Cessna Management/Bad weather
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
OlWilson22

Chanute, KS

#21 Feb 21, 2013
My wife is an R.N. at the hospital and she made it to work. She just left in plenty of time to get there. She drove 8 miles and it took her an extra 10 minutes.We are both on call 24 hours a day 365 days a year. When there is an emergency you do whatever it takes to get there.Quit your complaining on go to work.
man up baby

Coffeyville, KS

#22 Feb 21, 2013
My spouse and kid left at 3:30 this morning to get to work, 9 miles away, by 4. The didn't even slide around and said roads are just mostly wet. Does the baby on here call in on rainy days too? Yeah, there's an easily replaced employee for you. Just because the weather says it, rarely means they are correct. They change the forcast most days every half hour. Man up and get your slacking ass to work!
Beach

Chanute, KS

#23 Feb 21, 2013
I walked to work today. Naked and it was awesome! Looks like it will be a great day for a slush fight. Dont worry not too many sissies out just us naked bad asses!!! Oh and my 7 year old daughter is out and her friends but cessna wont hire them yet, but they are on the waiting list.
The HR told me they had to get rid of some other little girls that whine ALOT!!!
just because

Kansas City, KS

#24 Feb 21, 2013
To Yea right-- that may very well be true in some states or areas- but it wasn't the case here!! Go to work- take your holiday pay- whatever- but don't blame it on bad management. They did their responsibility!
Curious

United States

#25 Feb 21, 2013
local indy wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to walk uphill both ways in four foot of snow to work, man up or go home/stay home! Lawsuit an fines? Get real buddy, couple inches of snow... You people act like were gonna get snowed in, get your lazy ass outta bed an get to work!
Wow, four foot of snow! Where were you the north pole? There has never been a recorded four foot snow fall in Independence. Are you sure you don't have an M1A1 Abrham in your garage. Maybe a duece and a half! I'll bet when you finally scratched on the door and moaned let me in you were mghty disappointed to find out the boss never made it to work. Because if Independence would have ever had four foot of snow they would have found your dead body as soon as the snow melted!
local indy

Minneapolis, MN

#26 Feb 21, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, four foot of snow! Where were you the north pole? There has never been a recorded four foot snow fall in Independence. Are you sure you don't have an M1A1 Abrham in your garage. Maybe a duece and a half! I'll bet when you finally scratched on the door and moaned let me in you were mghty disappointed to find out the boss never made it to work. Because if Independence would have ever had four foot of snow they would have found your dead body as soon as the snow melted!
You sir are a retard! Obviously a youngster, old people always said up hill both ways barefoot... Kids these days i tell ya what!
whatever

Coffeyville, KS

#27 Feb 21, 2013
I wish my boss would taxi me to work. We don't get snow days so if my car won't make it I have to walk. So what is you're complaining about Carl?
Broke

Chanute, KS

#28 Feb 21, 2013
Carl must have spent his day off at the gynecologist. No sign of him today.
really

Erie, KS

#29 Feb 21, 2013
Here's a thought, don't like driving in snow, move. I have only called in once cuz of snow. I spent 2 hours shoving snow out of my drive and still couldn't get out. Even after shoveling for 2 hours I called in 2 hours before I had to be there. I started shoveling at 3:00 am, had to be there at 7:00am, my drive to work was one hour in good weather. Good grief, Carl you are a pansy. By the way, I'm an old woman. Again, pansy.
Curious

United States

#30 Feb 21, 2013
local indy wrote:
<quoted text>
You sir are a retard! Obviously a youngster, old people always said up hill both ways barefoot... Kids these days i tell ya what!
Ah, but you did you said you walked in four feet of snow. There were no "old people" mentioned. So, I ask you, who is the retard? Not me!
Broke

United States

#31 Feb 25, 2013
Is Carl wussing out again tomorrow?
Lucky Dogs always whine

Atoka, OK

#32 Feb 27, 2013
Carl wrote:
Seems management at Cessna isn't concerned too much about their employees safety when it comes to bad weather and being at or getting to work.Cessna has a policy if there is bad weather and can't make it to work or feel its unsafe for you to be out in the weather that you can have a weather day.On this day you may use vacation,personal time or take it unpaid as an excused absence. We all have heard today that the weather might get ugly tonight.Instead of the managers actually caring about our safety and reassuring us that if we think we can't make it..stay home,its not worth risking your safety,they harp at everyone to make sure and leave plenty early because its going to be bad and we need to get there on time.One even offered to be a taxi.Just seems pretty pathetic that they are so much more worried about "work" getting done then the employees safety.Some people just flat out don't like being out in the bad weather and to me they should be more thoughtful about peoples feelings when it comes to safety. If it was a "Cessna" issue,I'm sure they would be right on it.
Whiner. Oh, so they will allow you to use vacation or personal time and you are still bitchin' about it? Really?

Try this on for size. Become an RN in a hospital. See if they have any sympathy for you then. NO they will not. Nor should they. Here's what you do when you know there's going to be bad weather - you pack a bag and you leave early. You get your sorry arse to work. Oh, and usually you work at least 12.5 hours. And then you turn around and you do it again the next day. So, if you live very far away, you pack enough clothes in your bag to stay over somewhere if you need to.

And, if you're a hospital nurse, don't even think about calling in and trying to use a vacation day - that crap ain't gonna fly, even if you have 120 hours on the books. Why? Because you have to ask for vacation weeks in advance, baby. That schedule is already out; and if you're scheduled to work, you're workin'!

Get over yourself. Be glad you have a job. I hear there's a long list waiting for yours.
Francis Crabass

Renton, WA

#33 Feb 28, 2013
Yea, and if you paint a big 'ole S on your damn chest hit someone while driving to your job and there is a posted weather warning, the local authorities have said roads are dangerous and the governor advises to stay at home you damn well better. Because if you hit someone they have the right to sue your sorry dumb ass right off the face of the earth and don't worry, they will win. So, play nurse nightingale all you want, you aren't no damn saint and you might get to the clinic (Independence hospital) a little different than you thought you would. Capish 'ole gal. Bullshit, I'm just gonna do as I damn well please and get my sorry holier than thou ass out on these roads in my half track just cause I can, I don't give a damn what they say. Well, like I said, you'll get your ass sued over the moon if you ever hit someone.
really

Wichita, KS

#34 Mar 1, 2013
you must not be a nurse, otherwise you would understand
Francis Crabass

Bothell, WA

#35 Mar 2, 2013
I am simply stating if the officials have posted a weather warning, the governor has stated to stay at home and off of the roads and the local authorities discourage traveling and you are caught out and hurt someone else who should also not be out you are going to be sued and lose, period. That is you are found at fault. LAW does not hold "nurses" above anyone else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Neodesha Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dustin Hare 3 min WTF 3
New Houses from Independence Housing Authority. 47 min ghost town coming 3
Three Word Conversation Game... (Jun '12) 53 min Putin 45
New city park at Chestnut & Penn 2 hr Answer 27
Letter to KDOT 2 hr Cahill 1
Townsman 2 hr so true 16
Braums 2 hr Next 19

Neodesha Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance