travel on I-10 thru Vidor--how can I by-pass the construction

Posted in the Nederland Forum

carolyn tregre

Avon, CT

#1 Apr 7, 2006
I drove from New Orleans to Houston about 3 weeks ago and was caught in traffic on I-10 stopped dead still for over an hour. I would have gotten off and tried to by-pass but I had been that way before and know the access road deadends at some places.

Can someone tell me a way I can approach from the East on a state highway or county road and end up in Beaumont without using the section of I-10 that is under construction?

Thanks for any help.
vidor

Beaumont, TX

#2 Apr 7, 2006
you will have to go through bridge city
carolyn tregre

Avon, CT

#3 Apr 8, 2006
Through West Orange, Bridge City, Groves and then on HW 73 to Winnie.

Is that about 60 miles?

Is there a website where I can see if they will be working on that Vidor I-10 section on any given day or is that an on-going project that always has tied up traffic?

What is the number of the highway going south to Bridge City?

Thanks for your help. I had not realized that I could go south and then cut over and catch I-10 in Winnie.
Mikey

Shreveport, LA

#4 Jul 4, 2008
Get a Tom Tom and click "Alternate Route", then "highway blocked next X miles", it got us out of traffic and around the blockage in under 20 minutes July 4 coming from Houston to Coushata
Ern

Beaumont, TX

#5 Jul 7, 2008
You can take TX62 south from I10 to TX87, west on 87 to Pt Arthur, follow 87 to 73 and take TX73 west to Winnie then it's just a couple of blocks back to I10 there and you are nearly halfway to Houston without all the mess, of course, you have to reach 62 first, otherwise the only way west bound is the business87, first Tx exit, then you still make better time you just have to tour dwntwn Orange in the process.

“The Indestructible Mooze”

Since: Feb 09

Moozetown, Watacountry

#6 Jun 15, 2009
carolyn tregre wrote:
I drove from New Orleans to Houston about 3 weeks ago and was caught in traffic on I-10 stopped dead still for over an hour. I would have gotten off and tried to by-pass but I had been that way before and know the access road deadends at some places.
Can someone tell me a way I can approach from the East on a state highway or county road and end up in Beaumont without using the section of I-10 that is under construction?
Thanks for any help.
Stop looking for short-cuts. Face the traffic like a man !( not like the whining bitch you are )...
Taylor

Houston, TX

#7 Jun 23, 2012
I sat in this traffic for 3 hours today (6/23/12). It was terrible. The police did a very poor (ie nothing) job of helping the situation.

The interstate merges to one lane and doesn't clear up till Beaumont.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nederland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 8 hr Frank Pharts 18,300
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 9 hr That Fart Guy 22,555
Military 17 hr Lyndall Munson 1
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Mon Gasman 566
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Sep 14 That Fart Guy 676
Vidor Music Thread (Sep '13) Sep 12 Musikologist 7
Jessie Haynes is a racist liar and video proves... (Aug '13) Sep 10 tomasso 7
•••
•••
•••

Nederland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Nederland People Search