Neighbors upset downstate school has ...

Neighbors upset downstate school has been converted to strip club

There are 9 comments on the CLTV - Chicago Land's TV story from May 20, 2010, titled Neighbors upset downstate school has been converted to strip club. In it, CLTV - Chicago Land's TV reports that:

This former school cafeteria in Neoga Township, Ill. is now known as The School House Gentleman's Club, a venue which features topless dancers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CLTV - Chicago Land's TV.

a dancer

Iowa City, IA

#1 May 21, 2010
open up your eyes!! most of the people that oppose this place are around 70 years old or more! this is 2010!! not 1945 ...for the woman that has the flower shop just south of the club, WHOREHOUSE? how would you know anything about a whorehouse? thats the farthest thing it is. Its hard working girls that happen to dance for a living. you should come check us out! we have some talented dancing skills. we are doing nothing illegal. we dont go nude, and most important, NO WE ARE NOT DISEASE INFESTED WOMEN!! The real whores or whatever are proibly your next door neighbor girl!! how could you all be judgemental when your all claiming to be true christians?? huh??
Azuleojo

Hollywood, FL

#2 May 21, 2010
I think the old flower lady is jealous because you get paid good money to show your rose buds. She knows no one would pay to see her hanging baskets!!!! Maybe the club could offer 70's nightout and the old women could pole dance and the old men could put dollars in their diapers. walkers Sounds like a money maker to me. Now of course it will have to be held during daylight hours and they will want an EARLY BIRD discount. Maybe even have boobie bingo and give away Metamucil, denture cream, douches and walkers for prizes. The drink menu would be easy, prune juice, decaf coffee, Citrucel or cranberry juice. Everyone will get a keepsake bib with the scoolhouse logo. You will have to install adult diaper machines in the bathrooms. Anyway that's my idea!!!
Appauld

Effingham, IL

#3 May 24, 2010
Ms. Dancer, you are very quick yourself to be judgemental. First off, it's not just the elderly that is concerned about this "Gentlemens Club", but respected citizens of the community. This club is right in residential property where we are trying to raise our children. We do not live in the city where this sort of establishment should be located. It's a rural area and that place has made their property go down. Now, since you are such a great dancer, why don't you work at a more reputable place? Or, are you the dancer who fell on her head while on the pole and had to be taken to the hospital in nothing but a G-string? hmm? It's also been said, that some men are getting more then a "look" once they take the dancer upstairs. You have to know that those guys do talk and the talk does get around. As for being Christians, yes, we are. We believe in Christ the All Mighty. Maybe if you did, you wouldn't be behaving like you do. Stripping, dancing on poles for guys to watch is very degrading. Maybe if you went to church you would understand. Now, even though I am a Christian, I don't care what you do, but we would like to have this establishment gone from our community. They can put it in Mattoon uptown in a business district. Just not where children are being raised to know what is right from wrong.
Azuleojo

Hollywood, FL

#4 May 24, 2010
So Appauld, you state you are a christian and don't care "what she does" and yet you seem to have your ear against the gossip wall. Does the gossip make you feel superior to the dancers. How do know what goes on "upstairs", could that info come from the "christian gossip prayer chain?"Now I would almost bet that you have an inner bad girl inside that would love to try a little pole dancing but the skimpy clothing doesn't come in your size!!! Anyway there is a dairy farm right down the road and they may need another cow. Just a thought.
Appauld

Effingham, IL

#5 May 24, 2010
Azuleojo, my comment on "I don't care what you do" meaning that I answer to the good Lord. That is where she will have to answer eventually. And as to gossip wall. No sir, I have better things to do then to listen to the wall. I read the newspaper, watch the news, as you would find it very informative and if you would do the same you may become more intellegant. As the paper and news states, the dancers dance topless, and they go into a room to do lap dances. Hmmm.. As for "inner bad girl", no, there is no desire to be dancing in front of men who only have one thing on their mind. And, it's none of your business on my size. It seems to me you are very much for the so called club. Again, you will have to answer to the good Lord some day to. They just need to move this club to a business district and everyone would be happy.
Appauld

Effingham, IL

#6 May 24, 2010
Oh, and intelligent was purposely misspelled to see if you can read. I didn't know if you would notice that.
Azuleojo

Miami, FL

#7 May 24, 2010
Thank you for your reply and for pointing out your spelling error. I also follow up my comments with spelling corrections and try to pass it off as intentional!!! Just how often do you "answer to the good Lord?" I, myself, have never spoken with the "good Lord." You are a very lucky young woman to have Him answer your calls. How did you get His cell phone number? I understand you are sensitive about your weight, you know the health risks that come with obesity. I am sorry about the comment that they don't make skimpy clothing in your size, it is untrue. They do make them and they are FREAKING HUGH!! Anyway let them dance and keep away from your gossip wall, ok Hun.
a dancer

Terre Haute, IN

#8 May 25, 2010
wow! finally good commentors!! i want to set one thing straight, the mens restrooms are upstairs only! Absolutely no dancers are allowed anywhere upstairs....you might want to wash the mens mouth out with soap "so called Christians", because they are lying about taking any girl upstairs. never has it been allowed that a man can take one of the dancers upstairs!!! isnt lying a sin?? huh lady?? get the facts straight before you run your mouth anymore!!
Appauld

Effingham, IL

#9 May 27, 2010
Ok, I am only commenting now because my FiancÚ thinks this is getting out of hand. Azuleojo you are missing the whole point. My weight has nothing to do with this situation. I am 5' 5" and weigh 115 lbs, I wear a size 3. The issue at hand is that the neighbors that live around there are the ones who are suffering the most. Their property values are decreasing, those who have their homes for sale have to lose money if they can even sell their homes at this point. The noise from that place in the early morning hours wakes them up. Not alone when the cops and/or ambulance has to show up. It's an establishment that should have been placed in a business district - point blank. My point is, they need to close it down and re-establish it in a business district if they see they need to keep it open. Those who think it's a great place can go there, and those of us who think that its not at all where a Christian should be, will stay away, and no remarks would be made. Those who made the remarks in the paper, are just very upset about it, and yes, they probably should have bitten their tongues before they lashed out and made the comments that they did. They spoke before thinking as a lot of people do. Even though the dancers have to make a living at something like that, it would be great if they could find something more reputable to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Neoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drug Related Charges (Apr '17) Sat Rodrigo Duterte 10
Review: Budget Taxi (Apr '15) Apr 16 The truth 34
Let's talk about SEX!!! (Sep '17) Apr 16 The truth 6
Trulinda Lynn Sellers/Perrin Apr 14 Will 50
Lincolnshire has bed bugs Apr 14 Justin Igger 4
Congrats jimmy Apr 8 Race 15
Who are the bad boys of mattoon? The ones alway... (Jul '16) Mar 29 Jesse walters 6

Neoga Jobs

Personal Finance

Neoga Mortgages