No capital murder charge possible in ...

No capital murder charge possible in Nederland slaying

There are 2 comments on the The Beaumont Enterprise story from Aug 1, 2008, titled No capital murder charge possible in Nederland slaying. In it, The Beaumont Enterprise reports that:

The Jefferson County District Attorney's Office cannot seek capital murder charges against 52-year-old Dennis Sattler despite an added aggravated assault charge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Beaumont Enterprise.

Elizabeth Olmos

Lowell, MA

#1 Aug 5, 2008
I cannot believe the state of Texas is not penailizing this monster for what he did. Premeditated murder.... does that not mean anything any more? This was your classical domestic violence situation with the usual horrible ending. He actually beat her up 2 weeks before he shot her. Susan was a dear friend of my sister's and the happiness she brought to Arlene's life is/was priceless. This man needs to pay for his actions to the fullest degree of the law. Fine example this is setting for other women in danger by their husbands!
Kimberly S

Fort Worth, TX

#2 Aug 6, 2008
It amazes me that her family did not know THIS CREEP was beating her. If we would have been given the information he was abusing her we might have been able to save her. I cannot believe friends close to her never reported him. I think this needs to be a lesson to all of us. If we know about abuse we need to report it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nederland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For the love of God do not move to this area Sun Dracula the dragon 1
vidor women are all drug addict trash Sun Lord alucard 6
Vidor Music Thread (Sep '13) Aug 14 Musikologist 14
travis family murder (Jun '08) Aug 12 i remember 36
News Police: Multiple people injured in a T-bone acc... Aug 9 Anonymous 1
James Urban Aug 3 Curious 1
Hello Aug 3 Hello 1

Nederland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance