Fatal Car Accident

Full story: WEAR TV3

Two people were killed in car accident in Okaloosa county early this morning. According to the Florida Highway Patrol 23 year old Lindsay Sustin was heading south on Highway 85 around 3:45 pm.

Comments (Page 5)

Showing posts 81 - 85 of85
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Kasey

Mary Esther, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2007

Judged:

Lindsay was my best friend and I wish so much I had been with her that night and could have stopped her from driving. I am so sorry for Wes. I never met him but he is apparently well-loved. But I am sorry for Lindsay too. She was a good person, at heart, even though she would do stupid things like driving drunk every now and then. I knew that she was headed down a destructive path and I just didn't know what to do to reach her. We had grown apart the last few months she was alive. I live with the constant regret that maybe if I had said something else, or done something else, she would still be here today and so would Wes.

I was up in Tennessee attending my great-grandmother's funeral when I got the call from her mom. It was, ironically, my 20th birthday. I remember talking to her a couple days before, just to let her know where I was and to plan how we would celebrate our birthdays when I got back. I wish I could have said something to keep her from drinking while I was gone...the thought never crossed my mind that something so horrible could happen.

What disturbs me so much after reading the comments on this forum is the anger and hate some of you have expressed. I understand your loss, but I wish someone would understand mine. My loss was the person responsible for the accident, but that doesn't make it any less of a tragedy. Yes, she caused the crash, yes, she was in the wrong, but there's still a huge hole in my life and in my heart where she used to be. Lindsay had friends and family just like Wes did, and no one here is making it any easier on them by calling her a bitch or saying that you'd fucking kill her if she were still alive. You're only making an awful situation that much worse.

I think about her every day and it's only very recently that I have found I can talk about her without crying. I miss her like all of you miss Wes. Please be kinder in the things you say and do. You are not the only ones hurting.
Marquel Walker

King, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

no i am not who is this
rip

Troy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Texas wrote:
I am a friend of Lindsay's. Browne, I am so sorry about your son. Lindsay was supposed to celebrate her 24th birthday tomorrow. Very tragic for everyone involved!!!!
so sad
amen

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Kasey wrote:
Lindsay was my best friend and I wish so much I had been with her that night and could have stopped her from driving. I am so sorry for Wes. I never met him but he is apparently well-loved. But I am sorry for Lindsay too. She was a good person, at heart, even though she would do stupid things like driving drunk every now and then. I knew that she was headed down a destructive path and I just didn't know what to do to reach her. We had grown apart the last few months she was alive. I live with the constant regret that maybe if I had said something else, or done something else, she would still be here today and so would Wes.

I was up in Tennessee attending my great-grandmother's funeral when I got the call from her mom. It was, ironically, my 20th birthday. I remember talking to her a couple days before, just to let her know where I was and to plan how we would celebrate our birthdays when I got back. I wish I could have said something to keep her from drinking while I was gone...the thought never crossed my mind that something so horrible could happen.

What disturbs me so much after reading the comments on this forum is the anger and hate some of you have expressed. I understand your loss, but I wish someone would understand mine. My loss was the person responsible for the accident, but that doesn't make it any less of a tragedy. Yes, she caused the crash, yes, she was in the wrong, but there's still a huge hole in my life and in my heart where she used to be. Lindsay had friends and family just like Wes did, and no one here is making it any easier on them by calling her a bitch or saying that you'd fucking kill her if she were still alive. You're only making an awful situation that much worse.

I think about her every day and it's only very recently that I have found I can talk about her without crying. I miss her like all of you miss Wes. Please be kinder in the things you say and do. You are not the only ones hurting.
Sending love
Friend

Iliff, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Kasey wrote:

we love you Kasey

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 85 of85
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Navarre Discussions

Search the Navarre Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
FL 'Hiccup girl' charged with murder in Florida (Oct '10) 42 min jase 1,787
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 42 min Panamaed 2,621
CONDOS in NW Florida (Mar '10) Tue CuriousG 5
Three arrested after meth lab found Mon Anonymous 1
OUT & ABOUT: G.S. Gelato to provide for nationa... Apr 14 JusticeShouldRule 1
gay nude beach (Apr '09) Apr 12 Leon 18
Review: Mango Maddie's Water Sports Apr 10 Carl graham 1
•••

Rip Current Statement for Santa Rosa County was issued at April 17 at 11:40AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Navarre Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Navarre Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Navarre People Search