created by: ItsHilarious | Jul 25, 2012

Poplar Bluff, MO

164 votes

Should Ed Strenfel and Rick Sliger resign for unethical actions of office.

Click on an option to vote

• Ed Strenfel should resign
  • Rick Sliger should resign
  • Ed and Rick both should resign
  • They should not resign
Comments
21 - 40 of 78 Comments Last updated Aug 4, 2012
long john silver

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

I say do not vote for any of those candidates vote for the guy that does not go around slinging mud after all when you sling mud at others you get your own hands dirty.

Vote for Wayne Gilmore his hands are clean.
chicago IL

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Gilmore is a joke! He hasn't even formed a campaign committee or filed a campaign finance report. If your not going to be serious about running why spend the $50 to sign up?
Eddys friend

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

this is interesting wrote:
So how much did he cost the tax payers of the county in lawsuits? I'm interested now. I would think that would be of more inportence than the exact wording. Anyone know? I was leaning toward Dobbs, but I felt sorry for Eddie.
I've known Eddy for many years had only him do the work on my exhaust traded achery equipment and exchanged a lot of tails with him. As a commishner he has done a pretty good job but i have seen a very big change in him the last few years. He has is really turning into a politician Don't think we need another headstrong leader in butler county.
Observation

Vilonia, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>He admitted he was wrong, what more do you want? I really felt bad for Ed in the youtube video, the way Dobbs was so ungracious about it all after he admitted his error. And yes, they should check their sources more carefully, and I'm sure he knows that now. I've been hearing for a while now how that Mark Dobbs has cost the county money. Now, that doesn't seem important, in lieu of these accusations. What gives?
The Strenfel campaign's false accusations, intentional or unintentional, will be the lynch pin if Dobbs doesn't win the primary. This admission of guilt on this recording does nothing to mitigate the damage done. A public apology, written retractions and clearly restating the actual facts might not even be enough to protect Eddie from potential litigation. His best hope is that he loses the election and hope it all goes away.
this is interesting

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Observation wrote:
<quoted text>
The Strenfel campaign's false accusations, intentional or unintentional, will be the lynch pin if Dobbs doesn't win the primary. This admission of guilt on this recording does nothing to mitigate the damage done. A public apology, written retractions and clearly restating the actual facts might not even be enough to protect Eddie from potential litigation. His best hope is that he loses the election and hope it all goes away.
...and so we have another lawsuit? If you listen to the video on youtube, it's obvious that Dobbs plans to use it, just from the things he says and his attitude. I was leaning toward voting for him, now I'm not sure. I need to do a lot of praying now and even after the election. I suggest others do the same. I've seen prayer remove several from public office and it can again. We need more of it. I think it's a shame that we only have one major newspaper in this town. That might be something for us to pray about too.
this is interesting

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

needspace wrote:
Read the post. The county paid 10,000 twice. Which is less than most of the last sheriffs. In this sue happy world it does not sound that bad.
What is crazy is political corruption and distorting the truth when you know its not true but you think you are so powerful that you can get away with anything.
I was thinking I read somewhere that he was sued for a lot larger amount. You must be referring to the insurance premiums. So how many times will the insurance company pay? That's a good deal! Since there's talk of another lawsuit, then maybe they can pay out again?

Where can we see about buying some of this insurance? Or do we have to work for the county?
Attention Big Ed

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Do like Barb says...Pull out...Pull Out...
No Brainer

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>He admitted he was wrong, what more do you want? I really felt bad for Ed in the youtube video, the way Dobbs was so ungracious about it all after he admitted his error. And yes, they should check their sources more carefully, and I'm sure he knows that now. I've been hearing for a while now how that Mark Dobbs has cost the county money. Now, that doesn't seem important, in lieu of these accusations. What gives?
Losing money doesn't seem important to who ? Are you fickin kiddin me ? Glance at the poll. It's important.
this is interesting

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

No Brainer wrote:
<quoted text>Losing money doesn't seem important to who ? Are you fickin kiddin me ? Glance at the poll. It's important.
Listen to the video. Dobbs seems to be saying that Strenfel's accusations are more hurtful to him and his reputation, that the money he has cost the county. He said that it wasn't going to die or something like that. Am I hearing wrong? You tell me. Do we want someone like that as our sheriff? Like I said, we need to pray. I'm going to. Hey, Butler County just might need this to become a more godly county.
chicago IL

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Do I want someone like that as a sheriff? Of course that's the kind of person that needs to be sheriff! Someone that holds people accountable for their actions. If he made false accusationions about the sheriff he needs to be held accountable!
sheriff wydell

Liberty, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

i agree eddie sounded a little nervous talking to the sheriff in that recording....if he cant handle a little argument like that, how is he going to react under pressure if hes elected as sheriff???
this is interesting

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

chicago IL wrote:
Do I want someone like that as a sheriff? Of course that's the kind of person that needs to be sheriff! Someone that holds people accountable for their actions. If he made false accusationions about the sheriff he needs to be held accountable!
Like he said he was wrong, but this thing isn't over yet. I think Dobbs said that. What concerns me is more than just the accusations that were made. Why would a sheriff make a video like that when he has so much going for him? What does that say to the rest of us who might get in his way? What about the fact that the DAR is backing him like it is? There is a lot to consider when it comes time to vote.
really

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

What about the fact htat Rick Sliger is on a commercial misrepresenting a County officer. yes making a video pretraying that you are the dispatcher of the sheriffs dept is impersinating an officer!!! what about the fact that Rick sliger and ed strenful are the tow responsible for repairs not yet made to the levies, if it floods again lots of people are going to loose their homes again. What about the fact that Rick sliger while under eddie's watch got rid of 70+ volunteers that were utilized by the county city, highway partol as well as other counties when needed. way to go Eddie and Rick!!!
The real deal

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Don't forget about darnel where you see a stenful sign you will usualy see a darnel sign.I am sure he has the same honesty and integrity as big Ed.ha ha!
its not rocket science

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

ed pack up and get out the lieing cheating needs to go back to string town and stay we the people are done with your bs

Since: Feb 12

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

If the semo times rag wants to do a story, why dont they do a story on the sewer district, the president Carl Heuiser with his money problems and multiple bankruptcies and Ed Strenfel. Then they might earn the respect as a real reporting paper. He would not even have to work very hard on it since he already knows.
Bob Wiley

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Clearly the Sheriff made cousin Eddie look like a fool because of his experience doing interrogations and confronting deceptive people who are hiding things. Ed sounded like a scared little boy who had been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. His voice cracked repeatedly and he mumbled some incoherent statements.

To those of you who feel sorry for Ed you are dilusional. He is a big boy and he is playing in the big leagues. In the words of Harry S. Truman, "If you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen." The world is a harsh and rough place, especially when dealing with crime and criminals. Ed is way out of his league and outmatched. He has no business being Sheriff. His true colors are coming to light.
this is interesting

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Bob Wiley wrote:
To those of you who feel sorry for Ed you are dilusional. He is a big boy and he is playing in the big leagues. In the words of Harry S. Truman, "If you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen." The world is a harsh and rough place, especially when dealing with crime and criminals. Ed is way out of his league and outmatched. He has no business being Sheriff. His true colors are coming to light.
Yes, it made me feel sorry for Eddie. Like I said, I was leaning toward voting Dobbs, but don't feel right there now. I didn't hear a scared little boy like a couple of you say, but a rather cautious one. The video did scare me though. I never thought of Dobbs as being that brutal--if you can call it that. I didn't want to vote Strenfel because I didn't really like his wife. So where does this leave my vote? I may have to vote for him now, just because Dobbs scares me. Oh, I keep forgetting. It's not up to me, God will be consulted on this--a lot. I just need to work on my faith and love. After all, this county still belongs to the Christians. When Jesus went back to Heaven, he turned it all over to us.

Since: Feb 12

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Judged:

You think the sheriff was wrong. Do you think he should have just not said anything and let god handle it. What a load of crap. Ed and Rick knew what they were doing. He confronted him and made him admit he had lied. This is America and you have rights but when you do wrong you answer. Sometimes in court and sometimes in the court of the public. He had an obligation to show the public what kind of person was running before he was elected. Would you have preferred it came to light after the election. Then your whiney ass would have said "Only if I would have known".
what

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Judged:

If you have to lie about someone else in order to beat them you yourself know that you're not good enough . That in itself is a bad thing if he lied on purpose it makes him a liar if it was an accident it makes him incompetent if he did cause somone told him to then he's a follower sounds like a no win situation to me. Imho

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Neelyville Discussions

Search the Neelyville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Horny wer the men at that like BJ.etc 12 min gone like the wind 17
new building 25 min Paula O'Malley 25
"The Kids" or "The Cook" 30 min Just sayn 1
tranny new in town 32 min Pickup Man 6
Sugar gliders for sale. (Sep '10) 33 min Sabrina 35
Review: Big River Boats (Jul '13) 38 min taken 62
shirley ethel loness young vantrease 1 hr wonder 2
•••
•••