Cumberland County Officer Wicke

Posted in the Neoga Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
JDH

Mattoon, IL

#1 Nov 4, 2010

This is an interesting video of a couple of peaceful demonstrators making their way thru central illinois.
jrhendren

Mattoon, IL

#2 Nov 4, 2010
Officer Wicke is a good, hard working, honest police officer just doing his job. Nevermind the constitution, he is protecting you and I. He is being "ProActive". If you are not breaking the law, you have nothing to worry about.
Open water

Tower Hill, IL

#3 Nov 4, 2010
JDH wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =njb6X-nmW2MXX
This is an interesting video of a couple of peaceful demonstrators making their way thru central illinois.
If they would just make police officers and deputy's read some basic laws about what they can do and what they can't do. It would make life so much better for everyone. Good Video.
Susan

Mattoon, IL

#4 Nov 4, 2010
Isn't he the sheriff down there? or maybe on school board , not sure.
Larry

Mattoon, IL

#5 Nov 5, 2010
he lost the election thank god
Loxa Lady

Mattoon, IL

#6 Nov 6, 2010
officer wicky needs to learn to respect and uphold the rights of every individual. he should have been fired for the threats he made.
My Take

Shelbyville, IL

#7 Nov 6, 2010
I have been pulled over and ticketed for speeding over the years a few times and from those experience's I have found that women officers make better patrol officers. Woman act more professional and they are more level headed and nice. Most men cops, but not all of them seem to be on a testosterone power trip. They want to start some trouble with drivers. It must of started somewhere in the 80s because before that cops where a different breed than what is produced today. Citizens use to respect them years ago, they where like Super man and other great hero's to people. Now most people look down on them because they try to force you to respect them rather than earn that respect. It's a down right a shame that it can't be like that again. I guess that a lot of the blame should be on bad management. I have to point out though that over fifty years that the Mattoon and Charleston police officer have been outstanding and professional from my observations. The only law enforcement department around here who has repeatably shown UN professionalism is the Cole's county sheriffs department and that is because of a few bad deputy's and the Sheriff himself. the majority of deputy's seem to be professional at the department, but they have to work for Cox and butler, so they don;t have a choice but leave.
BIGGUN

Mattoon, IL

#8 Nov 7, 2010
"Woman act more professional and they are more level headed and nice. Most men cops, but not all of them seem to be on a testosterone power trip. They want to start some trouble with drivers."

AGREE

I have to point out though that over fifty years that the Mattoon and Charleston police officer have been outstanding and professional from my observations.

DISAGREE - I used to work a job where I would get off of work at 2am. Try walking-driving anywhere at 2-3 am in coles county and see if your rights are not violated. I would only be going half a mile to my boyfriends house and I bet they messed with me over 50% of the time.
nadia

Mattoon, IL

#9 Nov 8, 2010
wicke is a butthole in that vid and yes he should been fired
Lilly

Mattoon, IL

#10 Nov 11, 2010
Thank God those kinds of Constitutional violations aren't occurring within Coles County......LOL

The video speaks for itself, or better yet, Officer WickE spoke for himself, and the majority of law enforcement officers!
some guy

Valdosta, GA

#11 Nov 11, 2010
One of those officers was from Marshall Illinois. I believe his last name is sparrows
curious

Mattoon, IL

#13 Nov 12, 2010
is illinois really a police state? sure does look bad
Concerned

Mattoon, IL

#14 Nov 13, 2010
Very good video. Interesting
Concerned

Mattoon, IL

#15 Nov 14, 2010
The AUTHORITARIAN PERSONALITY is characterized by the following thoughts, actions and personality traits:

1) wishes to make his victim feel ridiculous and small.

2) in extreme cases, to abuse the victim in such a way to destroy his self respect, break his will, and or make him give in.

3) has ideation and fantasies involving "total control" over another human being...this need for control becomes a passion and is experienced as intoxicating power transforming "impotence into omnipotence.'

4) respects power and the powerful above all and despises weakness and helplessness and emotional release and emotional expression.

5) builds and orchestrates and creates scenarios and dramas where one tyrannizes those beneath him and also, is submissive to the powerful people above him in an unconscious wish to "fuse with power."

6) chooses his victims from those who are subordinate to him, comparatively powerless and those he can control...thus this personality finds himself in organized fraternal violent society's of men who supply the groupthink "OK" to do acts of violence and hostility.

