travis family murder
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sad

Beaumont, TX

#23 Dec 2, 2012
I think that I am personally interested because I went to school with both of them from kindergarten till it happened. I was in a drivers ed car with Todd for months, just weeks before all of this happened, and I didn't notice anything different going on with him. I am so sorry for your loss. I am just hoping that Bill got the highest possible sentence. Prayers for both families always. I constantly think of this tragedy because it struck so close to home for me. Please don't take any offense to my response, and sorry if it does.
the sister wrote:
Amazing that people still want to know this story so many years later. My brother was killed a mom and dad were killed and two families lives were changed forever. What more do you need to know?
Friend of The Todd

United States

#24 Jun 15, 2013
the sister wrote:
Amazing that people still want to know this story so many years later. My brother was killed a mom and dad were killed and two families lives were changed forever. What more do you need to know?
Agreed.
sad

Beaumont, TX

#25 Jun 23, 2013
I only want to know if in your heart you believe that justice was served for Todd and Bill's family members that were left behind, and again I am sorry if I have offended anyone
best friend

Beaumont, TX

#26 Sep 15, 2013
I think about my child hood b/f a lot Kathleen and I had been friends ever since we were 5 years old. We would have play dates with our kids from time to time. I just have one question that has been on my mine ever since. What happen to her other son? And also how much time did he get? Thank you and may angels be with all....
best friend

Beaumont, TX

#27 Sep 25, 2013
I want to say thank for this and cause she was like a sister to me and not a day since 1994 gone by I haven't thought of her I too have had dear ones taken
best friend

Beaumont, TX

#28 Sep 25, 2013
Johnny wrote:
whoever said dungeons and dragons is a fucking idiot. They were blaming that GAME for satanic worship when I was a kid, blaming it for murders, banning the cartoon.
It's a role-playing game.
You don't fight each other, except on paper.
Has ZERO to do with real magic, the devil, or anything evil at all.
Example: "Johnny rolls a 6"
"Troll takes 5 points damage"
Troll rolls a 5, Johnny takes 2 points damage"
and thats it, thats the game and thats why 99% of the people that play it are geeks or fat people with no friends
I am not a geek or fat and I Love the game and have played it with my son and his friends and they were not geeks and far from fat had lots of friends
Anonymous

United States

#29 Mar 9, 2014
The reason it was dropped so quickly was most likely due to a white ford bronco police chase in La! OJ Simpson was headline news.

I don't believe William was ever charged for Todd's death.
Delma

Beaumont, TX

#30 Mar 23, 2014
the sister wrote:
Hello I hope you get this. I think about you from time to time. Contact me if you would like . Your friend for ever Delma Bowen
the sister

Kinder, LA

#31 Apr 14, 2014
Delma wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello I hope you get this. I think about you from time to time. Contact me if you would like . Your friend for ever Delma Bowen
Thank you! I do remember you!
Unrelated Beaumont Kid

Houston, TX

#32 May 29, 2014
I was an unrelated Beaumont kid of about 11 years old when this happened. My own brother had committed suicide just four years earlier at the age of 19. This site is a testament to the lives that were shocked, hurt, saddened by the tragic loss of the Travis family. We couldn't believe this would happen in our community although I personally knew tragic endings already. I believe in evil but I also believe in free will (D&D made me do it is BS). I believe in God and I ask his mercy on all involved. My brother, the Travis boy, and countless other teens have made very bad decisions that have cost us the lives of our loved ones. May we beg for healing for the families and the rest of us that live on. May we be the healing hands for those that need us. May we honor the memory and the gift that our deceased friends and family were to us.
Carrie

Beaumont, TX

#33 Sep 5, 2014
I was just thinking about my childhood. I loved going to Travis Brothers. My dad was their doctor. I searched bc all these years later and I still think about their smiling faces when I would visit the store. Not really a macabre search. I guess maybe closure? Not that there can be any. I have often wondered how the surviving family is doing. I have often prayed for them. I think we want more information bc we have a need to figure it out. Need it to make sense. But it never will. My peace and love to all whose lives were affected.
Carrie

Beaumont, TX

#34 Sep 5, 2014
Also. It was my family's Saturday ritual to go in to the store. There was no bigger smiles that ever greeted their customers. I loved it in there not was so fascinating to me. So much I could build or make something out of the stuff in there.
To the sister. My memories are happy ones of your family. They are not forgotten. I don't automatically think of the murders when I think of them. I think of happily playing in the aisles while my dad and Mr Travis talked. May you be well.
he tried First try at it

Dallas, TX

#35 May 5, 2015
I knew bill. We went to the same high school his parents were friends with my parents and we would go to events together and bill would be there. I recall one crawfish boil we went to and bill turned on all the propane gas in the house on knowing that people smoked in the house. Thank god someone caught it before they lit up cause everyone there would have parished kids and all. When doing our own investagation we found bill with a smile sitting on the back of the property like he was waiting for the fireworks. Weeks later he did the unspeakable and honestly we were not shocked. Oh and by the way i was on his list and was instructed by police to stay in my home till he was caught. As i watched this nightmare unfold i asked myself why would someone do this and what did i ever do to him to be put on his list and i regret he did not get a chance to try cause it would have been his final stop!
Remembering

Lumberton, TX

#36 May 26, 2016
he tried First try at it wrote:
I knew bill. We went to the same high school his parents were friends with my parents and we would go to events together and bill would be there. I recall one crawfish boil we went to and bill turned on all the propane gas in the house on knowing that people smoked in the house. Thank god someone caught it before they lit up cause everyone there would have parished kids and all. When doing our own investagation we found bill with a smile sitting on the back of the property like he was waiting for the fireworks. Weeks later he did the unspeakable and honestly we were not shocked. Oh and by the way i was on his list and was instructed by police to stay in my home till he was caught. As i watched this nightmare unfold i asked myself why would someone do this and what did i ever do to him to be put on his list and i regret he did not get a chance to try cause it would have been his final stop!
It must have been horrifying to know your name was on the list. Your propane gas story is an interesting insight into Bill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nederland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I need to commit suicide soon Tue 1Victorious365 4
Pelicana Chicken Background Check Nov 25 Hank 2
Nikki's Lounge Nov 20 oilfield winner 1
fernando espinoza Nov 17 bartender 1
News Texas county elects black woman sheriff and vot... Nov 14 Dee Dee Dee 1
charity leonard snook (Oct '13) Nov 9 Concernedmom 3
Vidor is a godforsaken hellhole (Feb '12) Oct '16 Dragonborn 64

Nederland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance