Navarre woman: Priest denied Communion, had her pulled over

Jan 14, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Northwest Florida Daily News

Navarre resident Jackie Trebesh said she was flabbergasted and irritated when a Catholic priest denied her and her daughter Holy Communion, and then had a Santa Rosa County deputy pull her over.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Anonymous

Gulf Breeze, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Why would this woman want contact with anyone from that church? Obviously they are freaks!

“I hate watermelon!”

Since: Dec 10

Stroudsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Judged:

I'm not even religious but I think the daughter was wrong in what she did. Unless I missed something, why punish the mother though? The daughter was an adult.

I don't believe any substance can be transformed into another, but I would never in a million years do something like that.

Since: Jun 09

DeKalb, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2011

There has to be more to this story than what is conveyed here. To cite them for trespassing is rather serious. And if the mother was truly 'bothered' by this why did not she stay until after the liturgy to speak with the priest?

“I hate watermelon!”

Stroudsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2011

Jos Soroka wrote:
There has to be more to this story than what is conveyed here. To cite them for trespassing is rather serious. And if the mother was truly 'bothered' by this why did not she stay until after the liturgy to speak with the priest?
Good point.
Ho Lee Schitt

Lambertville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2011

Judged:

What else can you expect from a cult run by an ex Hitler youth member who helped to cover up for pedophiles for decades!!
paul shykora arts

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2011

VHAT??...WHAT??....eh..
Anonymous

Gulf Breeze, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2011

Judged:

Sheryl 1 wrote:
I'm not even religious but I think the daughter was wrong in what she did. Unless I missed something, why punish the mother though? The daughter was an adult.

I don't believe any substance can be transformed into another, but I would never in a million years do something like that.
What if the daughter spit gum out? People probably put worse in that parking lot. Whole situation is bizarre. Organized religion / mafia, just too bizarre. Whatever she spit out not near as bad as reputation of priest molesters!!

“I hate watermelon!”

Stroudsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2011

Judged:

Princess Jenni wrote:
<quoted text>
What if the daughter spit gum out? People probably put worse in that parking lot. Whole situation is bizarre. Organized religion / mafia, just too bizarre. Whatever she spit out not near as bad as reputation of priest molesters!!
Princess Jenni - very good point. The church is demanding respect for a substance which I believe stays bread anyway, yet shows no respect or empathy for the abuse victims.

I only meant that I wouldn't go to that length to publicly show disrespect to that degree towards any religion. Words are one thing; we debate here and fight, but I wouldn't go into anyone's house of worship and desecrate their holiest relics/whatever.

Thanks for your post.
Anonymous

Gulf Breeze, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2011

Sheryl 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Princess Jenni - very good point. The church is demanding respect for a substance which I believe stays bread anyway, yet shows no respect or empathy for the abuse victims.

I only meant that I wouldn't go to that length to publicly show disrespect to that degree towards any religion. Words are one thing; we debate here and fight, but I wouldn't go into anyone's house of worship and desecrate their holiest relics/whatever.

Thanks for your post.
Agree.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Navarre Discussions

Search the Navarre Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 7 hr number 23 2,915
EDITORIAL: Pulling OCT out by its routes 10 hr david underwood 1
robert eric burkes (Oct '07) Jul 11 Dr Hei 19
Gulf Coast Youth Services and "other" Fl. DJJ ... (Feb '09) Jul 5 Billy spaulding 25
Nude beach near Destin (Nov '10) Jul 1 Human 72
Navarre Beach sees growth, but visitors still e... Jun 18 ThomasA 2
Do you approve of Beverly Zimmern as Mayor? Jun '14 Hello 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Navarre Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••