10 Million Cadillac's Buick's Oldsmobile's Chevy's Designed in Michigan Prisons

Posted in the Negaunee Forum

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#1 Jan 20, 2013
Staff and inmates at Jackson and Marquette Michigan Penitentiaries were the first to witness and critique designs used on the 1977 to 1990 Cadillac DeVille, Brougham and the Chevrolet Impala, Caprice.
Behind the Prison walls at Marquette the designs for the Motor Trend Magazine Prestigious "Car of the Year" award winning 1977 Chevrolet Impala and 1979 Buick Riviera were first conceived and drawn by yours truly.
In fact it was the Corrections Staff at Marquette Prison sometime between 1973-1975 that first thought the Chevy design was a winner and urged me not to tear it up and throw it away. Turns out General Motors Consumer Clinics and Motor Trend Magazine agreed with them.
There are likely still lost valuable original drawings of DeVille's, Eldorado's, Buicks, Riviera's, Oldsmobiles, Toronado's, SeVille's and Chevrolets still floating around the Michigan Penal System today.
Those drawings are part of Black History as well as General Motors History. Anyone aware of those drawings or who witnessed seeing those drawings please contact me.
Yoyo

United States

#2 Mar 11, 2013
Hey!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Negaunee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Palmer man charged with CSC (Feb '14) Oct 10 Marie 2
On This Day in U.P. Weather History: August 27 Sep '14 Sneaky Pete 2
amber alert amber alert be on the look out plea... Sep '14 amber alert 2
You are missed and loved (Jan '14) Sep '14 amber alert 3
Windmill at housing authority Jul '14 Marco 1
Just made my first website! Jul '14 Sneaky Pete 2
Get paid from home! Jul '14 rider 2
Negaunee Dating
Find my Match

Negaunee Jobs