UPPERCUT boxing club
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
wondering

United States

#1 Mar 7, 2010
Thoughts? Is the guy running that a nut?( I dont know, im asking )

I was wondering if anyone new anything? I know he seems a little... brash?

But again, I dont know, thats why im asking.

Thanks.
Once Burned

Wichita, KS

#2 Mar 7, 2010
wondering wrote:
Thoughts? Is the guy running that a nut?( I dont know, im asking )
I was wondering if anyone new anything? I know he seems a little... brash?
But again, I dont know, thats why im asking.
Thanks.
I know Henry extremely well. He is a very religious and caring man. I have donated to his charity for the last 3 years. He has given back to the youth of Independence and has asked nothing in return. His services are free to the children. He has used his own personal home to work with the kids. He teaches them values of teamwork and how to be a better person. I have hired some of his kids to work in my restaurant with his recommendation. He now has a permanent home in the old calico restaurant building and I even see he has appealed to females who want to learn boxing.

Most of his students come from families that do not have a whole lot. These at risk kids are the ones he focuses on. Helping them to lead a better life.

Make a donation if you can. they really need it.
Indy

Independence, KS

#3 Mar 7, 2010
Henry Williams is a class act.
Once Burned

Wichita, KS

#4 Mar 7, 2010
Indy wrote:
Henry Williams is a class act.
Woops Henry Williams

sorry his e mail is tyson
executivegrounds care

Wichita, KS

#5 Apr 21, 2010
what a stand up man.

Since: Mar 09

Encino, CA

#6 Apr 21, 2010
If there were more men like Henry willing to work with youth, most of our problems would solve themselves.
crusher

Chanute, KS

#7 Apr 24, 2010
Hypocrite Radar wrote:
If there were more men like Henry willing to work with youth, most of our problems would solve themselves.
Henry comes from the big city where he has seen the bad side
of what happens to kids at risk.If you are looking for a good cause to donate some money to,"UPPER CUT" is a good place.You would be surprised at what a difference that one person can make if he gets some support behind him.
mom

Independence, KS

#8 Apr 24, 2010
Does anyone know what the youngest age he will take?
Sickofit

Independence, KS

#9 Apr 25, 2010
crusher wrote:
<quoted text>
Henry comes from the big city where he has seen the bad side
of what happens to kids at risk.If you are looking for a good cause to donate some money to,"UPPER CUT" is a good place.You would be surprised at what a difference that one person can make if he gets some support behind him.
Dont get me wrong... I like Henry, appreciate what he's doing, and agree with the nice things said about him here. But if he gets that "support behind him" as you mentioned, then it's not just "one person" that is helping make a difference, right? Hat's off to Henry and everyone that's behind him!
crusher

Chanute, KS

#10 May 2, 2010
Sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont get me wrong... I like Henry, appreciate what he's doing, and agree with the nice things said about him here. But if he gets that "support behind him" as you mentioned, then it's not just "one person" that is helping make a difference, right? Hat's off to Henry and everyone that's behind him!
I was reflecting back on Henry being the one person that started
"UPPER CUTS" Boxing Club.Of course there are several people envolved now, and it is a good thing for the community.
interested

Okmulgee, OK

#11 May 3, 2010
Can anyone tell me their phone #. I can't fid a phone #.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#14 May 9, 2010
Just wondering if anyone checked his background...
Another voice

Independence, KS

#15 May 9, 2010
1person1voice wrote:
Just wondering if anyone checked his background...
Just WTH does that mean?

Since: Dec 09

Independence, KS

#16 May 10, 2010
I assumed The Upper Cut was strictly a "boxing club" and didn't pay much attention to it till I saw a local cable show interview with him and a couple of other women involved with this organization. It's about much more than boxing: they have computers for kids to work on, games, etc., and these folks are concerned about doing what it takes to channel these kids' lives toward a focused, happy, productive future. A program associate told me they're trying to meet the rent and utilities right now -- probably because people like me think it's "just a boxing club."
SEKS Eddie

Independence, KS

#17 May 10, 2010
Doing something in the community! Now that's what I'm talking about... Hoooooray for Upper Cut,,,
Great guy

Ossining, NY

#18 May 19, 2010
Henry is awesome and doing our children a great service!
Pastor Butler

Chanute, KS

#19 Nov 15, 2010
I have known Henry Williams for about 7 years ... he is pouring his heart into this work to give kids a positive influence, discipline and life-skills. I just had prayer with him in my office. He has always been kind to me and I consider him a friend and a brother.
Be Real

Independence, KS

#20 Nov 15, 2010
Great guy wrote:
Henry is awesome and doing our children a great service!
Is he doin a good service in cursing them out and putting them down which i have witnessed more than enough times don't let him fool ya! he puts on a whole new act for people that he wants to impress and think he's intelligent and then back behind closed doors back to old I'm gonna do wtf I want and Say wtf I want Henry because Im over This building,but my kids will never go there again and be talked down on and cursed out I dont do it to them and he Darn Sure is not gonna be. FYI (Drug Test Are Also Needed To Work With Our Kids) Because Henrys Not All you all that wonderful person you all paint him as.
Be Real

Independence, KS

#21 Nov 15, 2010
Sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
That mans a tickin time bomb one sec he's ok the next min he's cursing kids out like he's their Commander and then the next day he acts like nothin evr happened wanting them to come back he has issues he's Bipolar on sumthin or jus plum crazy.
Two Cents Worth

Coffeyville, KS

#22 Nov 15, 2010
I also wonder if anyone ever did a real background check on him? I would bet not, we are starving for something positive for the youth to do!
Why is he not set up in one of the school gyms? Parents demand a background check on this man and you will all be suprised what you find. Is he really who he says he is?
Think about it do any of us really know this guy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Neodesha Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stadium 13 min wondering 116
Carmen Taylor Flynn 1 hr let it go 5
what are your thoughts on our community correct... 8 hr wake up 17
News Equity makes an acquisition in Independence 13 hr true 3
HATE DEVILBABY? then do this.... Tue TheGander 18
western diner are you kidding me Tue Fredonia citizen 8
Three Word Conversation Game... (Jun '12) Tue Snake peter 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Neodesha Mortgages