labor day parade
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
parade watcher

Neelyville, MO

#1 Sep 3, 2012
Hats off to all responsible for today's parade! It was nice weather and the kids got plenty of candy! glad to see this tradition continue!

Since: Sep 12

Dixon, MO

#2 Sep 3, 2012
Yes hats off to the Parade. Is was a great day for it. had a good time with the family watching. The grandkids got pletty of candy. they been hipped on sugar all after noon.
Anyone know how the young lady that fell off the float is doing?
Proud mama

United States

#3 Sep 3, 2012
She has a terrible bump, but thankfully all scans were normal. She was released and sent home.

Since: Sep 12

Dixon, MO

#4 Sep 3, 2012
Thats great news.
Know who she is?
Proud Mama

United States

#5 Sep 3, 2012
Her name is Betty Hampton.
parent of 4

United States

#6 Sep 4, 2012
Thanks for everyone in the parade me and my family enjoyed it and had a great time! God bless the lady who got hurt.
ashamed

Vilonia, AR

#7 Sep 4, 2012
I was ashamed of our town when I saw how terrible it looked the day of the parade!! The streets looked awful and the grass and weeds along the streets was grown up and unkept. Shame on our mayor and the road department for not at least trying to show pride in our community. The parade was wonderful as usual though. makes me wonder why we pay so much in taxes if they aren't going to at least try to make it look half way decent when we have all the out I'd town people here for the holiday weekend. Shame on you city officials for dropping the ball. I saw them out mowing and weed eating along the streets today but it was a day late since the parade was yesterday
Someone Who Knows

Rockaway Beach, MO

#8 Sep 4, 2012
ashamed wrote:
I was ashamed of our town when I saw how terrible it looked the day of the parade!! The streets looked awful and the grass and weeds along the streets was grown up and unkept. Shame on our mayor and the road department for not at least trying to show pride in our community. The parade was wonderful as usual though. makes me wonder why we pay so much in taxes if they aren't going to at least try to make it look half way decent when we have all the out I'd town people here for the holiday weekend. Shame on you city officials for dropping the ball. I saw them out mowing and weed eating along the streets today but it was a day late since the parade was yesterday
Ashamed should be ashamed of him or her self for posting such claptrap. Before Labor Day weekend it was so dry there was no grass to mow and then six inches comes down and things shoot up again before City workers get back from the holiday weekend and you have the nerve, no, the gall, to bitch and moan? By the way numnuts, the responsibility for mowing grass along Walnut Street is on the adjoining landowners, not the City. Get your facts right before casting your negative waves.
parade watcher

Neelyville, MO

#9 Sep 4, 2012
ashamed wrote:
I was ashamed of our town when I saw how terrible it looked the day of the parade!! The streets looked awful and the grass and weeds along the streets was grown up and unkept. Shame on our mayor and the road department for not at least trying to show pride in our community. The parade was wonderful as usual though. makes me wonder why we pay so much in taxes if they aren't going to at least try to make it look half way decent when we have all the out I'd town people here for the holiday weekend. Shame on you city officials for dropping the ball. I saw them out mowing and weed eating along the streets today but it was a day late since the parade was yesterday
Due to the drought the grass hasn't grown until recent rains, and with city ,county ,and state funds being tight i bet you would have complained about tax dollars being spent on mowing and spraying had it been done earlier(perhaps saturday morning in the rain). I think the mayor has been in the hospital for a few weeks, he is usually near the front of the parade, had you not been so busy staring the weeds you would have noticed!
GUEST
#10 Sep 5, 2012
Someone Who Knows wrote:
<quoted text>
Ashamed should be ashamed of him or her self for posting such claptrap. Before Labor Day weekend it was so dry there was no grass to mow and then six inches comes down and things shoot up again before City workers get back from the holiday weekend and you have the nerve, no, the gall, to bitch and moan? By the way numnuts, the responsibility for mowing grass along Walnut Street is on the adjoining landowners, not the City. Get your facts right before casting your negative waves.
Totally agree with you.
good point

Vilonia, AR

#11 Sep 5, 2012
ashamed wrote:
I was ashamed of our town when I saw how terrible it looked the day of the parade!! The streets looked awful and the grass and weeds along the streets was grown up and unkept. Shame on our mayor and the road department for not at least trying to show pride in our community. The parade was wonderful as usual though. makes me wonder why we pay so much in taxes if they aren't going to at least try to make it look half way decent when we have all the out I'd town people here for the holiday weekend. Shame on you city officials for dropping the ball. I saw them out mowing and weed eating along the streets today but it was a day late since the parade was yesterday
I agree the town could have been presented a bit cleaner but somebody overlooked that part of the preparation. They had plenty of time to get the grass mowed and the weeds knocked down but apparently decided not to. The grass and weeds at the boat ramps, heritage homestead, and city hall are all part of the city officials responsibility. If our mayor is in the hospital then that explains why our city workers got lazy and didn't do their job. I have lived here all my life and have never seen our town not cleaned up before this holiday. I don't think the rain is an excuse because it didn't rain all day Saturday and that was plenty of time to clean up, heck they had all week too, except for Friday. I agree with ashamed on this one, I think a little more effort could have been put forth.
eww

United States

#12 Sep 5, 2012
The parade was great for a doniphan parade, thats for sure! I do have to complain about the used condom lying in a puddle in quick connections parking lot! All us parents did our best to not let the litre ones pick it up as they dove for candy, and a nice woman covered it up with paper so it wouldn't be so noticeable, but still very gross!!!!!!!
tax payer

Harrison, AR

#13 Sep 5, 2012
the parade could have lasted five hours and been as good as the maceys day parade and you people would still bitch. it was a good parade, and the mayor and city worker are not responcible for moweing everyone in towns yards and instead of bitching next year get on the commitie and help out
wrong

Vilonia, AR

#14 Sep 5, 2012
I believe their complaint was about city hall, the parks, and the heritage homestead not being cleaned up or mowed not people's yards. If you would have read their posts then you would know that. Go back and read the posts again before you jump down their throat wrongly. I don't believe any of their posts complained about the parade itself. I for one agree with them about city workers dropping the ball when it comes to cleaning up the town.
GUEST
#15 Sep 5, 2012
wrong wrote:
I believe their complaint was about city hall, the parks, and the heritage homestead not being cleaned up or mowed not people's yards. If you would have read their posts then you would know that. Go back and read the posts again before you jump down their throat wrongly. I don't believe any of their posts complained about the parade itself. I for one agree with them about city workers dropping the ball when it comes to cleaning up the town.
You need to read before you jump down somebodys throat they clearly said city streets.
nuts

Vilonia, AR

#16 Sep 5, 2012
There is always a dumba$$ in every post. Guest and tax payer seem to have this one covered. I got what their complaint was. It was about the dirty streets and weeds growing along the streets in front of the parks and city hall. I saw it too and I wondered why they hadn't even made an attempt to clean it up
parade watcher

Greenbrier, AR

#17 Sep 5, 2012
nuts wrote:
There is always a dumba$$ in every post. Guest and tax payer seem to have this one covered. I got what their complaint was. It was about the dirty streets and weeds growing along the streets in front of the parks and city hall. I saw it too and I wondered why they hadn't even made an attempt to clean it up
I think we would all be better people if we counted our blessings and not our problems. I am also thankful for the volunteer fire fighters. When i first moved to ripley county i "assumed" that these people were paid, and the equipment was county owned. I have since learned otherwise. Ripley county has a lot to be thankful for, don't get distracted by weeds and a few pieces of scattered trash. Just my thoughts, i am responsible for my happiness. I enjoyed the parade, and a speedy recovery to the lady that fell!
buckshot

United States

#18 Sep 5, 2012
the parade was great,but i do think the city could have a little more pride and clean up all the town not just town a country where the mayor lives...
tax payer

Harrison, AR

#19 Sep 5, 2012
My point is that no matter how clean , how short the grass , no trash , no cigerette butts , and if people thru 100 dollar bills out instead of candy, theres always some asswhole going to complain. so blow it out your wazoo ill voice my opinion any time i want also.
Don Resident

Greenbrier, AR

#20 Sep 6, 2012
We didn't even go it's just not worth it anymore too many greedy people in this town especially if teenagers and adulys are going to knock small children over to "get it all"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Neelyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tranny looking for fun!!!! (Feb '15) 3 min HowToCalendar 32
virgil a patterson  4 min Justice 2
Brian Gann 8 min Justice 1
hosea tribute 10 min Racheal 3
Paying School Tax for your Retards 49 min agree 18
jody wilson (Sep '13) 1 hr DEADBEAT 30
Aron Griffin 1 hr Whos talkin too 2

Neelyville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Neelyville Mortgages