7) has an interest in control or discipline of others because it reinforces his sense of authority, strength, and will...this willingness to make others bend can easily become an interest and conditioned behavior mutating into sadism.

8) weakness excites the sadistic temperament and results in a satisfaction in another's suffering and is different than an assault on one capable of defending oneself.

9) the attitude of sadism emerges with a contemptuous attitude of the superior toward the inferior.

10) these individuals are constantly "taking their own measure" and live with a "self important" consciousness of their superior achievements, education, rank, authority, and membership in an elite fraternal organization of dangerously violent men with access to secret files and wiretapping equipment used to penetrate the privacy of targets.

11) this consciousness concerned with one's quality includes the comparision to others rank and recognition of superiors and inferiors.

12) have thoughts with exorbitnt respect for superiors and an implicit corresponding disdain for inferiors.

13) has dogmatic, conservative, proper standards and opinions that draw heavily upon conformity and respect for authority.

14) believe that discipline, obedience, coercion, and cruelty are "necessary and valuable" in the relationship between "us and them" and "superior and inferior."

15) believe that "discipline", "obedience", "coercion", "manipulation", and "cruelty" is necessary for "proper training" and "the maintenece of order and proper standards" and "the development of character" and 'the fulfilllment of responsibilities."

16) belief that sadism is justified by pedagogical, moral, disciplinary, or corrective purposes and that sadism teaches the inferior respect for authority and right values and standards.

17) when his uncertain sense of personal authority is threatened by rebellion or protest, this personality becomes defensive, angry, punitive, and arrogant to inferiors.

18) weak people (women, artists, effeminate men) embody what this personality is ashamed of creating a defensive repudiation filled with hate, disrespect, disgust, outrage and punishment.

19) wants to punish weakness with discipline to shame inferiority and make it aware of itself by humiliation and degradation.

20) civilians are seen as weak, undisciplined, unmanly, independent, nonconformists, and worthless to a team spirit.

The job attracts both those who want to help others, and those who want to control others. I think even the ones who go into the job with good intentions are changed by the experience.

Parker Patterson

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16 Nov 14, 2010
Cops are nothing but a bunch of bullied school kids, all grown up now,just like the C C states attorney,he got chased home from school everyday.lol
The Badge

United States

#18 Nov 17, 2010
Doesn't Illinois require your law enforcement personal to go through some kind of police training? I don't know Illinois statues about law enforcement training I am from Texas's. The officers in this video excluding the Illinois State trooper seem to me lacking any kind of real police training. I am curious as a law enforcement individual myself what kind of training they go through and do they have to take refresher courses.
Larry

Mattoon, IL

#19 Nov 20, 2010
I have seen video footage of the Charleston Police Dept making threats of felony arrest for videotaping.
Cox dose lie

Charleston, IL

#20 Nov 20, 2010
You can video any public person you want legally in public. You can't recorded audio without them knowing it though in Illinois, that is against the law. I think it's a felony to record audio without letting the person know your recording first. As long as a cop can see your camera in clear view that your pointing at him he can not do anything. he has the right to walk away from you and the camera, or not approach you. My suggestion to law enforcement is to follow the law, do your job and move on. It's only becomes a issue when the officer is harassing some one, or doing something they shouldn't be doing as a law enforcement person.
zella

Mattoon, IL

#21 Nov 24, 2010
Dicke Licke Wicke
I knew he could be an ass but that was uncalled for
crete

United States

#22 Nov 25, 2010
JDH wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =njb6X-nmW2MXX
I like this video above.

Take a look at this nut job of a deputy on this video. You can see the man go to the ground put his hands overback of his head and complies. What the hell is this deputy doing beating on him so many times? Over 15 hits with a wooden stick please justifie this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Neoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FRAUD!! Missy Epperson Mid- America K9 Search a... 1 hr VetTech 1
Chad miller Oct 16 Bigdog 1
Grinders gourmet cafe in the mall Oct 14 bump 18
Macy Sweitzer? (Dec '16) Oct 13 sadsadworld 146
Nasty Bitches in Mattoon (Jun '10) Oct 9 NothingToGain 37
Big ones Oct 4 Linda Bagger 6
Colten Jenkins Oct 1 Colten Jenkins 16

Neoga Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance