Fatal Car Accident

Fatal Car Accident

There are 86 comments on the WEAR TV3 story from Jul 3, 2006, titled Fatal Car Accident. In it, WEAR TV3 reports that:

Two people were killed in car accident in Okaloosa county early this morning. According to the Florida Highway Patrol 23 year old Lindsay Sustin was heading south on Highway 85 around 3:45 pm.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WEAR TV3.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Kasey

Fort Walton Beach, FL

#82 Sep 7, 2007
Lindsay was my best friend and I wish so much I had been with her that night and could have stopped her from driving. I am so sorry for Wes. I never met him but he is apparently well-loved. But I am sorry for Lindsay too. She was a good person, at heart, even though she would do stupid things like driving drunk every now and then. I knew that she was headed down a destructive path and I just didn't know what to do to reach her. We had grown apart the last few months she was alive. I live with the constant regret that maybe if I had said something else, or done something else, she would still be here today and so would Wes.

I was up in Tennessee attending my great-grandmother's funeral when I got the call from her mom. It was, ironically, my 20th birthday. I remember talking to her a couple days before, just to let her know where I was and to plan how we would celebrate our birthdays when I got back. I wish I could have said something to keep her from drinking while I was gone...the thought never crossed my mind that something so horrible could happen.

What disturbs me so much after reading the comments on this forum is the anger and hate some of you have expressed. I understand your loss, but I wish someone would understand mine. My loss was the person responsible for the accident, but that doesn't make it any less of a tragedy. Yes, she caused the crash, yes, she was in the wrong, but there's still a huge hole in my life and in my heart where she used to be. Lindsay had friends and family just like Wes did, and no one here is making it any easier on them by calling her a bitch or saying that you'd fucking kill her if she were still alive. You're only making an awful situation that much worse.

I think about her every day and it's only very recently that I have found I can talk about her without crying. I miss her like all of you miss Wes. Please be kinder in the things you say and do. You are not the only ones hurting.
Marquel Walker

Clemmons, NC

#84 Jun 10, 2010
no i am not who is this
rip

Troy, MI

#85 Dec 12, 2013
Texas wrote:
I am a friend of Lindsay's. Browne, I am so sorry about your son. Lindsay was supposed to celebrate her 24th birthday tomorrow. Very tragic for everyone involved!!!!
so sad
amen

Seattle, WA

#86 Dec 12, 2013
Kasey wrote:
Lindsay was my best friend and I wish so much I had been with her that night and could have stopped her from driving. I am so sorry for Wes. I never met him but he is apparently well-loved. But I am sorry for Lindsay too. She was a good person, at heart, even though she would do stupid things like driving drunk every now and then. I knew that she was headed down a destructive path and I just didn't know what to do to reach her. We had grown apart the last few months she was alive. I live with the constant regret that maybe if I had said something else, or done something else, she would still be here today and so would Wes.

I was up in Tennessee attending my great-grandmother's funeral when I got the call from her mom. It was, ironically, my 20th birthday. I remember talking to her a couple days before, just to let her know where I was and to plan how we would celebrate our birthdays when I got back. I wish I could have said something to keep her from drinking while I was gone...the thought never crossed my mind that something so horrible could happen.

What disturbs me so much after reading the comments on this forum is the anger and hate some of you have expressed. I understand your loss, but I wish someone would understand mine. My loss was the person responsible for the accident, but that doesn't make it any less of a tragedy. Yes, she caused the crash, yes, she was in the wrong, but there's still a huge hole in my life and in my heart where she used to be. Lindsay had friends and family just like Wes did, and no one here is making it any easier on them by calling her a bitch or saying that you'd fucking kill her if she were still alive. You're only making an awful situation that much worse.

I think about her every day and it's only very recently that I have found I can talk about her without crying. I miss her like all of you miss Wes. Please be kinder in the things you say and do. You are not the only ones hurting.
Sending love
Friend

Mesquite, NV

#87 Dec 13, 2013
Kasey wrote:

we love you Kasey
Giavoni Veal

United States

#88 Apr 1, 2015
I knew wes really well he was amazing and I cared for him so much, I should have dated you when you asked me,I should have kissed you when you were here, but I was so young I never imagined he would be gone... I love you wes, and I still think of you all the time,I want to hate her but I can't..I pray good has forgiven her and I hope your in heaven wes smiling and enjoying yourself. I love you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Navarre Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New townhomes coming to Okaloosa Island Oct 12 Island man 1
News Corps addresses Navarre Pass (Oct '08) Oct 12 MudBunee 14
Why Are SO Many Gays and Lesbians Drawn to Nava... (Apr '12) Oct 12 MudBunee 3
News Pace students pray in spite of graduation contr... (Jun '09) Oct 9 ThomasA 4
Looking for a good time Oct 2 Tim 1
Looking (Oct '14) Oct 2 Cat 2
Living In Navarre .....good or bad ? (Jun '08) Sep 28 Brad 72

Navarre Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Navarre Mortgages