Navarre woman: Priest denied Communio...

Navarre woman: Priest denied Communion, had her pulled over

There are 9 comments on the Northwest Florida Daily News story from Jan 14, 2011, titled Navarre woman: Priest denied Communion, had her pulled over. In it, Northwest Florida Daily News reports that:

Navarre resident Jackie Trebesh said she was flabbergasted and irritated when a Catholic priest denied her and her daughter Holy Communion, and then had a Santa Rosa County deputy pull her over.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Northwest Florida Daily News.

Anonymous

Monroeville, AL

#1 Jan 17, 2011
Why would this woman want contact with anyone from that church? Obviously they are freaks!

“I hate watermelon!”

Since: Dec 10

Stroudsburg, PA

#2 Jan 17, 2011
I'm not even religious but I think the daughter was wrong in what she did. Unless I missed something, why punish the mother though? The daughter was an adult.

I don't believe any substance can be transformed into another, but I would never in a million years do something like that.

Since: Jun 09

DeKalb, IL

#3 Jan 20, 2011
There has to be more to this story than what is conveyed here. To cite them for trespassing is rather serious. And if the mother was truly 'bothered' by this why did not she stay until after the liturgy to speak with the priest?

“I hate watermelon!”

Stroudsburg, PA

#4 Jan 21, 2011
Jos Soroka wrote:
There has to be more to this story than what is conveyed here. To cite them for trespassing is rather serious. And if the mother was truly 'bothered' by this why did not she stay until after the liturgy to speak with the priest?
Good point.
Ho Lee Schitt

Richmond, IN

#5 Jan 22, 2011
What else can you expect from a cult run by an ex Hitler youth member who helped to cover up for pedophiles for decades!!
paul shykora arts

Calgary, Canada

#6 Jan 22, 2011
VHAT??...WHAT??....eh..
Anonymous

Monroeville, AL

#7 Jan 23, 2011
Sheryl 1 wrote:
I'm not even religious but I think the daughter was wrong in what she did. Unless I missed something, why punish the mother though? The daughter was an adult.

I don't believe any substance can be transformed into another, but I would never in a million years do something like that.
What if the daughter spit gum out? People probably put worse in that parking lot. Whole situation is bizarre. Organized religion / mafia, just too bizarre. Whatever she spit out not near as bad as reputation of priest molesters!!

“I hate watermelon!”

Stroudsburg, PA

#8 Jan 23, 2011
Princess Jenni wrote:
<quoted text>
What if the daughter spit gum out? People probably put worse in that parking lot. Whole situation is bizarre. Organized religion / mafia, just too bizarre. Whatever she spit out not near as bad as reputation of priest molesters!!
Princess Jenni - very good point. The church is demanding respect for a substance which I believe stays bread anyway, yet shows no respect or empathy for the abuse victims.

I only meant that I wouldn't go to that length to publicly show disrespect to that degree towards any religion. Words are one thing; we debate here and fight, but I wouldn't go into anyone's house of worship and desecrate their holiest relics/whatever.

Thanks for your post.
Anonymous

Monroeville, AL

#9 Jan 26, 2011
Sheryl 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Princess Jenni - very good point. The church is demanding respect for a substance which I believe stays bread anyway, yet shows no respect or empathy for the abuse victims.

I only meant that I wouldn't go to that length to publicly show disrespect to that degree towards any religion. Words are one thing; we debate here and fight, but I wouldn't go into anyone's house of worship and desecrate their holiest relics/whatever.

Thanks for your post.
Agree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Navarre Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
robert eric burkes (Oct '07) Dec 5 Anon 27
Living In Navarre .....good or bad ? (Jun '08) Nov 30 Iknow 67
CDL A training schools in FWB? (Dec '11) Nov '16 username 6
Where can an under-25 rent a condo in FWB? Nov '16 Dubbya 2
dont get fooled by trump Nov '16 wtf 2
Sinkhole fixed by 'Closer to the Heart' Aquifer... (Mar '13) Nov '16 Lavon Affair 10
Nude beach near Destin (Nov '10) Nov '16 GrowUp 84

Navarre Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Navarre Mortgages