caldwell county animal shelter
tired of it

Central City, KY

#22 Nov 18, 2012
has anybody seen the plans for the new shelter lately? brock is not sharing them with anyone. CCAR is feeding and paying the medical expenses for the cats and dogs. yet no one from CCAR was invited to the 'groundbreaking' Monday. CCAR hasn't seen the plans, and no one but brock was in on the hiring of the new ACO. i don't think brock has followed policy on the recent hirings he has done. and brock's latest plan for the shelter right now is to kill half the dogs and 3/4 of the cats currently at the shelter. he never sets foot in the shelter, and the only info he has been getting about the shelter is from his close personal relationship with the fired/quit? latest ex-county shelter female employee. people need to know what brock is, and judging from his current behavior, christian is not a label i would put on him. he has not laid eyes on the 60-70 animals he has decided he wants killed. oh, and he wants to cut hours, have the shelter closed sat and sun, with no one going in to feed or clean. how humane is that?
seems right

Chicago, IL

#23 Nov 19, 2012
With what Elbert Bennett said in the paper last week, it seems like you are right. He is on the animal control committee and doesn't even know what is going on.
Listening

Chicago, IL

#24 Nov 19, 2012
Listening wrote:
<quoted text>. Bet you have a lot of friends, two legged or four legged. Feel sorry for you.
I think Abby could actually sell mor barbecue than you're selling now at your place. Maybe the liquor sales will help. Isn't it suppose to make everyone rich.
just wondering

Crofton, KY

#25 Nov 19, 2012
tired of it wrote:
has anybody seen the plans for the new shelter lately? brock is not sharing them with anyone. CCAR is feeding and paying the medical expenses for the cats and dogs. yet no one from CCAR was invited to the 'groundbreaking' Monday. CCAR hasn't seen the plans, and no one but brock was in on the hiring of the new ACO. i don't think brock has followed policy on the recent hirings he has done. and brock's latest plan for the shelter right now is to kill half the dogs and 3/4 of the cats currently at the shelter. he never sets foot in the shelter, and the only info he has been getting about the shelter is from his close personal relationship with the fired/quit? latest ex-county shelter female employee. people need to know what brock is, and judging from his current behavior, christian is not a label i would put on him. he has not laid eyes on the 60-70 animals he has decided he wants killed. oh, and he wants to cut hours, have the shelter closed sat and sun, with no one going in to feed or clean. how humane is that?
So just how is Brock planning on killing all these animals?
Brock

Owensboro, KY

#26 Nov 19, 2012
CCAR is a great organization that has adopted out many animals from the shelter. Mr. Pettit will do a wonderful job with this program. It is sad that all animals can't be saved. We have to keep in mind, we must do what is best for the entire county. I'm also sorry that Elbert feels that he was not informed. Those applications were in my office, he also has a folder that should be checked more than every two weeks. Phillip, Bobby, and Rodney all made it to the office to review the applicants. This matter was also voted on in court.
I will continue to support the Shelter and the animals that are in need. The shelter plans are advertised in the paper right now, the design will be made when the bids are received. It will be a 40 X 60 building. The paper also stated that the ground breaking was open to the everyone. This new shelter will be a blessing to all.
really

Oak Grove, KY

#27 Nov 19, 2012
Cuz I know a man who works there 70 hours a week and tends to about 74 animals everyday!!
tired of it

Nortonville, KY

#28 Nov 19, 2012
CCAR is the only organization helping the dogs at the shelter. the county employee who was selling dogs doesn't count as helping. the proof of that is on facebook.
Brock II

Dunmor, KY

#29 Nov 19, 2012
Brock perhaps a little less time on face book and topix and a little more time doing your job is in order. Thanks.
Brock

Owensboro, KY

#30 Nov 19, 2012
Thanks,ebay is my favorite.
tired of it

Nortonville, KY

#31 Nov 19, 2012
like i said, your local shelter needs your help. adopt, spay and neuter your pets, donate, foster, volunteer. animals are suffering. and please don't say 'i just can't go down there, it breaks my heart'. how do you think the animals feel?
just wondering

