Cessna Management/Bad weather

Posted in the Neodesha Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Carl

Chanute, KS

#1 Feb 20, 2013
Seems management at Cessna isn't concerned too much about their employees safety when it comes to bad weather and being at or getting to work.Cessna has a policy if there is bad weather and can't make it to work or feel its unsafe for you to be out in the weather that you can have a weather day.On this day you may use vacation,personal time or take it unpaid as an excused absence. We all have heard today that the weather might get ugly tonight.Instead of the managers actually caring about our safety and reassuring us that if we think we can't make it..stay home,its not worth risking your safety,they harp at everyone to make sure and leave plenty early because its going to be bad and we need to get there on time.One even offered to be a taxi.Just seems pretty pathetic that they are so much more worried about "work" getting done then the employees safety.Some people just flat out don't like being out in the bad weather and to me they should be more thoughtful about peoples feelings when it comes to safety. If it was a "Cessna" issue,I'm sure they would be right on it.
just because

Garden City, MO

#2 Feb 20, 2013
Carl wrote:
Seems management at Cessna isn't concerned too much about their employees safety when it comes to bad weather and being at or getting to work.Cessna has a policy if there is bad weather and can't make it to work or feel its unsafe for you to be out in the weather that you can have a weather day.On this day you may use vacation,personal time or take it unpaid as an excused absence. We all have heard today that the weather might get ugly tonight.Instead of the managers actually caring about our safety and reassuring us that if we think we can't make it..stay home,its not worth risking your safety,they harp at everyone to make sure and leave plenty early because its going to be bad and we need to get there on time.One even offered to be a taxi.Just seems pretty pathetic that they are so much more worried about "work" getting done then the employees safety.Some people just flat out don't like being out in the bad weather and to me they should be more thoughtful about peoples feelings when it comes to safety. If it was a "Cessna" issue,I'm sure they would be right on it.
Wow- sounds as if you are really a wus. Be glad you have a job. It is your responsibility to get to that job. If you don't want it step aside and let someone who needs it have one. There are many many jobs that you must be there, such as firemen, policemen, city workers and such. What if they didn't show up? Sometimes you just have to start early and drive with caution. What about the farmers that need to feed animals, don't think they get a snow day! Suck it up and go to work!!
john

Independence, KS

#3 Feb 20, 2013
mayb they could fly and pick you up
amazon

United States

#4 Feb 20, 2013
Carl wrote:
Are you sure your not talking about Amazon? Lol! Amazon told us the same thing today to leave for work earlier and pack your car with extra blankets, water, ect. Im thinking, if they are telling us this, its obviously gonna be really bad and I dont wanna go to work if its gonna be a threat to my life getting there. Amazon doesnt care if we risk our lifes to go to work but yet if we get hurt at work, Amazon has a cow. I understand bout getting work on the clock and the liabilty, saftey, ect. But what I dont understand is why work is more important then humans. If they dont care bout us, why did they hire us? Lol! Sounds like Amazon and Cessna have the same management. ;)
Broke

Independence, KS

#5 Feb 20, 2013
Carl wrote:
I would be more concerned about your vagina getting cold. Wear some thermal panties, that's my advice Alice.
cindy

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Feb 20, 2013
just because wrote:
<quoted text>Wow- sounds as if you are really a wus. Be glad you have a job. It is your responsibility to get to that job. If you don't want it step aside and let someone who needs it have one. There are many many jobs that you must be there, such as firemen, policemen, city workers and such. What if they didn't show up? Sometimes you just have to start early and drive with caution. What about the farmers that need to feed animals, don't think they get a snow day! Suck it up and go to work!!
Shut it,he is a cessna worker. You just sound jealous because your a hooker.
no nonsense

Independence, KS

#7 Feb 20, 2013
I worked at a factory in Independence. There was a big flood and I couldn't get from the town I lived in to get to work there in Indy. The HR was giving me suggestions on how I could get around the flood to make it into work. It looks like things haven't changed.
wtf

Osage City, KS

#8 Feb 20, 2013
if you dont want to go to work dont go
just because

Garden City, MO

#9 Feb 20, 2013
cindy wrote:
<quoted text> Shut it,he is a cessna worker. You just sound jealous because your a hooker.
Naw, I am just someone who worked very hard for many years and did not expect a hand out. A job is not a social club or a baby sitter. Like I said- just man up or put on your big girl panties and go to work!
Broke

Independence, KS

#10 Feb 20, 2013
cindy wrote:
<quoted text> Shut it,he is a cessna worker. You just sound jealous because your a hooker.
At least a hooker wouldn't be crying about hitting the street to go to work like Carlita.
good god

Independence, KS

#11 Feb 20, 2013
good god wus go to work, i am. i'm friggin glad i got a J O B ! i drove every day for a pop route no matter the weather for 6 years and i'm still alive, suck it up puss.or heck dont goto work, theres plenty o replacements out there for you.
Bath Salts

Wichita, KS

#12 Feb 20, 2013
So...management gave you several options and advice on how to get to work in a timely and safe fashion, even offering to drive you for free and you came on topix to complain. Do you understand what management does or what management means?

Guessing you aren't up for a promotion any time soon.
honey boo boo

Garden City, MO

#13 Feb 20, 2013
Thinks Carl needs to audition for her job!
Carl

Chanute, KS

#14 Feb 20, 2013
Nothing you losers are saying has anything to do with Cessna giving their employees weather days.And for the record,I just called my boss and WILL be using mine tmrw.Paid.Be jealous.I will enjoy my day off tmrw.After 13 years of being an employee,this is a first for me.
Broke

Independence, KS

#15 Feb 20, 2013
Carl wrote:
Nothing you losers are saying has anything to do with Cessna giving their employees weather days.And for the record,I just called my boss and WILL be using mine tmrw.Paid.Be jealous.I will enjoy my day off tmrw.After 13 years of being an employee,this is a first for me.
Keep that vagina warm Carlita! You're the working woman's hero!
Nothing new

Independence, KS

#16 Feb 20, 2013
I don't see the big deal. Anywhere I've ever worked, I've had to use vacation, sick, or personal days if I missed work because of the weather. It sounded fair to me. If you want to quit I'd be glad to take your job since they're getting rid of mine sometime this year.
Mr Walkman

Ochelata, OK

#17 Feb 20, 2013
Freekin panzy!!! You cry about having to go to work because of weather. What about everyone else that doesn't get to do that... police, fire EMS,city workers, KDOT..... what about them, what are to say????

Exactly, shut the f*** up and leave early and get to work.......safely!
Yea Right

Seattle, WA

#18 Feb 21, 2013
I tell you, this damn issue with who is going to be the most macho and by God the snow was 50 feet deep and I still made it to work attitude is bullshit. There is a winter storm warning issued for the area. In many states when a winter storm warning is issued driving on roads is temporarily banned. You get your sorry asses caught on those roads, you go to jail and then pay the fine most don't have the money to pay. There are a lot of areas now charging an accident tax for services of wrecker, ambulance and law response. Look it up! Yes, it is called an accident tax. Your days pay won't even scratch the surface from all of the fines, legal fees and insurance premium increases. Now, for those of you who think you are immortal, and your big ole damn truck should have been used in Desert Storm because it is as good as a tank and won't slide should you hit someone because you loose control of your vehicle, please keep in mind you can be SUED for for damages should you be cited for not being able to control your vehicle. For the employer who puts you under the burden of duress to make a dangerous trip to work, they can be sued. So, employers thing about that. Keep your asses home and wait things out. From a legal stand point, its your call, if you have a lot of money go right ahead and get on out there. Just go right on ahead and get out there and "git 'er done." I'm sure there will be a good attorney somewhere who is just waiting to represent you in court. Yea, I know, clueless, nuts, spam. That's fine by me! All I am saying is go ahead and make someone's day, I am sure there are a lot of folks out there who could use a little lawsuit money!
local indy

United States

#19 Feb 21, 2013
Yea Right wrote:
I tell you, this damn issue with who is going to be the most macho and by God the snow was 50 feet deep and I still made it to work attitude is bullshit. There is a winter storm warning issued for the area. In many states when a winter storm warning is issued driving on roads is temporarily banned. You get your sorry asses caught on those roads, you go to jail and then pay the fine most don't have the money to pay. There are a lot of areas now charging an accident tax for services of wrecker, ambulance and law response. Look it up! Yes, it is called an accident tax. Your days pay won't even scratch the surface from all of the fines, legal fees and insurance premium increases. Now, for those of you who think you are immortal, and your big ole damn truck should have been used in Desert Storm because it is as good as a tank and won't slide should you hit someone because you loose control of your vehicle, please keep in mind you can be SUED for for damages should you be cited for not being able to control your vehicle. For the employer who puts you under the burden of duress to make a dangerous trip to work, they can be sued. So, employers thing about that. Keep your asses home and wait things out. From a legal stand point, its your call, if you have a lot of money go right ahead and get on out there. Just go right on ahead and get out there and "git 'er done." I'm sure there will be a good attorney somewhere who is just waiting to represent you in court. Yea, I know, clueless, nuts, spam. That's fine by me! All I am saying is go ahead and make someone's day, I am sure there are a lot of folks out there who could use a little lawsuit money!
I used to walk uphill both ways in four foot of snow to work, man up or go home/stay home! Lawsuit an fines? Get real buddy, couple inches of snow... You people act like were gonna get snowed in, get your lazy ass outta bed an get to work!
Broke

Independence, KS

#20 Feb 21, 2013
Yea Right wrote:
Another in need of a vagisil rubdown!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Neodesha Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robert Dale Frank aressted in the attempted rap... 3 hr Just wondering 292
who is ghost town coming? 4 hr Bellweather 26
Gasoline prices -- again 7 hr Cinnamon Bun. 46
Jim Smith in accident? 19 hr who cares 35
Independence Needs to Plan for Downsizing Thu ghost town coming 1
watch out for gold pontiac sunfire Thu S 2nd 2
burrito bar Thu Neat Freak 30
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Neodesha Mortgages