Sign directs visitors to location of popular stag bar reunion

There are 11 comments on the Carrollton Free Press Standard story from Nov 12, 2013, titled Sign directs visitors to location of popular stag bar reunion. In it, Carrollton Free Press Standard reports that:

From left are: Denny Roudebush, Chris Jones, Bill Wohlwend, Lynn Poplin, Brad Wheeler and Scott Tasker.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carrollton Free Press Standard.

Tired of the Game

Malvern, OH

#1 Nov 13, 2013
Gee, are women allowed ? The last I remember of the original place , it was nothing more than a watering hole for male chauvinists . Sorry guys but true .
ELR

Medina, OH

#2 Nov 13, 2013
Thats what made it so unique. Sorry gals, but true
a taxpayer

Saint Clairsville, OH

#3 Nov 14, 2013
I don't see anything wrong with it.
a choice

New Philadelphia, OH

#4 Nov 14, 2013
You mean female hypo agency? Obviously someone judge you clueless. They must be a Feminist.
Brtcl

Akron, OH

#5 Nov 14, 2013
Women are allowed.
a taxpayer

Saint Clairsville, OH

#6 Nov 15, 2013
They got their way again.
A Vet

Saint Clairsville, OH

#7 Nov 15, 2013
Sound like a little misandry from "Tired of the game."
Observer

New Philadelphia, OH

#8 Nov 15, 2013
So what if hairy legs want to hang with other hairy legs. Whatever turns you on!
Wow

Minerva, OH

#9 Nov 19, 2013
You obviously lived a sheltered life and were not allowed by your parents to go near Coleys. Sorry for your loss!
Tired of the Game wrote:
Gee, are women allowed ? The last I remember of the original place , it was nothing more than a watering hole for male chauvinists . Sorry guys but true .
Richard Ellers

Warren, OH

#10 Nov 23, 2013
99% of the Carrolton women I interviewed years ago had no prblem with the males only patronage of Coley's Stag; in fact they were happy that their husbands took their sons to Coley's when the son turned 18, for the boy's first (legal)beer. According to legend, if a woman called The Stag and asked for a gent, Coley would look at the ceing and say, "I don't see him." I went to Coley's for teh story after a story about Gov Jum Rhodes taking a aoprty of guys to Cole's during a campiagn swing around Ohil /s/Richard Ellers, retired Plain Desler state reorter.

“"You're Ok to me"”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#11 Nov 24, 2013
Richard Ellers wrote:
99% of the Carrolton women I interviewed years ago had no prblem with the males only patronage of Coley's Stag; in fact they were happy that their husbands took their sons to Coley's when the son turned 18, for the boy's first (legal)beer. According to legend, if a woman called The Stag and asked for a gent, Coley would look at the ceing and say, "I don't see him." I went to Coley's for teh story after a story about Gov Jum Rhodes taking a aoprty of guys to Cole's during a campiagn swing around Ohil /s/Richard Ellers, retired Plain Desler state reorter.
Thanks for the laugh, Richard! I've heard that same thing. I've also heard females didn't mind their husbands hanging out at Coleys all day because there weren't any other women there like at other taverns. Women simply didn't feel threatened by Coleys Stag Bar. And the men weren't any more or less chauvinistic while seated at Coleys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Navarre Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dear Bridgestone Firestone, Akron wants you to ... (Apr '08) Apr 30 DOC 62
Anyone see a Caboose in Navarre area? (Nov '12) Apr 22 none 3
Massillon Music Emporium (Oct '12) Apr 22 Musikologist 28
unsolved mysteries - the wackers Mar '15 bud 1
hooker (Aug '13) Mar '15 YouIdiots69 4
News Bank Robbery in Massillon (Jan '10) Jan '15 WHO Cares 6
Debate: Gay Marriage - Massillon, OH (Aug '10) Dec '14 Brian_G 19
More from around the web

Navarre People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE