Trick-or-treat times scheduled

Alburtis : 6-8 p.m. Friday . No rain date. Allentown: 6-8 p.m. Friday. Allen Township: 6-8 p.m. Friday. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Rico

Ossining, NY

#64 Oct 30, 2009
I just moved to Allentown - what's up with your crazy Halloween law? Halloween is Friday this year? Is it alsways on Friday? Or is it allways the day before, but only weekday? I'm just trying to figure it out. Does anyone know,how long and why have this been happening. Also, is this PA wide policy or just Allentown?

“People smell funny.”

Since: Nov 07

East Vincent, PA

#65 Oct 31, 2009
Rico wrote:
I just moved to Allentown - what's up with your crazy Halloween law? Halloween is Friday this year? Is it alsways on Friday? Or is it allways the day before, but only weekday? I'm just trying to figure it out. Does anyone know,how long and why have this been happening. Also, is this PA wide policy or just Allentown?
It's not law, and you're welcome to petition at the next town hall meeting to have it changed.

It's always the Friday before Halloween. This was done more for the teachers' benefits (you know, back in the day when we actually had parties in schools). Kids would dress up in their costumes, have their parties, come home - and still be in costume and ready to go trick or treating. It's been like this as long as I can remember (I'm 26 now).

This is not PA-wide (I live in Chester county, and we will be trick or treating tonight, rain or shine).

People keep complaining about it, yet no one brings it up at the meetings to have it changed. If you want it to change, you need to speak up someplace other than a forum on the Internet.
Nyssa

Sparta, NJ

#66 Oct 31, 2009
What about Panther Valley wrote:
What about the poor welfare children from Lansford, Coaldale, Summit Hill and Nesquehoning (better known as Hollywood). Will there be no date for these leaches of society, to get more freebies, so they can rot their teeth and let the dental van come around and fix them at the taxpayer's expense? Must their parent drive them to a neighboring town, for them to hone their skill of the leaching from the working class? With the price of gas, you'd think public assistance would provide transportation, for these down trodden members of society. Of course those with oil heat and diesel powered vehicles, can just use some of the LIHEAP fuel oil the is freely provided to them. By the way the government is spending 5.1 billion dollars on this program this year. If it isn't bad enough, the working man pays for these bums heat in the winter, it also covers air conditioning cost in the summer.
For your information not everyone in the area you speak of is on welfare!!! If your going to be an ass keep your comments to yourself. I for one have 2 jobs, my husband has a job and pay for everything out of pocket. There are good people here and bad just like I'm sure your area has. Is it really that much better where you are? I doubt it. GROW UP!!!!
from lansford

Waynesburg, PA

#67 Oct 24, 2010
What about Panther Valley wrote:
What about the poor welfare children from Lansford, Coaldale, Summit Hill and Nesquehoning (better known as Hollywood). Will there be no date for these leaches of society, to get more freebies, so they can rot their teeth and let the dental van come around and fix them at the taxpayer's expense? Must their parent drive them to a neighboring town, for them to hone their skill of the leaching from the working class? With the price of gas, you'd think public assistance would provide transportation, for these down trodden members of society. Of course those with oil heat and diesel powered vehicles, can just use some of the LIHEAP fuel oil the is freely provided to them. By the way the government is spending 5.1 billion dollars on this program this year. If it isn't bad enough, the working man pays for these bums heat in the winter, it also covers air conditioning cost in the summer.
I find this comment rude and ignorant,right away all those in lansford are poor white trash livin off welfare just cuz sum live like that does not mean that all do thank you very much. And who are you to judge anyone anyway. there was a good chance that when you were growin up your parents probably received the same help
sue

Saint Clair, PA

#68 Oct 26, 2010
well I know where yor going when you die !!! There are very many people who work very hard that live in these areas. my sister being one of them she works harder than you I'm sure since you probably mostly work the pole and live on tips from men who are so desperate they pay to look at a scank like you. not nice to make assumptions is it.
simply amazed

Bethlehem, PA

#69 Oct 28, 2010
Wow the message board is full of really angry people.I was just checking to see when trick or treating is held this year and now I am simply amazed that trick or treating is such a "hot button issue".I am going to log off now and get back to my life that is filled with love.
steph

Canada

#70 Oct 28, 2010
megg wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I think you are getting a little crazy over something that's not a big deal. This is done in other parts of the country other than the Lehigh Valley...that's a fact. Do I like that my neighborhood does it on Halloween? You betcha. But would I be all bent out of shape over it being another night...um, no....life is short...there are important things to think about. JEESH.
I agree with you the things that people will complain about and talk about is dumb nobodys gonna change it so y b**ch about it I posted about a hit and run and nobody commented on that that was important yet nobody talks get ur heads out of ur azzs and stop complaining it is wat it is and that's that if u wanna complain then complain about the 17 18 year kids that r still going not the night its held on !!!!!
rose

Allentown, PA

#71 Friday Oct 24
Is it today

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nazareth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Federal judge recommends tossing Brandon Bloss'... (Dec '08) Oct 27 Rubber Band 43
one less scumbag Oct 27 the watcher 4
Man shot by police officer in Easton dies at en... Oct 27 the watcher 4
easton cops i remember Oct 27 the watcher 8
Anyone want to sext? (May '11) Sep '14 naughtygirl 15
Shopping Scout: August 19, 2009 (Dec '09) Sep '14 hampsoneric0 7
Bank teller charged in theft says she has gambl... Sep '14 mslancelot 1

Nazareth News Video

Nazareth Dating
Find my Match

Nazareth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Nazareth News, Events & Info