Hopkinsville, KY

#32 Nov 20, 2012
Brock wrote:
CCAR is a great organization that has adopted out many animals from the shelter. Mr. Pettit will do a wonderful job with this program. It is sad that all animals can't be saved. We have to keep in mind, we must do what is best for the entire county. I'm also sorry that Elbert feels that he was not informed. Those applications were in my office, he also has a folder that should be checked more than every two weeks. Phillip, Bobby, and Rodney all made it to the office to review the applicants. This matter was also voted on in court.
I will continue to support the Shelter and the animals that are in need. The shelter plans are advertised in the paper right now, the design will be made when the bids are received. It will be a 40 X 60 building. The paper also stated that the ground breaking was open to the everyone. This new shelter will be a blessing to all.
If this is Brock Thomas, than I commend you on how you have handled the whole Abby-Animal Shelter mess. The only thing I would criticize you on is the employment of NB, who was brought in by Abby and as I think you have found out cannot be trusted. She was in on everything from the get go and I feel was a major player in Abby's downfall. As you have so correctly stated, you must do what is best for all the citizens of Caldwell County. Keep up the good work!
RAYGUN

Central City, KY

#33 Nov 20, 2012
Just WHAT do you do for your 2,000.00 a week Brock ?? Now i don't go the courthouse to often but evertime i have been your office it's closed. Getting your picture took ? No i didn't vote for you and i won't the next time either !!
truth is.

Utica, KY

#34 Nov 20, 2012
They told me a dog was going to bite my friends babies face off.
Da Judge

Dunmor, KY

#35 Nov 21, 2012
RAYGUN wrote:
Just WHAT do you do for your 2,000.00 a week Brock ?? Now i don't go the courthouse to often but evertime i have been your office it's closed. Getting your picture took ? No i didn't vote for you and i won't the next time either !!
I can answer that. NOTHING!
Nona

Princeton, KY

#36 Nov 21, 2012
I think I just read that Brock thinks Mr. Pettit will do a good job. It will be the first time. He is the only man I know that got fired from the state road dept. He might work good for the first couple of weeks, then it will be to dirty, his feet hurts or some such excuse. Of all the people in Caldwell Co. that needs a job and would do a good job, they hire this yahoo at $13/hr. Brock where is your brains.
sad

Central City, KY

#37 Nov 21, 2012
I see where the judge and Pettit said there would be no more dropping off animals for the next 30 days because they were overcroweded. It is strange that has never been a problem before with Abby. She would take any animal that was left and took good care of them. It seems like someone does not want to do any extra work to help the animals or people of this county. Abby did it because it was the right thing to do even if it meant more work for her. I guess nobody cares, they keep putting people in charge that only looks out for themselves and nobody questions their actions.
Miss Maggie

United States

#38 Nov 22, 2012
If you want to see a example of the way a shelter should be run go take a look at the Crittenden County Shelter and their Mary Hall Ruddiman no kill shelter.They have volunteers that have some actiivity either adoption drives or fund raisers every week. They also have the full support of Perry Newcome the Crittenden County Judge Executive.Perry really does care about the animals and his actions prove it.
just wondering

Hopkinsville, KY

#39 Nov 22, 2012
Miss Maggie wrote:
If you want to see a example of the way a shelter should be run go take a look at the Crittenden County Shelter and their Mary Hall Ruddiman no kill shelter.They have volunteers that have some actiivity either adoption drives or fund raisers every week. They also have the full support of Perry Newcome the Crittenden County Judge Executive.Perry really does care about the animals and his actions prove it.
Just watch the news. The next Animal Shelter to bite the dust will be them. Just follow the names. They got in trouble in Christian County. Then they started helping Caldwell County and Abby got in trouble. Now I heard they are helping out in Critteden County. Just how long will it take to bring them down too?
Packy Smallwood

Dover, TN

#40 Nov 22, 2012
Nona wrote:
I think I just read that Brock thinks Mr. Pettit will do a good job. It will be the first time. He is the only man I know that got fired from the state road dept. He might work good for the first couple of weeks, then it will be to dirty, his feet hurts or some such excuse. Of all the people in Caldwell Co. that needs a job and would do a good job, they hire this yahoo at $13/hr. Brock where is your brains.
Yes but he attends the right church and thats all that matters.
My Two Cents

Cadiz, KY

#41 Nov 22, 2012
I hope some of you start attending church

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nebo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kerstin wells baby (Feb '16) 20 min Billy 22
fish what kind of person are you? we want to kn... 3 hr fsih 1
add a word drop a word (Jan '12) 3 hr mle 911
Mrs. Shaw at North 3 hr respectfullyyours 13
Reward 4 hr **** 5
See people 4 hr MrFishRoy 3
Good man 4 hr MrFishRoy 14

Nebo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance