new sidewalks all over Indy
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Good news

Aransas Pass, TX

#21 Jan 28, 2013
Just saw someone taking measurements on new ADA ramps.Since it wasn't Heckman doing it any problems could be caught and fixed so we don't have to pay for a bunch of redos.
Really

Topeka, KS

#22 Jan 31, 2013
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
There may have been prep work being done by the park but there's not been any concrete poured since Thursday.
That is because the contractors go home to their families on Friday
snowflake

United States

#23 Jan 31, 2013
Just drove past Penn and Sycamore. Blowing snow 30 degrees and pouring concrete.
Good news

Aransas Pass, TX

#24 Feb 1, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because the contractors go home to their families on Friday
Don't look now, but there are a lot of "contractors" digging and pouring concrete in the area of Penn and Sycamore, so maybe you should drop by and tell them it's Friday. Bet we're going to have to pay BIG sometime in the future for all the concrete pours being done in freezing weather.For entertainment drive buy those above ground burial places by the park.One of them has a roller coaster as part of the ADA stuff.Hope Heckman can explain that one since it looks crazy to me.
Whatta

Ingleside, TX

#25 Feb 1, 2013
If grant money is being used for the sidewalks, what will the ADA sales tax revenue be used for?

Aransas Pass, TX

#26 Feb 1, 2013
Whatta wrote:
If grant money is being used for the sidewalks, what will the ADA sales tax revenue be used for?
The millions of dollars of other ADA changes we have to make like moving a restroom sign down because it's 1/8" too high for ADA (or at least some ridiculous things like that).
Whatta

Ingleside, TX

#28 Feb 1, 2013
Reply wrote:
<quoted text>
The millions of dollars of other ADA changes we have to make like moving a restroom sign down because it's 1/8" too high for ADA (or at least some ridiculous things like that).
I won't argue some of them are ridiculous. What I meant was, from the estimated cost to do all the ADA improvements, and the tax passed to cover that estimate, has it been discussed what will be done with the extra tax money collected?
John Wreckman

Aransas Pass, TX

#29 Feb 2, 2013
Wasn't John Wreckman (aka Heckman) the guy that put the brick on the side of the VFW that fell off and had to be put back?I sure as h*ll wouldn't keep hiring someone that does bad work and don't see why the city would.
John Wreckman

Aransas Pass, TX

#30 Feb 2, 2013
Agreed wrote:
I've noticed how the sidewalks are only getting done in the "good" neighborhoods. They stop, literally, once you hit the "ghetto".
Think the plan is to fix all the most used sidewalks first.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Neodesha Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City employees paid to go to meetings? 24 min so true 4
IDR asleep? 50 min Wondering 9
Debbie Miller's Ad 1 hr so true 26
Amazon building sale 2 hr Answer 16
Facebook 7 hr Answer 3
Chuck Schmidt BTFO 7 hr Answer 20
Timmons Funeral home 8 hr sleepy 1

Neodesha Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance