
The real test of Obama's political style is how vigorously the administration pursues this compromise on Capitol Hill. The president's critics say he WILL NOT CROSS SWORDS WITH Democratic SPECAIL-INTEREST GROUPS. Even many admirers wonder when smoothness will give way to steel on a tough question. Oddly, protecting a school voucher program is emerging as a test.
President Obama's compromise on the D.C. Opportunity Scholarship Program -- namely, ALLOWING CURRENLTY enrolled students the opportunity to graduate -- is a fair solution that I support. But an honest examination of the program's.

No other NEW children will be able to g to these charter school.
whatev

Granby, MO

#7 Aug 24, 2009
Great Read wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently conservative blacks are the new coloreds of the ’60’s, especially if they disagree with Obama. Ken Gladney is the black protester the Democrat UNION thugs selected to send a message to the rest of the black community, and for anybody supporting them.It is clear that Democrats don’t like when a smart black person escapes the plantation. They sent one of our own to “retrieve that uppity Negro!” This is the type of activity that has many blacks afraid to speak out in our own communities, even our own families. Anybody noticed that neither Sharpton nor Jackson have said a word. Right color, wrong politics!
Lucky for America, Ken is an “America first” patriot. He understands that years of Democrats pandering to blacks to get our votes have devastated the black community.
We lead the nation, per capita in unemployment, single parent homes, blacks in prison (outright!), crime infested neighborhoods, welfare recipients. We have the lowest high school graduation rates, lowest home ownership, lowest entrants to college, and lowest college graduation rates. Abortion rates in the black community are twice the national average, and we were declared the most religious group in America. I say on behalf of all blacks in America,“Thank you, Democrats and poverty pimping black “leaders” for making blacks the laughing stock of America!”
I'm a white Democrat and I'm having a difficult time with this. One of the primary reasons that I'm a Democrat is because of civil rights issues and while I've admitted there's been hypocrisy on behalf of the Demorcratic Party, I don't see how voting Republican or for conservatives helps civil rights issues or issues facing the poorest among us. It's been my experience that it's the Republican Party that doesn't want to escape the plantation mentality, not to say that the Dems are squeaky clean innocent. To me, black people are not the laughing stock of America. The statistics you mentioned are unfortunate to say the least and it would be difficult to pin the blame on either political party. There are many factors and few of us despite race, religion, or party affiliation can escape at least a portion of the blame.

I respect your views, but I just can't track you. I sense resentment and anger and perhaps that's justified. To each his own, I guess. Best wishes to you.

As for the school vouchers, I'm not informed enough to comment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Neosho Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
justin lackey, anone know him Oct 28 Little Gal 1
Granby police Oct '17 outsider 1
avoid Granby (Jul '09) Oct '17 outsider 10
moser family (Apr '09) Oct '17 Tiffany Farren Ch... 2
tunnels Sep '17 elmo4855 1
Does anyone know Shauna Norris? (Nov '11) Apr '17 Cepo 2
who's the best fisherman? (Mar '17) Mar '17 travelin angler 1

Neosho Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Neosho Mortgages