White House fixes map missing Upper Peninsula

Nov 8, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WZZM-TV Grand Rapids

First, a U.S. senator questions the worth of a couple of Up North national parks and now this: A map put out by the White House gets rid of the Upper Peninsula entirely.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Nov 17, 2013
Carolyn

Iron Mountain, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

This is not the first time we have been forgotten...It happens a lot. We should really be a part of Wisconsin because they know we are here, Take a look at a map if you can find one with the UP on it. UP stands for UPPER PENNINSULA of MICHIGAN. YES we really do exist. EDUCATE YOURSELF!!!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Carolyn wrote:
This is not the first time we have been forgotten...It happens a lot. We should really be a part of Wisconsin because they know we are here, Take a look at a map if you can find one with the UP on it. UP stands for UPPER PENNINSULA of MICHIGAN. YES we really do exist. EDUCATE YOURSELF!!!
oh, be glad for it. i winter across the lake from you in the Arrowhead region of minnesota...also the forgotten region of our state, and we like it that way...it keeps the riff raff out.

years ago, i was down at one of our local taverns bragging to this stranger about how much snow i have to plow on our 8 miles of forest service road into our place. turns out the guy was a yupper...i apologized immediately.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

and then i misspell yuper...just a typo...sorry.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

The UP, a wonderful place to snowmobile, much better than Canada as they have issues with marking their trails properly.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

I wish the UP wasn't on a U.S. map. If they would secede from the monstrosity this nation has become, I'd move there tomorrow!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Negaunee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Negaunee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••