What's your favorite thing about Neligh?

What's your favorite thing about Neligh?

Created by Overdrive on Mar 25, 2008

170 votes

Click on an option to vote

Starlite drive-in

The Neligh-Oakdale Warriors

Daily Special at Daddy's

Fishin' the Elkhorn River

Cow Tippin'

Bread & Jam Festival

Antelope Cnty Rodeo

Auction Time

Picnics

Easter Egg Hunt

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BJK

AOL

#1 Mar 25, 2008
This was a tough decision but the Ice cream festival downtown and then the Grease Pig contest ranked VERY high. Loved watching the kids at the Easter Egg Hunt even in the cold last year. Daddys is a MUST DO whenever we are in town. Thanks Neligh for being so "Down Home".
Jelly Beanz

Country Club Hills, IL

#2 Mar 27, 2008
Are you kidding me Daddys Cafe sux !!
just reading

Norfolk, NE

#3 Aug 9, 2008
I agree the fountain is the best other than Doogles is also good
Velvet Overman

Country Club Hills, IL

#4 Sep 12, 2008
I am sorry but DOOGLES is the best place to eat, the food is great!!! You must try the bread pudding it will rock your world, mouth watering good!!!! Doug and Gloria are wonderful people.
But Not daddys, once it was good food but not anymore.
Antoine

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#5 Nov 6, 2008
I support your local sports teams!
Antoine

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#6 Nov 13, 2008
Antoine wrote:
I support your local sports teams!
I noticed that my comments were judged poorly, what kind of message does that send to the youth of your community? One that you don't care about them. You care more for an eatery.
hihowyadoing

Lincoln, NE

#7 Nov 13, 2008
Reading a nice heartwarming story in the Omaha paper about a community coming together to help the family of a local tragically injured by senseless violence.... Then reading the story next to it about idiots who can't realize that their assessor isn't the one causing their high taxes. Why oh why can't you ask your county board, city council, school board, NRD, weed district, and every other group on that tax statement why they need so much money to operate?
Harold

Hays, KS

#8 Nov 14, 2008
I'm happy that Neligh is so far from Alma!
Antoine

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#9 Nov 16, 2008
Harold wrote:
I'm happy that Neligh is so far from Alma!
I'm afraid that I agree with you, unfortunately I do visit out that way and have to deal with these people occasionally!
Bitsy

United States

#10 Dec 18, 2008
The best thing about Neligh is I don't live there!
Truth B Known

United States

#11 Apr 20, 2009
Yes, The BEST thing about Neligh is that YOU don't live there. Kudos to Neligh and the rest of small-town America!
Bitsy wrote:
The best thing about Neligh is I don't live there!
Former Nebraska resident

Topeka, KS

#12 Apr 21, 2009
Small towns are nice but they do have their own set troubles. Like the fact that everybody knows your business and if they don't they make it up!!!!!!!!!
Cassandra

Topeka, KS

#13 Apr 21, 2009
Looks like you don't live there either, Truth B Known, which is probably a good thing!
Aunt Matilda

Norfolk, NE

#14 Apr 23, 2009
Antoine wrote:
<quoted text> I'm afraid that I agree with you, unfortunately I do visit out that way and have to deal with these people occasionally!
Accept our sympathy
johnny

Nampa, ID

#15 Apr 24, 2009
hihowyadoing wrote:
Reading a nice heartwarming story in the Omaha paper about a community coming together to help the family of a local tragically injured by senseless violence.... Then reading the story next to it about idiots who can't realize that their assessor isn't the one causing their high taxes. Why oh why can't you ask your county board, city council, school board, NRD, weed district, and every other group on that tax statement why they need so much money to operate?
they are cry babys the assessor is lucky she dont have to deal with them any more. the whole town sux
unclewoody

Country Club Hills, IL

#16 Apr 24, 2009
johnny wrote:
<quoted text>they are cry babys the assessor is lucky she dont have to deal with them any more. the whole town sux
johnny johnny johnny you got it all wrong!We dont have to deal with her anymore!!!!
Disappointed

Bellevue, NE

#17 Apr 24, 2009
hihowyadoing wrote:
Reading a nice heartwarming story in the Omaha paper about a community coming together to help the family of a local tragically injured by senseless violence.... Then reading the story next to it about idiots who can't realize that their assessor isn't the one causing their high taxes. Why oh why can't you ask your county board, city council, school board, NRD, weed district, and every other group on that tax statement why they need so much money to operate?
It is because of too many schools. If resources (school, maintenance, etc) resources are shared, Antelope County could reduce it's expenditures by 45% and improve the quality of education (breadth of classes, etc). Just a thought.
good lookin

AOL

#18 Apr 25, 2009
Disappointed wrote:
<quoted text>
It is because of too many schools. If resources (school, maintenance, etc) resources are shared, Antelope County could reduce it's expenditures by 45% and improve the quality of education (breadth of classes, etc). Just a thought.
That may have a little to do with it but she was screwing up and that is all there is to it.
Disappointed

Bellevue, NE

#19 Apr 25, 2009
good lookin wrote:
<quoted text>That may have a little to do with it but she was screwing up and that is all there is to it.
Yes, she was. There is an issue that should be addressed about taxes...there are such a small amount of people trying to support each of the schools, town maintenance staff, police, etc. Cannot be done without sacrificing quality, money, etc. Why not consolidate these resources...build one large school for the county.
Debbie

Topeka, KS

#20 May 1, 2009
good lookin wrote:
<quoted text>That may have a little to do with it but she was screwing up and that is all there is to it.
You have yourselves a new assessor, so move on already! Is forgiveness not something taught up in that area? I am sure you have never made a mistake in your life right???? So good to be perfect!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Neligh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Nebraska (... (Oct '10) Apr '15 voter 44
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Nebraska (... (Oct '10) Apr '15 neutral 103
News Sheriff turns over box of cash amid investigation (Feb '08) Dec '13 FreddiemLopez 2,353
News Double-Homicide trial begins in Neligh, Nebraska (Nov '13) Nov '13 Rock Chalk 1
Who is that girl that lives beside State Farm inc (Feb '13) Nov '13 Rock Chalk 3
News Keystone XL pipeline: Is Canada preparing for a... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Neil 1
Poll Do the cops in Antelope County do a good job? (Feb '09) Nov '12 Mrs no name 46
More from around the web

Neligh People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]