Bear spotted in Stark-Wayne

Bear spotted in Stark-Wayne

There are 5 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Jun 14, 2007, titled Bear spotted in Stark-Wayne. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

A 125-pound black bear is on the prowl along the Stark-Wayne County line, according to the Ohio Division of Wildlife.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

Greg

United States

#1 Jun 14, 2007
Watch out! Bears are godless killing machines!
John

Chardon, OH

#2 Jun 15, 2007
Greg wrote:
Watch out! Bears are godless killing machines!
It's a shame that Greg is so misinformed about Black Bears! They are far from "Killing Machines"!
Oh wait,I take that back, they do kill and eat a lot of wild plants and a few insects here and there! Beware Vegetables!!!
*Check out Ohio Division of Wildlife's website and learn the real FACTS about bears!
Grow Up

Lorain, OH

#3 Jun 16, 2007
Do not minimize and ridicule precautionary statement like, "they should not be approached". The public needs to be aware, so they can instruct their kids about staying safe if a bear shows up near them. There are fools out there who would be dumb enough to try to catch and domesticate one.
Tired of the nonsense

Mentor, OH

#4 Jun 16, 2007
John wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a shame that Greg is so misinformed about Black Bears! They are far from "Killing Machines"!
Oh wait,I take that back, they do kill and eat a lot of wild plants and a few insects here and there! Beware Vegetables!!!
*Check out Ohio Division of Wildlife's website and learn the real FACTS about bears!
John---You obviously don't watch the Colbert Report so you wouldn't get it. Its a joke that anyone who has seen the show would get so take a nice deep breath and calm down!
ohio_guy 67

Niles, OH

#5 Jun 16, 2007
ha!!!!
I didnt know that (about the colbert report)..had to look it up.

BUT..........
it was too easy to know that what Greg posted was indeed sarcasm, wit or humor, without ever having seen 'Colbert'.....

~LOL @ ppl. who are TOO SERIOUS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Navarre Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News High School Senior Elected To School Board (Nov '09) Jan 14 thenewthemoonvill... 2
Tim Boyle Oct '16 JMANURO 1
News CCAD expects students to be drawn to new comics... Aug '16 Reality Speaks 1
Massillon Music Emporium (Oct '12) Jun '16 Musikologist 31
law (Feb '16) May '16 BurnItDown 8
Melissa miller welling (May '16) May '16 take that 1
Anyone see a Caboose in Navarre area? (Nov '12) Apr '15 none 3

Navarre Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Navarre Mortgages