created by: good lookin | Feb 5, 2009

Elgin, NE

144 votes

Do the cops in Antelope County do a good job?

Click on an option to vote

• No
  • Hell No
  • Yes
  • Sometimes
Comments
1 - 20 of 46 Comments Last updated Nov 17, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
good lookin

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2009

I heard they have a problem showing up when called.
good lookin

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2009

Does anyone have a good story about an experience with the counties finest?
name witheld

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2009

I called once for assistance after a person had damaged a pickup of mine by jumping on top of the hood, smashing it completely. It aiso had many missing parts in it. I was told by the deputy on duty that there was nothing they could do and I should talk to a lawyer and sue for damages since it was a civil matter and not criminal. Have not called them again!
good lookin

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2009

name witheld wrote:
I called once for assistance after a person had damaged a pickup of mine by jumping on top of the hood, smashing it completely. It aiso had many missing parts in it. I was told by the deputy on duty that there was nothing they could do and I should talk to a lawyer and sue for damages since it was a civil matter and not criminal. Have not called them again!
Did you know the person who did it?
name witheld

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2009

good lookin wrote:
<quoted text>Did you know the person who did it?
Yes, and I had witnesses. Im sorry but it seemed to be criminal to me.
good lookin

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2009

name witheld wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and I had witnesses. Im sorry but it seemed to be criminal to me.
That is so sad that they didn't do anything. They probably knew the person also. I had heard that there were a bunch of kids at a house and they were vandalizing it. A total of 50 or so kids and only 15 got into trouble.
good lookin

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

I heard Long was squirming in his seat yesterday?
good lookin

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2009

Are people afraid they will retaliate (spelling) on them if they post something?
JaySilentBob

Austin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2009

Judged:

Mike Long is not the "long dick of the law". he is a bully and needs to be removed from this county. This county is the most crookedest counties around here. If mike long wouldnt be here, i think the cops wouldnt be as bad. We have a major problem in our county and something needs to be done immediately!!!
Tinker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2009

I really hate to tell you, but you get what you pay for! Cops don't get paid well for the job so the good ones are going to go for bigger and better things. The other ones are just going to hang around so they can strap on a gun and look tough. Sorry, but that's the reality of the situation.
JaySilentBob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

Judged:

I think its funny how you spend days in jail for drinking, and get probation for getting caught with a meth lab.
Cassandra

Topeka, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2009

Judged:

gosh, you guys in Antelope County complain about all of your county officials. Why don't you run and get that county cleaned up or change the laws instead of griping about it?
unclewoody

Country Club Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2009

Judged:

Cassandra wrote:
gosh, you guys in Antelope County complain about all of your county officials. Why don't you run and get that county cleaned up or change the laws instead of griping about it?
Work in progress!
Former Nebraska resident

Topeka, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2009

Judged:

unclewoody wrote:
<quoted text>Work in progress!
What kind of a person goes by the name of unclewoody???? Are you for real???? I don't think I would believe a word anyone says that goes by a handle like that!!!! Get a respectful name and maybe I would consider believing anything you write!!!!
good lookin

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2009

Judged:

Former Nebraska resident wrote:
<quoted text>What kind of a person goes by the name of unclewoody???? Are you for real???? I don't think I would believe a word anyone says that goes by a handle like that!!!! Get a respectful name and maybe I would consider believing anything you write!!!!
quit your whining
good lookin

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2009

where did everybody go
Aunt Matilda

Norfolk, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2009

Judged:

Former Nebraska resident wrote:
<quoted text>What kind of a person goes by the name of unclewoody???? Are you for real???? I don't think I would believe a word anyone says that goes by a handle like that!!!! Get a respectful name and maybe I would consider believing anything you write!!!!
what are ya whinning about now? What is wrong with that name? Who has a handle anyway? I call it a pet name. Get out of your truck and get a life and mind your own business. I do not think anybody cares what you think. Get on the road again and leave the good life for us good people in Antelope county.
unclewoody II

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2009

Judged:

Hey what's wrong with that name?
unclewoody

Country Club Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2009

unclewoody II wrote:
Hey what's wrong with that name?
That's funny !!!!
johnny

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2009

Tinker wrote:
I really hate to tell you, but you get what you pay for! Cops don't get paid well for the job so the good ones are going to go for bigger and better things. The other ones are just going to hang around so they can strap on a gun and look tough. Sorry, but that's the reality of the situation.
they do what thier told by the people who run the town.the golden rule .the ones with the gold makes the rules

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Neligh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in Nebraska (... (Oct '10) Feb '14 Deena Province 102
What's your favorite thing about Neligh? (Mar '08) Feb '14 Charin 40
Who is that girl that lives beside State Farm inc (Feb '13) Feb '14 Darwdy girl 5
NE Who do you support for Governor in Nebraska in ... (Oct '10) Jan '14 Orville 1,093
Sheriff turns over box of cash amid investigation (Feb '08) Dec '13 FreddiemLopez 2,353
Double-Homicide trial begins in Neligh, Nebraska (Nov '13) Nov '13 Rock Chalk 1
NE Who do you support for Auditor of Public Accoun... (Oct '10) Jul '13 Test 302
•••
•••
•••

Neligh Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Neligh People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Neligh News, Events & Info